New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 09:47 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,247 Likes on 610 Posts

Martin, I think we have to collectively debunk the myth of the driving season price run-

1) most people do not really drive much in their GT cars
2) there are enough dealers and inventory in warm weather states that have 12 months of driving, and smaller dealers in snow belt towns don't get same inventory as big boy stores in TX, FL, AZ, CA...
3) There is a LOT of competition on the broad exotic market for someone who wants latest and greatest. Ferrari, McLaren, Lambo, hell even Aston Martin and Bentley have relatively cool cars for 175-400k.

The casual car dude (not the hard core track junkie, that's different) is really not brand loyal anymore and is consequently spoiled for choice. If you drive a 720, 600LT, Pista, 812, 488, Performante, used SV Coupe, the new GTR Merc, Bentley, DBS Superleggera...and you're NOT a hard core track guy- you're getting in most cases MORE street cred/looks from passersby than in a GT3 Touring (which is kind of the point, right?) but a 3RS or 2RS is still cool looking and boy racer enough to compete visually with a lot of them...until the doors go up and the instagram kids flip out.

Bottom line- Porsche is very niche- and the other cars are trendier. The longer timeline, the better chance that someone else comes out with a car that a PPE (Park Pose Eat) guy would buy instead.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:58 AM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 356 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Always some sucker.
this ^^^^
and the dealers know it
Old 04-20-2019, 10:20 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Martin, I think we have to collectively debunk the myth of the driving season price run-

2) there are enough dealers and inventory in warm weather states that have 12 months of driving, and smaller dealers in snow belt towns don't get same inventory as big boy stores in TX, FL, AZ, CA...
3) There is a LOT of competition on the broad exotic market for someone who wants latest and greatest. Ferrari, McLaren, Lambo, hell even Aston Martin and Bentley have relatively cool cars for 175-400k.

The casual car dude (not the hard core track junkie, that's different) is really not brand loyal anymore and is consequently spoiled for choice. If you drive a 720, 600LT, Pista, 812, 488, Performante, used SV Coupe, the new GTR Merc, Bentley, DBS Superleggera...and you're NOT a hard core track guy- you're getting in most cases MORE street cred/looks from passersby than in a GT3 Touring (which is kind of the point, right?) but a 3RS or 2RS is still cool looking and boy racer enough to compete visually with a lot of them...until the doors go up and the instagram kids flip out.

Bottom line- Porsche is very niche- and the other cars are trendier. The longer timeline, the better chance that someone else comes out with a car that a PPE (Park Pose Eat) guy would buy instead.
CJ, you’re spot on and many are missing there are so many choices in the market know people are choosing different options. I say good and bad for Porsche .....the good is more revenue, but the risk you have tapped into the 200k car market which is a new tax bracket per say. I would guess many GT owners today have 3 to 5 cars so no big deal selling a toy.

I do see the pain when some GT owners saved to get their dream car, and watching the bottom drop out. With that said drive it and enjoy it to remove the value factor. Some of these cars sitting on lots have been sold 2 to 3 times by the dealers, and they will sell no need to rush believe me they’re not stupid.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:21 AM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 744 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban

Totally agree and think this is the greatest reason for softness (relative) in the 2RS pricing, Unless a huge P brand fan there are way to many selections to spend your money on. Let’s face it there is a reason zero high subscribed YouTubers don’t drive P cars. Most folks want to be “seen” at their local C&C.
Old 04-20-2019, 12:33 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 425 Likes on 265 Posts

Totally agree and think this is the greatest reason for softness (relative) in the 2RS pricing, Unless a huge P brand fan there are way to many selections to spend your money on. Let’s face it there is a reason zero high subscribed YouTubers don’t drive P cars. Most folks want to be “seen” at their local C&C.
2RS pricing soft. I am going to put on my flamesuit here, but step back and look at the big picture if you will. Is the price delta (even at MSRP) between the 3RS and 2RS really worth the objective mechanical differences between the two cars? I would venture to say that the market has answered no. So many owners who could and do own both/either have eschewed the turbo.

Agree 100% on the C&C comment. 911's of most any shape and variety in general just dont attract the eyeballs there. You would pretty much have to pull up in a Martini 935 to do that.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:00 PM
Miamistv
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mchrono
2RS pricing soft. I am going to put on my flamesuit here, but step back and look at the big picture if you will. Is the price delta (even at MSRP) between the 3RS and 2RS really worth the objective mechanical differences between the two cars? I would venture to say that the market has answered no. So many owners who could and do own both/either have eschewed the turbo.

