Sponsored by:

911R

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 07:01 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
This. Year to year every collector car ebbs and flows. It's amazing how many people are infatuated with the R market though...must be THAT interesting and controversial of a car that has a lot of you guys scanning the world market for them on a seemingly day by day basis...when people stop talking about it, then maybe collectors won't care as much for it.
...or, people are just responding to the original question in the original post of this thread
Old 09-14-2017, 07:04 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by kramdavie
Indeed - while the new GT3, especially in Touring Pkg form, closely resembles the attributes and characteristics of the R, there is a unique and exclusive aura associated with the 911 R, which cannot be replicated. This keeps the value of the R in the 400's.

If anyone is looking for one, I have an R available in black with silver stripes. Very stealth, perfect build, 19 miles. Message me for details...
Indeed. Who would have ever thought that a guy selling a car for over double its MSRP and making a commission on it would suggest it's worth it

I've got a set of Euro GT3 seats on the vehicle marketplace. For you, only $7000. They have a unique and exclusive aura to them as well - trust me

Don't you have to be a site sponsor to post ads for a dealer here?

Last edited by destaccado; 09-14-2017 at 10:28 PM.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:30 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by destaccado

Don't you have to be a site sponsor to post ads for a dealer here?
yes he does. And not a member as well.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:13 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Besides lightened components (i.e., Carbon Fiber fender and bonnet) that are not obvious, on the rear, there is a sleek horizontal air vent beneath the electronic rear spoiler on the 911R but not on the GT3 Touring car.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 09-18-2017, 04:37 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 632 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Besides lightened components (i.e., Carbon Fiber fender and bonnet) that are not obvious, on the rear, there is a sleek horizontal air vent beneath the electronic rear spoiler on the 911R but not on the GT3 Touring car.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

That vent alone is worth at least a hundred grand.

Last edited by HelpMeHelpU; 09-18-2017 at 05:51 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 09-18-2017, 04:47 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
That vent is worth at least a hundred grand alone.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:17 PM
HGM 10
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys im currently selling my 991 Gt3 RS because i want to get the manual, for crazy it sounds im bored with the pdk, this rs is my second porsche with pdk, dont get me wrong is the Best transmision out there but it lacks the enjoyment of the manual, this are the best drivers cars, and im in the hunt for the 911R, i want a keeper car and not having the trouble of buying and selling every year and sometimes taking the hit of depreciation, so, i will let you know if i pull the trigger for the R, or get the gt3 Touring or Gt3 manual, drive safe...
Old 09-18-2017, 06:05 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

The R will be more "exclusive" than the manual gt3.2/T but the latter will have the better motorsport engine. Long term, I see a $30k R premium over the gt3.2/T tops, if any.

Folks comparing the R with the 997.2rs4.0 have lost the plot. If the gt3/rs following the 4.0rs had the same engine and suspension but better, then the 4.0rs would not be selling at 2x their price. Numbered plaques don't mean a thing -- or very little, as many other Porsche numbered editions have shown. The 4.0rs would still have been valued the same (or maybe very slightly lower) for what it is (the last manual Mezger RS, ending decades of motorsport/race homologation legacy) even if its production wasn't "limited".

To return to the R vs. gt3.2/T question, it defeats all logic that any "non-collector, enthusiast driver" would pay a $250k premium for the "exclusivity" of an inferior car with a worse connection to motorsports. Of course, to each their own -- stranger things have happened.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:20 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
The R will be more "exclusive" than the manual gt3.2/T but the latter will have the better motorsport engine. Long term, I see a $30k R premium over the gt3.2/T tops, if any.

Folks comparing the R with the 997.2rs4.0 have lost the plot. If the gt3/rs following the 4.0rs had the same engine and suspension but better, then the 4.0rs would not be selling at 2x their price. Numbered plaques don't mean a thing -- or very little, as many other Porsche numbered editions have shown. The 4.0rs would still have been valued the same (or maybe very slightly lower) for what it is (the last manual Mezger RS, ending decades of motorsport/race homologation legacy) even if its production wasn't "limited".

To return to the R vs. gt3.2/T question, it defeats all logic that any "non-collector, enthusiast driver" would pay a $250k premium for the "exclusivity" of an inferior car with a worse connection to motorsports. Of course, to each their own -- stranger things have happened.
I don't know about you, but I am taking off early this afternoon to go DRIVE my 911R. It is by far the most engaging, fun car I have ever had. I have a few friends that own them as well and we all feel the same way, from the moment we first turned the key.
If you don't own one and don't want one, seems odd to keep discussing with yourself how much you won't pay for a car you don't want. Different flavors for different people, I guess. Odd to say the least...
Old 09-18-2017, 06:28 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JCBH
I don't know about you, but I am taking off early this afternoon to go DRIVE my 911R. It is by far the most engaging, fun car I have ever had. I have a few friends that own them as well and we all feel the same way, from the moment we first turned the key.
If you don't own one and don't want one, seems odd to keep discussing with yourself how much you won't pay for a car you don't want. Different flavors for different people, I guess. Odd to say the least...
Enjoy your drive! I don't see anything odd in discussing R values in a thread about R values. No one is saying that R is a bad car or that you are not enjoying driving it. Different subjects.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:35 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 744 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
To return to the R vs. gt3.2/T question......of an inferior car with a worse connection to motorsports.
Can you or someone explain this to me? I do not have these details and am curious why the R is inferior and has a worse motorsport connection to the .2GT3 touring.

Thanks.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:42 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Can you or someone explain this to me? I do not have these details and am curious why the R is inferior and has a worse motorsport connection to the .2GT3 touring.

Thanks.
The .2gt3 engine is very similar to the engine in the new Cup car -- the .1gt3/R engine was/is not, plus it has has gone through a series of reliability problems/solutions which the .2gt3 version is likely to have addressed well enough to be included in the Cup.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:46 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 744 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
The .2gt3 engine is very similar to the engine in the new Cup car -- the .1gt3/R engine was/is not, plus it has has gone through a series of reliability problems/solutions which the .2gt3 version is likely to have addressed well enough to be included in the Cup.
So the R motor is the same as the 14 and into 15 GT3 motors that had the finger follower issue? I did not know that. I thought it was a different motor. I actually thought it was closer to the .1GT3RS motor. Learn something new every day.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:52 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by goin2drt
So the R motor is the same as the 14 and into 15 GT3 motors that had the finger follower issue? I did not know that. I thought it was a different motor. I actually thought it was closer to the .1GT3RS motor. Learn something new every day.
It's the same as the .1gt3rs motor and is the last/best iteration (version) of that motor which has hopefully resolved the finger follower issue of the previous versions. The .2gt3 has a different design in that domain.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:07 PM
tims16m
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
It's the same as the .1gt3rs motor and is the last/best iteration (version) of that motor which has hopefully resolved the finger follower issue of the previous versions. The .2gt3 has a different design in that domain.
Please explain the different design which makes it better than the RS.1 engine? I know they different but how is the new engine better since Dr Walliser has said that there have been no issues with the Series G engine in the RS.

Quick Reply: 911R