Sponsored by:

Best Exhaust for a 991.2 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 01:21 PM
Dougr743
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by flyboyx999
you can come check out my Dundon Header when I put it on next week, had it for 2 months now but never had the time to install it.
Thanks, that would be awesome. I have been told headers will not void warranty, but a tune will. So I would love to see and hear your system, is a Tune a must?
Old 01-22-2018, 01:28 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Not to steal from this thread but I am putting up my RSS X-Pipe for sale. It only has 1200 miles. It is in phenomenal condition. I have decided to go another route. Price is $800 delivered in US. Can ship it next Sat.

If interested PM me. Going to list in the classifieds here.
SOLD!!
Old 01-22-2018, 05:00 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,061 Likes on 547 Posts

And you now have...?
Old 01-22-2018, 06:41 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 980 Likes on 490 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
please send me pricing on all your exhaust systems and options
Sure thing, PM incoming shortly.

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 01-22-2018, 07:36 PM
Dougr743
Pro

Originally Posted by WheelsB
Sure thing, PM incoming shortly.

Does the IPE full Catless header, and side delete require a new Tune, also does it cause a CEL, and Want power loss (if any) does it cause without a Tune? Thanks
Old 01-22-2018, 08:21 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Originally Posted by Alan C.
And you now have...?
Pictures Friday afternoon
Old 01-22-2018, 08:23 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 980 Likes on 490 Posts

Originally Posted by Dougr743
Does the IPE full Catless header, and side delete require a new Tune, also does it cause a CEL, and Want power loss (if any) does it cause without a Tune? Thanks
Yes 100% it does require a tune to be accompanied with it. Since this version of the iPE exhaust is catless it will throw a CEL without one. If you don't want this to occur then iPE does have the catted version.

There are power gains even without a tune: +28 hp // + 22 ft-lb
Old 01-23-2018, 05:41 PM
RobbieRob
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 53 Posts

Old 01-23-2018, 06:14 PM
Dougr743
Pro

I think i have made a decision after much conversation and thought. I am going with dundon side deletes and the new 3 inch 321 muffler. allowing me to make a step, better sound, more flow, less heat and then add the headers later. I like the header idea, but am not really concerned with an increase in power. If i like the headers as an option later, just add them. Also eliminate the cracking center muffler. keeps the valves and after speaking with Jamie at Dundon, sounds very close to the header option
Old 01-23-2018, 06:34 PM
Earlierapex
Three Wheelin'

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Dougr743
I think i have made a decision after much conversation and thought. I am going with dundon side deletes and the new 3 inch 321 muffler. allowing me to make a step, better sound, more flow, less heat and then add the headers later. I like the header idea, but am not really concerned with an increase in power. If i like the headers as an option later, just add them. Also eliminate the cracking center muffler. keeps the valves and after speaking with Jamie at Dundon, sounds very close to the header option
FWIW, if you are going to pull it all apart anyway, you might as well do the headers. They add maybe a 30min to an hour to a 4-5hr job (first time). After a couple tries, you can do the whole swap in 3hrs or so.
Old 01-28-2018, 07:20 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

I spoke to my dealer about an aftermarket exhaust. He said it will impact my warranty and there have been cases of engine issues being linked back to aftermarket air filters and the exhaust system.

Given the last GT3 had engine issues how risky is this?

I am dying to have an exhaust, but don’t want to take on the risk of a big engine issue.

Also what is the typical cost for a shop to remove the exhaust and fit the oem back on? Could a Porsche tech tell this was done?

Thanks
Old 01-28-2018, 09:02 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Originally Posted by BrntRubber
I spoke to my dealer about an aftermarket exhaust. He said it will impact my warranty and there have been cases of engine issues being linked back to aftermarket air filters and the exhaust system.

I am dying to have an exhaust, but don’t want to take on the risk of a big engine issue.

Also what is the typical cost for a shop to remove the exhaust and fit the oem back on? Could a Porsche tech tell this was done?

Thanks
That is why going with a Rear Bypass is a great avenue. Will not void warranty. I put on the GRP on Friday and had them adjust so valves are always open. The car is loud as heck and sounds great . No way I would want this car any louder. I am very happy and now the last thing to do is have my wheels painted in White gold like the GT2RS wheels which will be done in April. Car is now going in to hibernation

Last edited by Jimmy-D; 01-28-2018 at 11:36 AM.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:03 AM
Boba Fett
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
That is why going with a Rear Bypass is a great avenue. Will not void warranty. I put on the GRP on Friday and had them adjust so vavles are always open. The car is loud as heck and sounds great . No way I would want this car any louder. I am very happy and now the last tjing to do is have mt wheels painted in White gold like thr GT2RS wheels which will be done in April. Car is now going in to hibernation
this is my delema as well and prob why I won’t do headers as much as I want the extra power....so I’m considering SharkWerks track system...they say it doesn’t throw any codes and now warranty issues

they also say it ridiculously loud which is what i want...
Jimmy, did U take any videos of the new set up?
Old 01-28-2018, 10:06 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by BrntRubber

Thanks
That's to bad about your dealer.
My dealer has installed exhaust systems on new cars for me before taking delivery and in other cases gave their blessings that there will be no impact on new car warranty when I installed my own.
It's just a bolt-on....
Now if I were to "money-shift" the crap out of the engine, the nut behind the wheel would be the cause for non-warranty, not the exhaust system.

BTW there's already a brand new SW w/100mm tips waiting in the garage for my new GT3T to arrive!
Old 01-28-2018, 10:46 AM
Dougr743
Pro

the headers sound amazing, the bypass is louder but different sound. I would think you could just get side bypass's and get a similar sound to a cat aftermarket header. its like being stuck with a slip on muffler on a motorcycle, instead of a full system, The sound sounds fake to me. Like its trying to be something its not. like glass packs on a pickup truck, you can tell. my dealer is totally fine with the headers, just no tune. there is a 5 to 7 k cost to headers, hence the bypass looks like a great deal. I just want to do it once and be done i guess. I don't want to do a bypass and then wish i did the headers. not the the bypass is bad ,just the way my brain is wired i guess

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust for a 991.2 GT3