Originally Posted by shapiroeric
I have rims!

Show me what you got!!
Old 10-27-2017 | 11:44 AM
someporschegirl
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lumber
It depends...
If you like to nap while you drive, then tts.
If, when you go to get ice cream, you order vanilla, get the tts. 😴
And yes, I've had both. And I wouldn't own a turbo again.

well...when I go to the ice-cream parlor, I like to get a double scoop of rocky road dipped in quick dry chocolate sprinkled with raw cookie dough and drizzled with chocolate sauce, cause I like it saucy
Old 10-27-2017 | 01:10 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by someporschegirl
I live in a busy and congested city so I daily a smart car :P It's more efficient for me, otherwise I will be spending a lot of time looking for the 'perfect' end spot lol
We think alike, particularly about parking. Didn't make living in SF easy. May I recommend keeping the Turbo S and getting a GT4 or a 987.2 Boxster Spyder as your weekend toy? Some like the 981 Boxster Spyder better, but there was something very special about the 987.2—and it is "more different" to your 991.2 Turbo S.

Annnnnd. Maybe. Consider replacing your Smart car with an Abarth 500 5MT. A hoot beyond belief...

I'm excited about a lot of things with the GT3 RS but I think the one thing I'm mpst excited for (if I had to choose one) is the SOUND
Never mind, then. Nothing you buy short of a CGT is gonna eclipse a GT3 RS for noises. Carry on...
Old 10-27-2017 | 02:00 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Lol, I like the way you think!

I'm excited about a lot of things with the GT3 RS but I think the one thing I'm mpst excited for (if I had to choose one) is the SOUND

Someone suggested cup 2 tires, any thoughts?

I'll also be getting rims, thinking of going either HRE or BBS FI-R

Anyone on here have rims on their car?

The RS comes with either Dunlop or MPSC2's So they would already be on the car if you got the michelins. Actually, a bit of foot in mouth here because I forgot there aren't PS4's for the RS setup with the staggered wheel sizes. The MPSC2's are some of the best overall sport road tires I've had on any car, currently have them on both the R and the Singer...and they are definitely incredible. You'll get about 3-4k miles on them which isn't insanely bad. Otherwise you could get a set of wheels and put PS4s on those. I still don't think other than a BBS motorsport mono block wheels, which you could probably do a set of 20 incher's all around, any of them really look better than stock...but if you're going to track you may as well have a separate set you can switch on for that.
Old 10-27-2017 | 02:05 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sechsgang
The RS comes with either Dunlop or MPSC2's So they would already be on the car if you got the michelins. Actually, a bit of foot in mouth here because I forgot there aren't PS4's for the RS setup with the staggered wheel sizes. The MPSC2's are some of the best overall sport road tires I've had on any car, currently have them on both the R and the Singer...and they are definitely incredible. You'll get about 3-4k miles on them which isn't insanely bad. Otherwise you could get a set of wheels and put PS4s on those. I still don't think other than a BBS motorsport mono block wheels, which you could probably do a set of 20 incher's all around, any of them really look better than stock...but if you're going to track you may as well have a separate set you can switch on for that.
Right now, Pirelli P-Zero might be the only "summer performance" (non R-compound) choice in 991.1 RS sizes. There is a snow tire, also.

Agree on comments about the MPSC2. Have set to try a better all around sport road tire, and got surprising life out of them on a GT4...about 13,000 miles. Doubt they would have lasted that long on a 911, however.
Old 10-27-2017 | 02:10 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stout
Right now, Pirelli P-Zero might be the only "summer performance" (non R-compound) choice in 991.1 RS sizes. There is a snow tire, also.

Agree on comments about the MPSC2. Have set to try a better all around sport road tire, and got surprising life out of them on a GT4...about 13,000 miles. Doubt they would have lasted that long on a 911, however.
You're right about the Pzero's and honestly they suck, so may as well just stick with the MSPC2s. They do bite the bullet fast on 911s, mainly the inner rears (nahhhh on a 911?? ha never heard that...). They actually made the single biggest difference on the Singer EVER from the PS2's that were on it. I really give Michelin major credit for that product...and I hated the first sport cup.
Old 10-27-2017 | 02:38 PM
Guest89
Drifting

I have 21k miles on a 991 GT3 with the original MPSC2 (lots of highway miles recently though).
Old 10-27-2017 | 02:59 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I'll also be getting rims, thinking of going either HRE or BBS FI-R

Anyone on here have rims on their car?
HRE has almost 100 different options available for the Porsche 911 Turbo. Their models range from the R101 Lightweights which top the BBS FI-R for being the most lightweight wheel on the market to the Monoblock P200 which focuses on supercar styling to the 3-Piece S204's for full color customization.

If you need help in choosing the right HRE for you then please do not hesitate to contact me. Here are a few customers of mine who also happen to be active Rennlist members

HRE P200

HRE R101 Lightweight

HRE S204

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 10-27-2017 | 09:07 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

As for Suntek vs Xpel - I don’t know if one is thicker - but I assume you can find out the thickness (in mils) from each manufacturer.

We’ve had great luck with Xpel on several cars and the installer is probably more important (or equally important) to the film itself. If your expert installer has a preference I would probably defer to their judgement as long as it’s an acceptable name brand, well proven film. Having an installer who knows how to work with the film an hide edges is key.

Some say Suntek is smoother in texture but I find Xpel to be very smooth and just about invisible on the car.

We had bad luck with 3M film but that was 6 years ago on a white car (the film yellowed). We didn’t know nearly as much about choosing an installer and learned from our mistakes. We had the 3M stripped off a couple years later and Xpel installed, and never looked back.

The Xpel also has self healing properties (to a certain extent).
Old 10-30-2017 | 03:49 AM
lumber
Burning Brakes

Gotta ask: 991.1 or 991.2?
Both
I can't get past the lack of quality exhaust sound. Even with an aftermarket exhaust, the car sounds terrible. I will take an r8 v10plus over a turbo s. for an all season daily, but now we're off topic...
Old 10-30-2017 | 03:50 AM
lumber
Burning Brakes

well...when I go to the ice-cream parlor, I like to get a double scoop of rocky road dipped in quick dry chocolate sprinkled with raw cookie dough and drizzled with chocolate sauce, cause I like it saucy
exactly
Old 10-30-2017 | 11:36 AM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Hey someporschegirl I will be very interested to hear your thoughts on the sound.

I was underwhelmed. It’s great on a cold start but then (to me) makes an “average” exhaust sound. We put a TPC exhaust on which woke it up a bit without being crazy loud.

The best sounding cars we’ve owned (fully stock - in order starting with best)
‘15 Panamera GTS V8
V10 LP560 Lambo
C6 Z06
AMG SL55 and S63, etc

It’s not really “fair” to compare a flat 6 with a V8 - and of course at/near red line the RS howls fantastically. But I don’t drive that way on the street. For street enjoyment the Panamera was the best sounding car (which was a big surprise to me)
Old 10-30-2017 | 02:17 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lumber
Both
I can't get past the lack of quality exhaust sound. Even with an aftermarket exhaust, the car sounds terrible. I will take an r8 v10plus over a turbo s. for an all season daily, but now we're off topic...
Got it, and respect it. There's just no arguing with the sound thing—it's too personal.
Old 10-30-2017 | 03:10 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Currently have a Macan Turbo and 991.2 turbo along with some daily cars.

The question is, would you rather have the 991.2 turbo or gt3 rs?

Both are completely different animals in their own way.

Just want something different and fun for a weekend car.

What is everyone's opinion?!
I'm especially curious to hear from gt3/gt3 rs owners.

I'm strapped for time, this decision should have been made yesterday!!

Thanks everyone!
Keep the 991.2Turbo, this way you don't have to rush.

Quick Reply: SOS I NEED YOUR EXPERTISE!