Best Exhaust for a 991.2 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2018, 03:37 PM
Golden Boy
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 0to60
Says you
GMG all the way. No need for over priced jewelry that sits under car.

yes i see. Even memebership to rennlist is over priced for you
Old 12-24-2018, 03:55 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Golden Boy
I was a member but refuse to pay dues again until:
People like you disappear from this forum
MODS stop acting like gastapo police
Unfortunately you and the MODS spoil what should be a joyful experience
Going for a drive, done for the day with you.
Old 12-24-2018, 03:57 PM
Golden Boy
Pro

Originally Posted by 0to60
I was a member but refuse to pay dues again until:
People like you disappear from this forum
MODS stop acting like gastapo police
Unfortunately you and the MODS spoil what should be a joyful experience
Going for a drive, done for the day with you.

yes disagreeing on a subjective topic is too much for you. Off to your safe space.
Old 12-24-2018, 05:01 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

LOL...true... he just seems to be an angry elf.
Old 12-24-2018, 05:02 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 437 Likes on 262 Posts

Anyone tested Fi exhaust?

Old 12-24-2018, 05:17 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

I may be the minority, but I'm over loud cars

The stock exhaust sounds great at full tilt
Old 12-24-2018, 05:22 PM
Golden Boy
Pro

Off topic 😂. The armytrix sounds awesome as well

Old 12-24-2018, 05:27 PM
A/S
Burning Brakes

Received 287 Likes on 131 Posts

On my 991.1 GT3 RS I tried:

1) Stock (meh sound with valves open, no sound with valves closed)
2) Sharkwerks center delete pipes (nice sound when valves open, almost no sound with valves closed)
3) FabSpeed race long tube headers + stock center (a little too loud, measured 103dB at WOT and 50ft from the car)
4) FabSpeed race long tube headers + Sharwerks center delete (obscene loud, should not be allowed in public)
5) Akrapovic Race Full exhaust (Titanium 200-cell cat headers, single L-pipe and Akra center muffler) < 2nd best sound quality, missing the raspy sound on the stock center, lower pitch, more bassy
6) Akrapovic catted headers + Stock Ti Center, FVD L-pipes < Best sound quality and volume

On the .2 GT3 RS

1) Stock. Boring, no fun, especially after driving 991.1 GT3RS for a while. Sounds more refined than the stock 991.1 GT3RS, but too quiet.
2) Akrapovic catted headers + Stock Ti Center, FVD L-pipes < Best sound quality and volume, and sounds better up to 5k rpms than my previous .1 RS, car won't see 9k rpm for months.
3) Awaiting JCR Ti race pipes with mufflers (their next product to be released in 2-3 weeks), first set is coming my way. I will combine these with the Akrapovic headers. This could end up being the best setup for sound quality and weight reduction, while being nice loud but not obscene loud. The Akra headers produce power, my old RS felt stronger than my new RS and I blame the headers and the lighter weight of the old car (battery, side deletes, and these headers).

I like the dundon catted headers, but need to hear a car with that system to make an opinion. It was high on my wish list, but at the time they only had the race version (no cats) and coming from the FabSpeed catless headers, I could not handle the fuel smell.
Old 12-24-2018, 05:37 PM
Golden Boy
Pro

Thanks for the detailed post. I went with akra just because i have had bad experiences with lesser products. Figured jumping straight to akra is going to hopefully save me any type of headaches. There was someone on here with a mb gt3 who posted one vid. Any chance you have made another vid?
Old 12-24-2018, 05:45 PM
krell
Burning Brakes

Received 165 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by A/S
Awaiting JCR Ti race pipes with mufflers (their next product to be released in 2-3 weeks), first set is coming my way. I will combine these with the Akrapovic headers. This could end up being the best setup for sound quality and weight reduction, while being nice loud but not obscene loud.
Lots of interested people anxious to hear this setup, myself included. How soon after delivery will you be installing, and any chance you'll take video?
Old 12-24-2018, 06:43 PM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Received 327 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums

Old 12-24-2018, 06:58 PM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Received 327 Likes on 132 Posts

Thanks for the detailed post. I went with akra just because i have had bad experiences with lesser products. Figured jumping straight to akra is going to hopefully save me any type of headaches. There was someone on here with a mb gt3 who posted one vid. Any chance you have made another vid?
I just ordered Akra from Eric at supreme. As a note on price, the center section is comparable in price to GMG or BBI if you don’t buy the tips. I intend to reuse the stock tips as I prefer the black tips and Akra tips are quite expensive. I’ve used akra on motorcycles for years and have found their quality to be second to none. JCR looks interesting, but in looking at the pics, I do believe the materials and construction of akra is a bit nicer.

I will be installing over Christmas break along with BMC filters. I will post videos.

for now I’m doing center only. I will likely add the sides later.
Old 12-24-2018, 07:00 PM
SB27
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny5Alive

I just ordered Akra from Eric at supreme. As a note on price, the center section is comparable in price to GMG or BBI if you don’t buy the tips. I intend to reuse the stock tips as I prefer the black tips and Akra tips are quite expensive. I’ve used akra on motorcycles for years and have found their quality to be second to none. JCR looks interesting, but in looking at the pics, I do believe the materials and construction of akra is a bit nicer.

I will be installing over Christmas break along with BMC filters. I will post videos.

for now I’m doing center only. I will likely add the sides later.
I suspect your setup is going to sound great. I went with the GMG center on my brand new .2 GT3. Only a couple of hundred miles in but love the combination of sound at full throttle and modulated sound when NOT on it. A great balance for my use, neighborhood, etc. Please post your sound when you get everything installed. Again, I suspect it is going to sound spectacular.
Old 12-24-2018, 07:44 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
And this is the problem with RL
You come out of NOWHERE and start with name calling. I was not addressing you. However you feel the Need to be part of the RL police
Oh the hypocrisy
Old 12-24-2018, 09:23 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,046 Likes on 538 Posts

Dundon race going on next week. Had them on my GT4 and was very happy.👍👍

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust for a 991.2 GT3