Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 11:09 AM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 88 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by fast1
I don't have a problem with ADM. MSRP is the manufacturer's suggested retail price. Just like I have no hesitation in negotiating a deal below MSRP, I have no problems with a dealer charging more than in MSRP in those rare instances when he can. It's good ole capitalism at work. For those who can't afford the ADM or are philosophically opposed to paying over the sticker, just be patient. You'll eventually be able to get one at sticker.

So said Martin Shkreli...
Old 04-06-2019, 11:56 AM
yourporscheguy
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I find that amazing how the dealer did not return your calls, that absolutely amazes me..
Old 04-06-2019, 12:02 PM
rmauro
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Saga continues today- no returned calls or emails. Absolutely rude and unprofessional- Porsche of Delaware.
Old 04-06-2019, 02:16 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 466 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackBeauty
Take it from me, better to pay and have the car than hold out and leave the party empty handed.

I've purchased about 15 cars from my dealer -they're a medium size store, but when I broached getting on a list I was going to be #25, and maybe they had 5 allocations - and the first was going to the dealer principal, 2 and 3 we're going to 918 owners.

I could have used a broker and gotten a Touring for 15k in ADM. Well, I saved the ADM, but the only thing in my garage is a GTS, not a GT3T.
dont know if it will make you feel any better but I did a 15k ADM for my GT3 build, and I *am* really happy I did it to get my spec, do euro delivery, and own a GT3 for the first time

That being said now I have a .1 with the 3.8L flat 6, and its still a truly great car. Just different, more a road car and versatile car than the scalpel GT3. I can see and get the allure of a GT3, but there are also cons which Im sure you already thought of if you had to let the GTS go for the GT3T. Can't go wrong either way!
Old 04-06-2019, 02:19 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 466 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by rmauro
Saga continues today- no returned calls or emails. Absolutely rude and unprofessional- Porsche of Delaware.
sadly you are not the only one so at least take solace there, many of us had **** poor experiences at other dealers as well. Good for you to share your experience/which dealer
Old 04-06-2019, 03:10 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts

One thing worse than ADM, trying to force someone to take my hard earned money. Don't care what the purchase opportunity is, I would have walked a long time ago. You are more a man than myself for sticking it out.
Old 04-06-2019, 03:38 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,034 Likes on 5,242 Posts

There is nothing wrong with paying an ADM.

Those that paid for an ADM usually get their cars before those that wait and get the cars for MSRP.

Yes, you paid more for the car, but you also got to drive and enjoy the car earlier.

You can always make more money, but nearly impossible to make more time.
Old 04-06-2019, 03:42 PM
ByeEnzo
Rennlist Member

Received 296 Likes on 87 Posts

I've bought two GT cars new from dealers far away from where I live. The GT4 I got for MSRP through a small market dealer. My '19 GT3RS, I stumbled upon when looking at cars on line. It was built and already in port when the buyer backed out. Configured like I wanted, which is dumb luck. WP, LG, buckets, metal brakes, big tank. Paid 15K over last October for the car. Got 90K trade on the GT4 (it was 100K new). Pretty good deal at the time.

I do not have a purchase relationship with a dealership locally, and the way I see it, I'd have had to buy a 918, or a bunch of other cars (base 911, Cayenne, Panamera, etc) to accrue enough cachet to get a GT car allocation. Trading those lesser cars in or selling them would have lost me way more money than the $15K ADM and what little I lost on my trade in.

