Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SOS I NEED YOUR EXPERTISE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 12:47 PM
someporschegirl
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by someporschegirl; 05-29-2021 at 09:00 PM.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:48 PM
someporschegirl
Intermediate

Old 10-26-2017, 12:49 PM
someporschegirl
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Weekend?

991GT3.2>997.2RS>991rS>991GT3
Old 10-26-2017, 12:55 PM
someporschegirl
Intermediate

[QUOTE=ipse dixit;14560221]The 991.2 Turbo S is evil good.

Old 10-26-2017, 02:00 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,012 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by someporschegirl
The Turbo S ES is on another level!!!

I'm not a fan of yellow or yellow-tone cars but that gold-tone one looks freaking sharp!
In agate grey with the carbon accents or black, honestly that would have been my choice even though the ticket is stratospheric.

The GT3RS is a great car, I'm in a larger city as well, but only have a 5-8 minute drive on city roads to get to my place. Any of my GT cars are/have been a pain in the *** for those 5-8 minutes but it's not the worst thing. My R is about perfect as it's a bit less stiff than any of my GT3/Rs' were, but your RS won't be THAT bad. You'll just hear a harsher metal to metal sound when you really thunk into a road imperfection. FWIW, I went with a 991.2 GTS RWD for my version of your car, but I do have other sports cars so different context. You'll just need to make sure you get your alignment checked more often, and honestly I'd tell you to get a set of PS4 tires for it as they are way better with pot holes *the one's you miss* and not picking up as much city debris. Also, slap a bypass pipe on there, no reason to be subtle!
Old 10-26-2017, 04:23 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,309 Likes on 609 Posts

Originally Posted by lumber
And yes, I've had both. And I wouldn't own a turbo again.
Gotta ask: 991.1 or 991.2?
Old 10-26-2017, 04:24 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,309 Likes on 609 Posts

Originally Posted by someporschegirl
Thanks lol you have it all lined up for me

I don't need a minivan/suv (no kids) I just had the macan for utility use. If anyone here is ever thinking of getting one, I had a full techart exhaust in mine along with some other mods and it was a blast. Now having all the parts taken off for sale See pics, if interested
Would your .2 Turbo S work for you as a daily?

If so, sell Macan and maybe try GT4 for weekend toy?
Old 10-27-2017, 12:32 AM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,425 Likes on 614 Posts

One other thought - we have Xpel ultimate over every square inch of the car, and Opticoat ceramic over the Xpel and on the wheels. The car is a breeze to wash.

We learned quickly that one layer of xpel isn’t enough in front of the rear tires. Those wide hips catch everything the front tires throw and in a short span of time the xpel in front of the rears looked quite pitted.

The solution was to place a second layer of xpel in that area (and then Opticoat over it). The double layer is enough paint protection in that area, and if the top layer gets too chipped looking we can have it removed and replaced without disturbing the base layer.

If your car isn’t protected it’s worth considering, and certainly putting some paint protection in front of the rear tires.

We have MPSC2’s on it (OEM delivery tires). Not sure what we’ll use when those burn up. Something less sticky would be good since it will see little if any track time.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:27 AM
Fast Doc
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you have a great garage already.

I had a 996 turbo then 997 turbo and now my daily drive is a 991 GT3 as well as track days.

You will love the more visceral nature of the GT cars apart from speed bumps etc.

Good luck with your upcoming purchase I am waiting for the 991.2 GT3RS
Old 10-27-2017, 11:11 AM
someporschegirl
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Congratulations on your UV RS! Honestly, I can't see you being disappointed at all. The torque may not be the same, but it's no slouch in that department either! The sounds and ride will make it much more visceral. Also, if you for some reason don't care for it after some time behind the wheel, you could probably sell it for nearly the same as your purchase price, if not for more. Once you get it, let us know how you like it!
Thanks! I will definitely create a post with lots of pics and will update with mods
Old 10-27-2017, 11:13 AM
someporschegirl
Intermediate

Originally Posted by stout
Would your .2 Turbo S work for you as a daily?

If so, sell Macan and maybe try GT4 for weekend toy?
I live in a busy and congested city so I daily a smart car :P It's more efficient for me, otherwise I will be spending a lot of time looking for the 'perfect' end spot lol
Old 10-27-2017, 11:14 AM
someporschegirl
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Fast Doc
I think you have a great garage already.

I had a 996 turbo then 997 turbo and now my daily drive is a 991 GT3 as well as track days.

You will love the more visceral nature of the GT cars apart from speed bumps etc.

Good luck with your upcoming purchase I am waiting for the 991.2 GT3RS
That's awesome! Must post pics when you get it! What color did you order it in?
Old 10-27-2017, 11:16 AM
someporschegirl
Intermediate

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
One other thought - we have Xpel ultimate over every square inch of the car, and Opticoat ceramic over the Xpel and on the wheels. The car is a breeze to wash.

We learned quickly that one layer of xpel isn’t enough in front of the rear tires. Those wide hips catch everything the front tires throw and in a short span of time the xpel in front of the rears looked quite pitted.

The solution was to place a second layer of xpel in that area (and then Opticoat over it). The double layer is enough paint protection in that area, and if the top layer gets too chipped looking we can have it removed and replaced without disturbing the base layer.

If your car isn’t protected it’s worth considering, and certainly putting some paint protection in front of the rear tires.

We have MPSC2’s on it (OEM delivery tires). Not sure what we’ll use when those burn up. Something less sticky would be good since it will see little if any track time.

Currently, I have the 3M self-healing PPF on all the cars. I didn't know you can have more than one layer on. Will consider Xpel for the GT3 RS bc I hear it's thicker?
Old 10-27-2017, 11:18 AM
someporschegirl
Intermediate

same question
Old 10-27-2017, 11:25 AM
someporschegirl
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sechsgang
In agate grey with the carbon accents or black, honestly that would have been my choice even though the ticket is stratospheric.

The GT3RS is a great car, I'm in a larger city as well, but only have a 5-8 minute drive on city roads to get to my place. Any of my GT cars are/have been a pain in the *** for those 5-8 minutes but it's not the worst thing. My R is about perfect as it's a bit less stiff than any of my GT3/Rs' were, but your RS won't be THAT bad. You'll just hear a harsher metal to metal sound when you really thunk into a road imperfection. FWIW, I went with a 991.2 GTS RWD for my version of your car, but I do have other sports cars so different context. You'll just need to make sure you get your alignment checked more often, and honestly I'd tell you to get a set of PS4 tires for it as they are way better with pot holes *the one's you miss* and not picking up as much city debris. Also, slap a bypass pipe on there, no reason to be subtle!
Lol, I like the way you think!

I'm excited about a lot of things with the GT3 RS but I think the one thing I'm mpst excited for (if I had to choose one) is the SOUND

Someone suggested cup 2 tires, any thoughts?

I'll also be getting rims, thinking of going either HRE or BBS FI-R

Anyone on here have rims on their car?

Quick Reply: SOS I NEED YOUR EXPERTISE!