6MT 2018 GT3 at Porsche North Houston

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 02:25 PM
Shark
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Great dealer and SA aside, .
Opinions differ....their guy on this thread doesn't even bother to return communication....
Old 11-29-2017, 03:18 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,984 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
Well, I was a bit conflicted on how I wanted to handle this situation, and here comes Martin with yet another flyby smear of another Porsche dealer. There is no one on Rennlist who takes a more active role in disparaging PCNA and Porsche dealers than Martin. He takes pride in it. Most of the dealers he targets, he's never had any interaction with. And we all know, of course, PNH has provided Martin with a highly desirable GT3 allocation - fully aware of how Martin treats PCNA and Porsche dealers here on RL.

So....how can I turn this issue into a positive?

Martin,

If I could prove to you that PNH is not telling the truth about this particular GT3 situation, would you agree to stop smearing every Porsche dealer in the United States for one year? You would not be permitted to make your typical reprehensible statements like the one above, nor would you be able to accuse dealers that you've never interacted with as stealers, lacking a soul, etc. etc.

It might take me 24 hours to get this proof (time zone issues), but if you're willing to agree to these terms, I'll see what I can do.

All the pressure is on me... now I've got to deliver. No reason why you should say no.

Deal?
First of all, the only thing that I have a problem with PCNA about is that they don't punish the dealers that are asking badly (it would help the brand if they did). Secondly, yes I will continue to bash bad dealers (aka stealers) and give props and business to the good guy dealers (see my signature)...I do enjoy bashing bad dealers because they deserve all the bashing they get. I tried to establish relationship with several SoCal and Vegas dealers but all I got were the sound of crickets or lies. Thankfully I've had good fortune to do business with all 3 of the good guy dealers in my signature and because of my good experiences with them I call them out as good guy dealers. I am considered a good customer with PNH and that is why I got a GT3 at MSRP but that's just par for the course with PNH as they take care of their good customers like any good business should. Don't bother trying to create any kind of evidence because everyone here knows that PNH does business the right way. Focus your efforts against stealers like I do.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:17 PM
red route 1
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 16 Posts

Hello folks,

I don't often post here but I decided to this time because some here are questioning the veracity of the guys at PNH.

For the record:

I spec'd the car. In the past 9 years I have bought 74 cars from PNY. Do the math. It's my thing and I don't need to explain it. You can be sure I didn't make money doing this, most of those cars carried significant depreciation. And no, I am not a 918 VIP.

My thanks to those who like the build. After that many cars, I have figured out what I like, and how to work around pet peeves like why do you get vinyl visors on a car that costs that much esp. when you have a full leather interior.

I hope someone will enjoy this car, I took a long drive in it with my SA one afternoon and to me it is better than the R and the all the GT cars I've had the opportunity to drive going back to the 997's. What am I driving now? A 718 Boxster S with all the performance options.
Old 11-30-2017, 12:22 AM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts

I contacted the dealer re potential trade of my ‘16 GTS. Had a number in mind ($118k) that I wouldn’t take a penny below. Salesman was prompt, courteous and professional. And they made me a fair offer of $110k for my GTS.

The GT3 is close to perfect spec (but, being totally nit-picky, could live without red interior accents and gloss black door handles). Top colors for me are either black or GT silver but Agate is sharp too.

I’m one of those die-hard MSRP-only-types, and I’m beginning to cave. 😆
Old 11-30-2017, 01:58 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,629 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by red route 1
Hello folks,

I don't often post here but I decided to this time because some here are questioning the veracity of the guys at PNH.

For the record:

I spec'd the car. In the past 9 years I have bought 74 cars from PNY. Do the math. It's my thing and I don't need to explain it. You can be sure I didn't make money doing this, most of those cars carried significant depreciation. And no, I am not a 918 VIP.

My thanks to those who like the build. After that many cars, I have figured out what I like, and how to work around pet peeves like why do you get vinyl visors on a car that costs that much esp. when you have a full leather interior.