Everybody has their own take on ADM. The math in this case made sense to me. When you are going 150 mph down the back straight at COTA, you aren't thinking much about ADM's

Last edited by ByeEnzo; 04-11-2019 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-06-2019, 03:50 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 222 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
So said Martin Shkreli...
Martin would laugh at a 10% ADM. He would corner a market and charge anywhere from 20 to 500 times the original price. No one condones that behavior, and that's why he's behind bars. Moreover, there's a difference between life saving medication and completely discretionary expenditures.
Old 04-06-2019, 04:10 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 88 Likes on 56 Posts

Martin would laugh at a 10% ADM. He would corner a market and charge anywhere from 20 to 500 times the original price. No one condones that behavior, and that's why he's behind bars. Moreover, there's a difference between life saving medication and completely discretionary expenditures.
And that’s exactly what dealers have done, GT2RS ADM was $150,000 to $200,000, similar case with R. 991.1 GT3RS was $100,000. That’s not 10%.
Dealers were contacting smaller dealers around the country and buy their allocations. They were hoarding cars. Porsche was manufacturing cars and dealers were controlling the market. All the sudden people thought buy a GT car was an investment, and so thought the dealers.
This helped the brand image in the short term but it will hurt it in the long run.
I know there are people that are willing to pay more to get a car right away, but to me the problem is that there was no transparency and most dealers were deceiving.
Old 04-06-2019, 04:37 PM
fast1
Race Car

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
And that’s exactly what dealers have done, GT2RS ADM was $150,000 to $200,000, similar case with R. 991.1 GT3RS was $100,000. That’s not 10%.
Dealers were contacting smaller dealers around the country and buy their allocations. They were hoarding cars. Porsche was manufacturing cars and dealers were controlling the market. All the sudden people thought buy a GT car was an investment, and so thought the dealers.
This helped the brand image in the short term but it will hurt it in the long run.
I know there are people that are willing to pay more to get a car right away, but to me the problem is that there was no transparency and most dealers were deceiving.
So anyone who paid the ADMs you referenced made a poor investment, if that's why they bought the car. I appreciate your being exasperated over what some dealers did to corner the market, but dealers took a chance since there was no guarantee that buyers would pay exorbitant ADMs. It's not the same as cornering a pharmaceutical market where the demand for certain drugs is a given.
In my case I wouldn't pay a dollar over MSRP for any car. Unfortunately Porsche GT cars have become attractive to extraordinarily wealthy individuals who are willing to pay whatever the dealer asks, which makes it challenging for the enthusiast who is not that wealthy. We just have to be patient.
Old 04-06-2019, 04:54 PM
rmauro
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

After calling the salesperson later today he informed the fellow who ordered the car is taking it??- meanwhile Thursday he was trying to get me to offer 10k over - my reaction that is all you had to do and not jerk me around for 2 weeks. The whole process does not have to be this ugly. I consider them total ******** for sure. Read their philosophy on their web page is a total farce. Another stealership!
Glad I have an RS and dealt with the nicest person in Colorado-- now will order the last of the GTS for May build from a Florida dealer who I have known since early 2000s.
Old 04-06-2019, 05:01 PM
n3rd
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 42 Posts

Not a shocker. I went to Porsche of Delaware with the intent on buying a CGT they had and they wouldn’t even open the door for me to look at it.
Old 04-06-2019, 05:18 PM
fast1
Race Car

Originally Posted by n3rd
Not a shocker. I went to Porsche of Delaware with the intent on buying a CGT they had and they wouldn’t even open the door for me to look at it.
LOL They must think they are selling corvettes.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:28 PM
BlackBeauty
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 72 Posts

LOL They must think they are selling corvettes.
It's Piazza, I'm sure they're in way over their heads but will learn quickly. They've been buying distressed boutique dealerships in SE PA - Land Rover, Maserati and Porsche of Delaware. Their core business is Honda. I took a drive down on a Sunday, it's always been a small store and was shocked at the amount of inventory - a lot of Cayennes and Macans and used 911s. They had a Speedster in the showroom.

Speaking of that all the principal owner stores except one BMW dealership by me have all gone to larger store family groups (ie 4 Toyota dealerships) that didn't cut their teeth on premium brands.

I say this because if you treat people right you build loyalty, if you're in it for a quick buck, you build contempt (IMHO).

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM