Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: GT driver hobbies when not into cars..

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 12:53 AM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

Not a true GT owner (yet) but it's in my future. Besides my track days in my GTS and the 24hrs of Lemons and Lucky Dog racing events my focus has shifted to my kids passions. They are 6, 8 and 10 and only this age once, right.

My 6 year old daughter is a killer Uno player. We average 10-15 games a night. She has a 90% win %. We also like to go out on weekend morning drives to get breakfast for the fam.

My 8 year old son is currently into soccer so I stepped up to coach his team. Very fulfilling for both of us. We have a new passion together which is the best. He also goes to Monterey car week with me each year. We already booked our rooms for rennsport. He's pumped for 2 car events.

My 10 year old is deciding between golf and basketball. He use to play in us kids golf events but lost interest. I'm a bit biased towards golf as I use to play a lot of golf and no longer do.

The wife and I do date nights every Saturday night and I try to do the gym 3 days a week. Between all this and work my plate is full of good stuff right now.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:01 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 79 Posts

Mountain bikers and GT Cars mix well. I see Aron Guinn who was downhill world champ has a GT3 for example. (never know he might be on rennlist )

I raced the mountain bike enduro series this year with 13 old. Its a format somewhere between cross country and full downhill. Found it really social and great format to do with kids and different skill levels as you ride together and given only timed on different set stages, makes for a more relaxed and interactive day.
Here is a video I made up of a recent enduro race.

Quick Reply: OT: GT driver hobbies when not into cars..