Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 12:43 PM
rmauro
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes that is true but who walks into a store and says I will pay more than the list price- Harley dealers were playing these games in the 90s- no list price on bikes in the showroom and catch em if you can. Well that ended not so nicely.

I am dealing with a dealer for over a week on a 19 GT3 - emailed them yesterday that would wire funds today at msrp- 166- no response- then called the sales manager today and no call back. These are expensive toys and no excuses for treating a customer with outright rudeness and lack of professionalism. A total turnoff.
Old 04-05-2019, 12:56 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

^ I wouldn't walk into a dealership and hand them a blank check, never will. Of course it is your money so no one except you yourself would have a better discipline how you disposition your money. Most people who pay ADM want the car configured based on their own specs. I think that is what most people do with ADM.

More power to those who can get it at MSRP, but life is short. So either you have the money in your pocket or spend it to what you think will make you happy.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 04-05-2019, 01:10 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 759 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by Diamond 9
Thank you so much! I’m sure your correct. As by the sound of it you have traveled that road before ! I’m hoping to take the car to Daytona at the end of the year for 3 day track event. Should be a blast !! I have gone to Daytona for before few times with my C7 1200HP 2015 ZO6 / O7 (currently up for sale) Going 190 Plus is a trill of a life time. I can only imagine what fun it will be in the RS..
I paid 25k ADM, so don't feel bad. If I had to do it over again, I would probably still do it so I could get it built my way. It's easy to look at it now and say ADM was stupid. At the time I paid the ADM, there was 12 guys fighting for 4 cars at my dealer. The dealer ended up getting 10 cars (which are still all sold). At the time, that was the market price. I decided I wanted it, so I paid it. I'm happy with my decision still and just broke 1000 mile break in this morning.
Old 04-05-2019, 01:58 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Congrats! What matters the most is how you "Feel", if it is good then fine and enjoy. If not then, don't do it ever again. We all have different and varying priorities in life so we do what is best for us and in our interest, whatever that may be.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by joejenie
I paid 25k ADM, so don't feel bad. If I had to do it over again, I would probably still do it so I could get it built my way. It's easy to look at it now and say ADM was stupid. At the time I paid the ADM, there was 12 guys fighting for 4 cars at my dealer. The dealer ended up getting 10 cars (which are still all sold). At the time, that was the market price. I decided I wanted it, so I paid it. I'm happy with my decision still and just broke 1000 mile break in this morning.
Old 04-05-2019, 02:18 PM
Diamond 9
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you so much! I’m sure your correct. As by the sound of it you have traveled that road before ! I’m hoping to take the car to Daytona at the end of the year for 3 day track event. Should be a blast !! I have gone to Daytona for before few times with my C7 1200HP 2015 ZO6 / O7 (currently up for sale) Going 190 Plus is a trill of a life time. I can only imagine what fun it will be in the RS..
Old 04-05-2019, 09:44 PM
BlackBeauty
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 72 Posts

Take it from me, better to pay and have the car than hold out and leave the party empty handed.

I've purchased about 15 cars from my dealer -they're a medium size store, but when I broached getting on a list I was going to be #25, and maybe they had 5 allocations - and the first was going to the dealer principal, 2 and 3 we're going to 918 owners.

I could have used a broker and gotten a Touring for 15k in ADM. Well, I saved the ADM, but the only thing in my garage is a GTS, not a GT3T.
Old 04-05-2019, 09:45 PM
BlackBeauty
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 72 Posts

Well, I also have a Boxster and 2 Cayennes (wife has the Boxster and one of the Cayenne's).

Just got an '86 coupe, honestly, it's more fun to drive than the GTS.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:40 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Most people who pay ADM want the car configured based on their own specs. I think that is what most people do with ADM.
That's how I justify it to myself at least lol. I could get a 3RS at sticker if I bought one on the lot. But I want it built to my specs. If I have to pay a (reasonable) ADM for that... well... I did. So there's that.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:13 AM
victorc31
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Diamond 9
I’m new to the Porsche market. Was happy to fined buildable allocation 2 months ago. .2 3RS WP. Place the order with 20k deposit with was the ADM. Probably overpaying by today’s standards. Figured the cost one pays to have the track car build exactly the way one wants.
congrats, same here, paid adm for my own spec and no regrets.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:19 AM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 739 Likes on 403 Posts

To me ADM's are looked at in two different ways by two very different types of people. Those willing to pay just look at it as the TOTAL cost of the car to get what they want. Doesn't really matter the MSRP + ADM. To them they say if I were to build a car the way I want it the cost is $X. To me that is "worth" it so here is my money. The other side look at ADM as a cost that is ABOVE MSRP. I am in this group. Fundamentally ADM for anything isn't going to happen. My view of that is it is just burning money in the fire because it is gone. It is already bad enough buying a car and driving it off the lot, you lose $X the second you do that. To add to that $ADM, I do not WANT anything that much. ANYTHING. Phone, car, watch etc etc. For me NOTHING is worth that feeling I would have the second I paid the ADM and knowing that just because some know how to work the system or have a "buddy" didn't pay the same ADM for the exact same car I would be thinking about that every time I stepped in the car so not worth it to me.

I also do not have a bunch of disposable income. Many here $180K is a rounding error. For me $180K is stretching the limits of this might not be sensible. If I won the lottery and money was no object whatsoever I would probably think differently, maybe. Nah probably not.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:25 AM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 759 Likes on 386 Posts

Maybe Porsche should quit printing the MSRP? Then you might not feel as bad about the price?

Personally, I just see it as supply/demand capitalism. If they oversupply, prices will come down. Porsche has to find the happy medium (which is what they are doing right now by printing more copies than ever). We will see in the next 2-3 years if they went to far this time.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:28 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,092 Likes on 1,009 Posts

This is so crazy of an on going topic many cases it’s a 10% premium to get what you want, and these cars cost more than some people homes. Spending this kind of scratch and complaining about 5% to 10% the average person will not feel sorry them. By the way I didn’t pay ADM, but if had to it’s my money. I like when some say people have more money than brains, ummmm that makes no sense because their brains got them the money ........if you want an investment don’t buy a freaking 6 figure car is the bottom line. Sorry happy Saturday (:
Old 04-06-2019, 10:37 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Manoverpdk
The color purple may be an issue for some. The sil plate can be changed easy enough.
does the sill plate say Caitlyn or Bruce?
Old 04-06-2019, 10:45 AM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

I don't have a problem with ADM. MSRP is the manufacturer's suggested retail price. Just like I have no hesitation in negotiating a deal below MSRP, I have no problems with a dealer charging more than in MSRP in those rare instances when he can. It's good ole capitalism at work. For those who can't afford the ADM or are philosophically opposed to paying over the sticker, just be patient. You'll eventually be able to get one at sticker.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:54 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Default Next Day Delivery or Regular Mail

You are on the money!

In simpler terms of mail, when you need to send something very important to your interest, you send it "next day delivery", at a higher cost. If the system is sophisticated enough, who knows there might even be same day delivery in the future.

If it can wait or the coin is not enough, then use "slow mail" (regular mail).

Buying something to your liking is really a "choice." What is important at the end of the day is if you were happy with the decision you made.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by fast1
I don't have a problem with ADM. MSRP is the manufacturer's suggested retail price. Just like I have no hesitation in negotiating a deal below MSRP, I have no problems with a dealer charging more than in MSRP in those rare instances when he can. It's good ole capitalism at work. For those who can't afford the ADM or are philosophically opposed to paying over the sticker, just be patient. You'll eventually be able to get one at sticker.

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM