Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Waiting on your GT3 to arrive? Prepare yourself.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 06:52 PM
dog bucks
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Benedict14

Enduring proof, that drinking and posting do not mix.
Not at all surprised that some take issue .......need more vendors to load up the threads plus dealers and flippers to hype the shortage.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:01 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by dog bucks
Not at all surprised that some take issue .......need more vendors to load up the threads plus dealers and flippers to hype the shortage.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:04 PM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by dog bucks
No wonder you can't get the car you want from your local dealer. They tend to help people they like and tell people like you $50 over. Why? Not because they're "Stealers" but because it takes that much profit to want to deal with someone with such a puss poor attitude!

Steve (who just got back from ordering his new 18GT3....without any drama at all!)
Old 01-24-2018, 07:07 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Benedict14
Enduring proof, that drinking and posting do not mix.

Not even drinking would result in such asinine comments. I would guess a mixture of some illegal substances with low IQ.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:53 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,636 Likes on 2,318 Posts

wow...
if you dont like ur car detailed, it's ok
but ALL the late model porsche paint are well not that great.
some have better eyes than others.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:31 PM
dog bucks
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by SJJ28
No wonder you can't get the car you want from your local dealer. They tend to help people they like and tell people like you $50 over. Why? Not because they're "Stealers" but because it takes that much profit to want to deal with someone with such a puss poor attitude!

Steve (who just got back from ordering his new 18GT3....without any drama at all!)
Paid sticker and have another coming at same....cars for different residences, enjoy your cars boys! oh forgot....you can't find one.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:06 PM
dog bucks
Advanced

Exclamation

Originally Posted by STG
Not even drinking would result in such asinine comments. I would guess a mixture of some illegal substances with low IQ.
So noted. Will be around.
Old 10-06-2018, 05:41 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

FYI:
I've seen more heavier defects in the more recent GT3's than ever before. After discussing the matter with peers from other parts of NA who work on a fair clip of GT3's, they shared similar feedback with me.

Some of the stuff I have seen is literally impossible to practically address without a repaint.

Old 10-06-2018, 08:16 PM
80p
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Detailed Designs
FYI:
I've seen more heavier defects in the more recent GT3's than ever before. After discussing the matter with peers from other parts of NA who work on a fair clip of GT3's, they shared similar feedback with me.

Some of the stuff I have seen is literally impossible to practically address without a repaint.

How recent were the build dates? There was this post back in July about a service bulletin, recognizing that shipping wrap was being applied before clearcoats were adequately cured. At the time I assumed it meant they were comprehensively fixing these issues. But thinking on it, now I'm not sure how premature wrap affects defects at all.
Old 10-07-2018, 02:20 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 80p
How recent were the build dates? There was this post back in July about a service bulletin, recognizing that shipping wrap was being applied before clearcoats were adequately cured. At the time I assumed it meant they were comprehensively fixing these issues. But thinking on it, now I'm not sure how premature wrap affects defects at all.
Yeah, not sure as I've not looked at that. But I would say over the last 5 months or so it's been getting worse.

I'm not necessarily saying folks should turn their cars away when they arrive. Just saying that them being new is not them being perfect. Everyone's own eye for detail can drive their decision to fixing or not fixing any concern areas. Most folks are fine with mostly good but not perfect.
Old 10-25-2018, 05:18 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Detailed Designs
FYI:

JC - Would some of those things be noticeable at delivery?

Unrelated - just saw your vid on your M3. Congrats broski! Love the paint/interior combo!!
Old 10-25-2018, 05:59 PM
Sunny_M3
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

Maybe it’s jusr me, but I honestly don’t care about the wraps and paint protection and super detailing. Don’t get me wrong, I respect the craft and attention to detail; it is amazing. However, I’m simple; as long as I can shift gears, hear that beautiful motor, and everything looks presentable, I’m good. Wear and tear on paint is just part of the ownership experience
Old 10-25-2018, 07:29 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunny_M3
Maybe it’s jusr me, but I honestly don’t care about the wraps and paint protection and super detailing. Don’t get me wrong, I respect the craft and attention to detail; it is amazing. However, I’m simple; as long as I can shift gears, hear that beautiful motor, and everything looks presentable, I’m good. Wear and tear on paint is just part of the ownership experience
At a minimum though, don't you prefer the front of your car to not be pitted and full of paint chips? Getting some basic clear over the front of the car seems like an easy decision so you keep it looking like when you bought it
Old 10-25-2018, 08:31 PM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 510 Likes on 235 Posts

I'm interested to see what disaster paint job came from the factory. Pics of said irreparable weakness?
Old 10-25-2018, 09:54 PM
Porsches
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

My MB car arrives at the dealer this / next week and I will see it before it’s prepped and will attempt to get as many photos as possible of the factory paint.

Quick Reply: Waiting on your GT3 to arrive? Prepare yourself.