Sponsored by:

Pickup charge for euro pickup??? WTF??

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 07:50 AM
LonnieR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pickup charge for euro pickup??? WTF??

I was planning to pick up my 991.2 GT3 manual in Zuffenhausen next fall. I noticed that Porsche has imposed a pickup charge of $1510 when it had a $0 pickup charge before ( and for a long long time). 10-12 years ago they charged $2K plus a $10K bond to pick up a car but they dropped that and now it is creeping back with the GT3. Surprisingly, there is no pickup charge for the GTS or the GT2RS.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:12 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 210 Likes on 150 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...ry-2000-a.html
Old 09-19-2017, 07:23 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,594 Likes on 2,339 Posts

Originally Posted by LonnieR
I was planning to pick up my 991.2 GT3 manual in Zuffenhausen next fall. I noticed that Porsche has imposed a pickup charge of $1510 when it had a $0 pickup charge before ( and for a long long time). 10-12 years ago they charged $2K plus a $10K bond to pick up a car but they dropped that and now it is creeping back with the GT3. Surprisingly, there is no pickup charge for the GTS or the GT2RS.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:59 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
looks like a configurator error - btw they still require the GST/VAT to be in escrow while the ED car in the EU.
Yea.. a good $30k+ .. looks like
Old 09-19-2017, 09:11 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,151 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
looks like a configurator error - btw they still require the GST/VAT to be in escrow while the ED car in the EU.
from my understand that is not entirely true. It is up to the dealer how to address that issue. If the car doesn't make it back, then the dealer has to pay the VAT- hence why some dealers want it up front as precaution. The VAT money doesn't get sent to Porsche directly unless the car isn't returned. My dealer hasn't really been too worried about it. They know I'm coming back home. I have read on RL that others have only requested $10k, others have just taken a check and never cashed it. Again, dealer to dealer discretion. My guess is that for an unknown customer a dealer would want that money as precaution up front. I pick my car up in 2 weeks, no VAT deposit payed as of yet.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:29 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,594 Likes on 2,339 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
from my understand that is not entirely true. It is up to the dealer how to address that issue. If the car doesn't make it back, then the dealer has to pay the VAT- hence why some dealers want it up front as precaution. The VAT money doesn't get sent to Porsche directly unless the car isn't returned. My dealer hasn't really been too worried about it. They know I'm coming back home. I have read on RL that others have only requested $10k, others have just taken a check and never cashed it. Again, dealer to dealer discretion. My guess is that for an unknown customer a dealer would want that money as precaution up front. I pick my car up in 2 weeks, no VAT deposit payed as of yet.
good to know - although I've never met a dealer that didn't demand the full VAT/GST value up front - YMMV.
Old 09-19-2017, 11:21 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

My dealer didn't charge ED and asked for a VAT check but said he wouldn't deposit and he never did.
With the next car he never bothered to ask me for a check.

Quick Reply: Pickup charge for euro pickup??? WTF??