I hope someone will enjoy this car, I took a long drive in it with my SA one afternoon and to me it is better than the R and the all the GT cars I've had the opportunity to drive going back to the 997's. What am I driving now? A 718 Boxster S with all the performance options.
thx for chiming in and wish your next GT3 touring comes in soon. cheers

Originally Posted by WernerE
If I was a dealer I’d sell you cars all day long just for the entertainment value. Carlsen must lack a sense of humor....
hahaha, maybe bribing with rolex under the table wasn't enough. next time i will try patek grand complication, journe tourbillon or maybe ALS datogrpaghe....

Originally Posted by silverrules
Been there, done that. Bought it for the wife but she can't drive stick anymore?
bought a cayenne for wife in 2014, 3 weeks later, i saw an ODYSSEY on my drive way... god forbid she traded the pepper for the breadbox... whatever.... as long as she cant figure out how many RS i have. i let it slide. btw i never chagned oil on the breadbox for 123000 miles trying desperartly to kill it, it just wont die. i routinely drive ovver sidewalks and graze the lightpoles as i make 3 point turns. the car just wont die....

Originally Posted by Archimedes
If you're gonna pick on Martin, at least do it when he's stretching to make his point. Saying Carlsen is a ****ty Porsche dealer is not stretching.
wow another local hates carlsen.... NICE.
Old 11-30-2017, 03:01 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Completely believe PNH.

If you are for some reason curious as to a particular car, the build sheet will say whether it is a customer build or not. I don’t see why anyone would care, but it says customer or demo or stock.

I thought about waiting and just buying one second hand as it would have made no real difference to me, but I also realized no one in their right mind would spec a car like me.
Old 11-30-2017, 01:14 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Holy smokes! I think we’re at a point in this discussion where we probably could benefit from a group prayer.

<Please bow your head>

Dear Lord Jesus.

Today I pray for peace among the Rennlist community. May you bless us with the capacity for spirited discussion without falling into the devil’s traps of conflict and argument. Most importantly, please give the Rennlist readers the ability to think rationally about Porsche GT cars, rather than falling further into a sinkhole of gullibility and groupthink. In His name, Amen.

Red Route - Thank you for joining the conversation. I never doubted the existence of the "middle guy," the guy who stands between the dealer and the eventual end-user; every dealer has their "middle guy" who makes the flip possible. I must say, you fit the bill: (1) a very long purchase history with the dealer. (2) Not only do you help flip the car, you're also a buyer yourself. You've owned everything under the sun (normally all the good stuff), and, most importantly, (3) you're very good friends with the dealership. If they ask you to help flip a car, you'll do it no questions asked. I don't want to criticize you in any way, because I'm sure you're actually a really good guy. You're certainly a true Porsche aficionado. I know lots of "middle guys," and often they're the best, coolest clients of the store. That's why the store asks them for help. If a store wants you to go ahead and take delivery of a car you have absolutely no intention of keeping, you'll do it. You say you configured the car... I'll take you at your word. I'll say this, the commission numbers for the manual transmission GT3's froze much later than the original PDK cars.

In no way does this change my opinion that this car was deliberately flipped. If a dealer knew months ago this great client of the store no longer wanted this car, why on Earth would they force the client to take delivery? They knew months ago he didn't want it and ordered a Touring from them instead.

Again, let's turn this into a positive.

Martin - if you agree to stop smearing PCNA and Porsche dealers for one year, I drop this whole thing. As I mentioned previously, I do believe I have empirical proof that PNH was not honest in the story behind this particular GT3. I haven't posted that proof yet... I was hoping not to. I was hoping you'd do the right thing and change your contributions on RL to positive, informative content, rather than smearing every dealer you can - 7900 mostly antagonistic posts over 4 years. I can't blame you entirely for how RL has changed over the last few years, but you've played a large part. No one wants "Thunderdome." I'll go one step further in this deal: if you promise to change your tune, I'll stop posting entirely at RL for 6 months. How can you turn this deal down?