Agree 100% on the C&C comment. 911's of most any shape and variety in general just dont attract the eyeballs there. You would pretty much have to pull up in a Martini 935 to do that.
it seems the owners with both cars posting here love the turbo and pick the GT2 as the keeper. Also, the 2 is killing it on tracks worldwide and the drivers love the power out of the corners. I have turbo and NA cars. Love both. My turboS sounds great when I am on it. Have owned 911 Turbos going back to a 993. The have all been great. Any softness in the market is due to the number of cars available at the moment.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:50 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Here you go. Only $40k over for a used car. Don’t worry though it is only ED. I am sure not broken in properly and all those miles without clear bra as well most likely but just guessing.
https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...ard-green.html
Old 04-20-2019, 01:53 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Originally Posted by Miamistv
it seems the owners with both cars posting here love the turbo and pick the GT2 as the keeper. Also, the 2 is killing it on tracks worldwide and the drivers love the power out of the corners. I have turbo and NA cars. Love both. My turboS sounds great when I am on it. Have owned 911 Turbos going back to a 993. The have all been great. Any softness in the market is due to the number of cars available at the moment.
Which owners are tracking their 2RS and 3RS and comparing? I have seen plenty of journalists and mag drivers but sure haven’t seen many “owners” doing this and comparing them and picking the 2RS.

Now those owners that happen to own them both, sure will all pick the 2RS, it is more expensive and they are in a rarer crowd as 2RS owners.
Old 04-20-2019, 05:49 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,028 Likes on 2,296 Posts

Originally Posted by Miamistv
There still seems to be a difference between new cars and ones with mileage. Also, the market swelled with many new listings in the last few weeks.
Maybe the 6 month dealer VIP and 12 month individual VIP time frames have been met.
Old 04-20-2019, 05:50 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,028 Likes on 2,296 Posts

Originally Posted by rmauro
I paid msrp for my 2RS and in touch with a 19 winged 3 at msrp- had a deal with deposit and backed off due to the high msrp- some cars are too loaded with leather etc.
So how STUPID are some of these dealers asking 10-30 over for used winged 3 cars now over a year old- even at depreciated prices do not know if they would sell as any one who wanted one has it.
Congrats on the pick up of the GT2RS at MSRP...what color did you get?
Old 04-20-2019, 06:15 PM
rmauro
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Back in February got a 3RS GT silver car 225 msrp-- sorry for the typo- 2RS way above my pay grade.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:23 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Here you go. Only $40k over for a used car. Don’t worry though it is only ED. I am sure not broken in properly and all those miles without clear bra as well most likely but just guessing.
https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...ard-green.html
Those wheel stripes and seat inserts just scream clown car to me. Not to mention the delusional price.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:29 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 288 Likes on 141 Posts

Funny how the same people here always whining about prices are only the one who don’t currently own a 991.2 GT car. Is it because you guys are still trying to get one or regret selling the one you had? Me, I don’t care about current pricing because I’m having too much fun driving it (6300 miles) and tons of mods so far. Just don’t get what all the bitching about. Just go drive your cars and have fun. Nothing else matters, not even this thread unless your a real buyer. Stop behaving like a bunch a little girls.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:10 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Because the thread is about leads ADM or not, did you not read the title. Not to mention it is the internet and that is what people do when not driving. You don't have to worry about me, I just clicked 12K miles on the Tail of the Dragon this week Wednesday.
​​​​​​​
Old 04-20-2019, 07:29 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 288 Likes on 141 Posts

But as you probably know, it’s now 2019, and this thread is about the 991.2 GT3/RS/GT2RS. You have a 991.1 GT3, great car even though I’d never would’ve bought one. Regardless, enjoy it, put 1,000,000 miles on it, congrats, be happy with it. But all these useless posts from people who are not even in the makers (like you) are completely useless and take away from the quality/function of the thread. If you’re not in the market (which you’ve made clear), and are only posting useless opinions here, as per your post, perhaps you should get out an drive even more. What do you care what prices are if you’re not looking to buy? How is it your mission to tell people what to pay or what a car should sell for if you’re not even willing to buy one? What’s the point? It’s up to every individual to negotiate their own deal. I check it out for whatever I may be looking for, but it’s getting cluttered with more BS than actual leads. Did you read the title? Perhaps you should open a thread about the opinion of ADM or leads. Or perhaps I just feel like arguing right now

Ps. Yes I’m not driving because the car is getting ready for the Smokies Event and I’m mad I’m not and can’t drive it right now I have to take it out on someone.

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM