Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Euro Delivery Stopped

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2017 | 11:48 AM
Siriuslux
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello ExMB, and that insurance issue was exactly the reason why the PCA closed the Germany Region back in 2003, what a pitty, however that‘s what happens when legal people rule the decisions. They can‘t get their act together because they only have their own legal system in mind and instead of trying to find solutions, they just point out that it is not possible and maybe why.
Well, I hope that they will find solutions.
And I do not know why, however every once in a while I do see a car with a US plate on the road. Lately there was a BMW 5series at Andy Schleck Cycles close to my home.
Old 11-19-2017 | 01:12 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 437 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by jo_ker
general:
those red/yellow stripe plates are meant just for EXPORTING German cars within the EU.
so you are also not allowed to put those on other EU cars as long they do not have german TÜV. (Import from Spain to Germany for example is also not legal with those plates)
From a few year ago, but this was my ED plate. Are these like the exporting plates you describe?

Old 11-19-2017 | 01:30 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,362 Posts
Default AFIAK...

This is a temporary situation that only affects Porsche's ED program, Audi, BMW, MB etc are still delivering... and PCNA believe that the situation will be resolved in the fullness of time... its got nothing
to do with US cars not meeting any EU regulations ... or any other uninformed speculation...
Old 11-19-2017 | 01:39 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Todd B
From a few year ago, but this was my ED plate. Are these like the exporting plates you describe?

yes!
Old 11-19-2017 | 04:36 PM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 503 Likes on 205 Posts

yes.
i mixed up left and right about the red stripe.

it is not an insurance issue. this is solved easy. 100% legal.
its more about TÜV. homologation, registration.
with US plates i do see a better chances. lets see what Porsche comes up with.
they have also german regular plates on prototypes. so if somebody has a long lever. than its the German car industrie by them self.
Old 11-19-2017 | 10:17 PM
Gonzogonzilla
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’ve done three ED’s with BMW. TheBMW Welt in Munich is a glorified auto delivery system of the highest order. I can’t see the authorities shutting anything so eleaborate, a program that so egregiously reinforces branding and repeat sales, for long. I just hope I get my car in June and it doesn’t upset my elaborately structured timetable for Lemans.
Old 11-21-2017 | 01:42 AM
Tplgt4
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told Euro Delivery was cancelled for now but you could still go watch your car get built and rent another car from Porsche to drive. I didn’t complain as I was just happy to get a GT3.
Old 11-21-2017 | 05:10 AM
Marto
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Might it be to do with the requirement for winter tyres?
Old 11-21-2017 | 08:17 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,248 Likes on 484 Posts

Originally Posted by Marto
Might it be to do with the requirement for winter tyres?
nope. Porsche will put a winter wheel set on your car if requested.
Old 11-21-2017 | 10:55 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Tplgt4
I was told Euro Delivery was cancelled for now but you could still go watch your car get built and rent another car from Porsche to drive. I didn’t complain as I was just happy to get a GT3.

when do they ever let you watch your car get built?
Old 11-21-2017 | 12:40 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dark knight
when do they ever let you watch your car get built?
never - best you can do is schedule a factory tour around the time your car is scheduled to pass thru the line...
Old 11-21-2017 | 12:50 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gonzogonzilla
I’ve done three ED’s with BMW. TheBMW Welt in Munich is a glorified auto delivery system of the highest order. I can’t see the authorities shutting anything so eleaborate, a program that so egregiously reinforces branding and repeat sales, for long. I just hope I get my car in June and it doesn’t upset my elaborately structured timetable for Lemans.
AFIAK the suspension of ED is confined to Porsche, and not any of the other European manufacturers who offer ED (BMW, Audi, M-B, Volvo) and again AFAIK this suspension has nothing to do with any issues around
vehicle conformance, nor is it because Zuffenhausen is being rebuilt due to MissionE setup.

As I understand it, it is a temporary bureaucratic issue between Porsche and the Germany Govt.
Old 11-21-2017 | 06:18 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,274 Likes on 528 Posts

It is cancelled right now due to emission certificate. I was scheduled to pick up my GT2RS in Zuffenhausen in June to do a 918 event in July. They told me due to North American cars not meeting the new euro standard they are not allowed to be on the road. Not even cars destined for export. Right now Porsche AG is working to find a solution.
Old 11-21-2017 | 06:37 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by Tplgt4
Did they say you are paying to rent the car, or they will offer you one? Asking because others recently were given a turbo to drive, so trying to get clarity.
Old 11-21-2017 | 06:55 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Did they say you are paying to rent the car, or they will offer you one? Asking because others recently were given a turbo to drive, so trying to get clarity.
I believe that (only?) applied to customers who already had an approved ED date from PAG prior to the suspension of the program....

Quick Reply: Euro Delivery Stopped