The choice is still yours.

"The internet was supposed to make people smarter. Instead, it’s made people stupider; it’s a sinkhole of gullibility" - Frank Bruni (paraphrased)
Old 11-30-2017, 01:45 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Ive rarely seen a conversation improve when that guy named Jesus is brought in, luckily, he never shows up. But I admire your attempt.
Old 11-30-2017, 04:30 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
nversation. I never doubted the existence of the "middle guy,"
the guy who stands between the dealer and the eventual end-user;
every dealer has their "middle guy" who makes the flip possible.
I must say, you fit the bill: (1) a very long purchase history with
the dealer. (2) Not only do you help flip the car, you're also a
buyer yourself. You've owned everything under the sun (normally
all the good stuff), and, most importantly, (3) you're very good
friends with the dealership. If they ask you to help flip a car,
you'll do it no questions asked. I don't want to criticize you in
any way, because I'm sure you're actually a really good guy.
You're certainly a true Porsche aficionado. I know lots of
"middle guys," and often they're the best, coolest clients
of the store. That's why the store asks them for help. If a
store wants you to go ahead and take delivery of a car you
have absolutely no intention of keeping, you'll do it. You say
you configured the car... I'll take you at your word. I'll say this,
the commission numbers for the manual transmission GT3's
froze much later than the original PDK cars.

In no way does this change my opinion that this car was
deliberately flipped. If a dealer knew months ago this great
client of the store no longer wanted this car, why on Earth
would they force the client to take delivery? They knew
months ago he didn't want it and ordered a Touring from
them instead.
Subscribed!

Saludos,
Eduardo

PS
A) While we are at it, PNH has a glaring error in their representation
of another Porsche (
one of the four below) they are selling at their
dealership. A beer on me for the first Rennlister that can spot it &
post it on this thread!

B) For Extra Points - There is another interesting 'plate' on one
of these Porsches (
notA) that doesn't look 'original' to me. It's
perhaps not an 'error' per se (
probably a reproduction), but it's
not how an original would look like (
I think) from factory. First
to recognize will have two (
2) beers on me on their next trip to
Scottsdale!

https://www.porschenorthhouston.com/...AC2A94JS174695
Old 11-30-2017, 04:33 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

That 1966 is not Gulf blue
Old 11-30-2017, 04:49 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by 0to60
That 1966 is not Gulf blue
Correctamundo. Una cerveza para Ud en su proximo viaje a
Scottsdale.

Post #15
'Golf Blue' vs 'Gulf Blue'
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...e-pts-w91.html

Saludos,
Eduardo

PS I am still giving away two free beers for the first that gets the 'extra points' question!
Old 11-30-2017, 05:17 PM
Capt_and
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Subscribed!

Saludos,
Eduardo

PS
A) While we are at it, PNH has a glaring error in their representation
of another Porsche (
one of the four below) they are selling at their
dealership. A beer on me for the first Rennlister that can spot it &
post it on this thread!

B) For Extra Points - There is another interesting 'plate' on one
of these Porsches (
notA) that doesn't look 'original' to me. It's
perhaps not an 'error' per se (
probably a reproduction), but it's
not how an original would look like (
I think) from factory. First
to recognize will have two (
2) beers on me on their next trip to
Scottsdale!

Meteor gray is actually an RS.
Old 11-30-2017, 05:54 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Correctamundo. Una cerveza para Ud en su proximo viaje a
Scottsdale.

Post #15
'Golf Blue' vs 'Gulf Blue'
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...e-pts-w91.html

Saludos,
Eduardo

PS I am still giving away two free beers for the first that gets the 'extra points' question!
Edaurdo, Is that beer offer good in Las Vegas ? My Viper green should be on the ground here in Las Vegas mid to late May. Would like you to see it, if you are ever in town.
Saludos
Craig
Old 11-30-2017, 05:57 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Capt_and
Meteor gray is actually an RS.

Yes Sir and it is a Grey Black RS
Old 11-30-2017, 06:08 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master