Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 Questions before my GT3 delivery next week?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 01:24 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

The only time I have ever washed a car is before I sell it. I never let a dealer wash my cars. I don’t have that kind of time and dirt is better than scratches.

My cars live in a garage at my houses and at work so they stay pretty nice albeit a bit dusty sometimes. Nothing a quick hose off won’t fix. I never commute at rush hour or when there is a material amount of traffic so chips are rare.

I really hate the look of clear bras. I had it on my lotus (plural) because it was factory installed, but I don’t mind a chip here or there especially because they will be less noticeable on a black car as I believe the plastic bumpers are black underneath.

What I am considering now is what is the best thing to do at purchase. I typically wait a month or so and do a wax to keep stuff off (the errant bird dropping or something), but this ceramic coating has me intrigued. I am generally skeptical of anything new fangled, but for the $60 for ceramic pro (Amazon says will do two sedans) it is not much more costly than wax and seems like maybe less labor.

Is it better than wax? Is there any downside?
Old 10-16-2017, 10:07 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 734 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
The only time I have ever washed a car is before I sell it. I never let a dealer wash my cars. I don’t have that kind of time and dirt is better than scratches.

My cars live in a garage at my houses and at work so they stay pretty nice albeit a bit dusty sometimes. Nothing a quick hose off won’t fix. I never commute at rush hour or when there is a material amount of traffic so chips are rare.

I really hate the look of clear bras. I had it on my lotus (plural) because it was factory installed, but I don’t mind a chip here or there especially because they will be less noticeable on a black car as I believe the plastic bumpers are black underneath.

What I am considering now is what is the best thing to do at purchase. I typically wait a month or so and do a wax to keep stuff off (the errant bird dropping or something), but this ceramic coating has me intrigued. I am generally skeptical of anything new fangled, but for the $60 for ceramic pro (Amazon says will do two sedans) it is not much more costly than wax and seems like maybe less labor.

Is it better than wax? Is there any downside?
ceramic coatings are popping up all over the place. Do your homework on the brand you’re buying and make sure company is legit. There are many products on the market that make rediculius claims, sonuse common sense.

Key is proper prep work. Paint decontamination, clay, polish, then nano.

Quick Reply: 3 Questions before my GT3 delivery next week?