Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911R

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 11:00 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 709 Likes on 389 Posts

I don't doubt any of these speculations. Having said that I have NEVER been part of a car brand or community that cares more about what the cars will do value wise sitting in a museum or a garage and not driving them.

To many amazing cars that Porsche builds just end up with no miles sitting in a beautiful garage showing them off like art instead of driving them like they are intended.

I guess I am old and cars were meant to be driven and instead of being an investment they were actually a depreciating asset that you lost your a$$ on but it was fun to drive and enjoy.

Carry on with your collector talk.....
Old 09-07-2017, 12:52 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 961 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
I don't doubt any of these speculations. Having said that I have NEVER been part of a car brand or community that cares more about what the cars will do value wise sitting in a museum or a garage and not driving them.

To many amazing cars that Porsche builds just end up with no miles sitting in a beautiful garage showing them off like art instead of driving them like they are intended.

I guess I am old and cars were meant to be driven and instead of being an investment they were actually a depreciating asset that you lost your a$$ on but it was fun to drive and enjoy.

Carry on with your collector talk.....

Just because you collect them doesnt mean they aren't driven I'm pretty sure CJ takes his out from time to time as well haha. (Full wheel and tire warranty and CPO done on the one I'm picking up, it's getting used!)
Old 09-07-2017, 01:52 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

The 911R first came out in 1967 at a cost of about US$12K back then. I have been searching for a 1967 911R and the cheapest I can find, wants US$4M.

What I do know, I am NOT selling my 911R for what its historic place in history it stood for. It took PORSCHE 50 long years for them to revive this classic and iconic model. I get it that this car is NOT for everyone. This 911R is my dream car, as it has everything I am looking and wanting for.

I would be dumb founded if PORSCHE dilutes this specific model, just to make money. In terms of coming close, the key word is close, NOT identical, they are already doing that with the 991.2 GT3 and whatever touring package PORSCHE is coming out with.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 09-07-2017, 03:59 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 961 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
The 911R first came out in 1967 at a cost of about US$12K back then. I have been searching for a 1967 911R and the cheapest I can find, wants US$4M.

What I do know, I am NOT selling my 911R for what its historic place in history it stood for. It took PORSCHE 50 long years for them to revive this classic and iconic model. I get it that this car is NOT for everyone. This 911R is my dream car, as it has everything I am looking and wanting for.

I would be dumb founded if PORSCHE dilutes this specific model, just to make money. In terms of coming close, the key word is close, NOT identical, they are already doing that with the 991.2 GT3 and whatever touring package PORSCHE is coming out with.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Agree!!!
Old 09-07-2017, 06:25 PM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Received 406 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
This is the GT3 Touring package btw. R nomenclature is finished for a while...but again, many who have already specced GT3s wont be able to change orders, and the ones who have manual orders and still the ability to change will have a crack at it...but how many actually bite? Even if its 1000 of them, 2000 cars remotely like an R in the world still put it at a pretty rare place.
Plus I think the majority of GT3 touring buyers can't afford a 911R to begin with. They are two different markets with two different sets of buyers.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:15 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 709 Likes on 389 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
Just because you collect them doesnt mean they aren't driven I'm pretty sure CJ takes his out from time to time as well haha. (Full wheel and tire warranty and CPO done on the one I'm picking up, it's getting used!)
I gottcha, some may. Good on you. Most don't when they are speculating and trying to make money on a potential future fortune.

Case in point, what a waste of a great car. This will never be driven and admired in a museum for years to come.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...e-unicorn.html
Old 09-07-2017, 08:40 PM
Outlaw
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Comparing the value of a 67 with the 17 is Dumb indeed. And the numbered car nonsense means nothing in terms of value now.

Just enjoy the car and stop espousing about its $ dollar value.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:07 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

^ Not dumb; they both have stripes. And the '17 has a plaque, so it will be more valuable than the '67.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:49 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,814 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
I gottcha, some may. Good on you. Most don't when they are speculating and trying to make money on a potential future fortune.

Case in point, what a waste of a great car. This will never be driven and admired in a museum for years to come.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...e-unicorn.html
If I had more money I'd be the idiot that would actually drive that car and even hit the track.
Old 09-08-2017, 02:06 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

For someone like you who NEVER OWNED A PORSCHE, your comments are absolute DIRT and GARBAGE to my ears. Just enjoy your cheap and base AMG GT which by now have depreciated about 50% as they are dime a dozen.

I did not buy the 911R as an investment if you care to know. I am not a "WANNABE" like you who can ONLY afford to finance "USED", and base cheap AMG GT. I buy PORSCHE because they are built to last, reliable, dependable and fast.

Go back to MBWorld and keep bragging about your "SHIP ANCHOR DEPRECIATING" GT, ROMEOE55 at AMG PL, AMG 17GT at MBWorld, and Quack Outlaw here. By the way, when will you ever race my Viper ACR-EXtreme so I can use your cheap AMG GT to wipe off the skid marks my Viper ACR-Extreme will lay on the track. You are all talk and no walk. If you read what I posted about the 1967 911R to the 2016 911R and did not get the message, it just shows your IQ is just as big as the decal of your AMG GT.

You certainly wish your base and cheap AMG GT would hold value. Sorry to burst your bubble but the reality is your base and cheap AMG GT is, after all a solid depreciating SHIP ANCHOR car.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by Outlaw
Comparing the value of a 67 with the 17 is Dumb indeed. And the numbered car nonsense means nothing in terms of value now.

Just enjoy the car and stop espousing about its $ dollar value.
Old 09-08-2017, 02:10 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Quack Outlaw IQ is as big as the decal on his base and cheap AMG GT.

He is simply envious how PORSCHE is very, very desirable. He buys USED, CHEAP, and BASE AMG, and thumps his chest like it is the worlds fastest car. Without a doubt it is the fastest DEPRECIATING sports car. He likes to bash the PORSCHE brand because he cannot afford to finance let alone buy a PORSCHE. In other words he is simply a nonsense keyboard warrior here.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
^ Not dumb; they both have stripes. And the '17 has a plaque, so it will be more valuable than the '67.
Old 09-08-2017, 02:23 AM
991gtR
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
If I had more money I'd be the idiot that would actually drive that car and even hit the track.
I'm that idiot XD
Old 09-08-2017, 02:33 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,977 Likes on 560 Posts

I tracked my R once. Pretty fun.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:26 AM
Apolo1
Pro

Received 298 Likes on 127 Posts

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
After my time on track this week in the GT3.2, I don't see the R as a comparison, other than both are available with a MT..

I Managed to get about 1.5hrs of dry laps at Silverstone this week in my GT3.2 PDK. Was quite surprised to feel just how track bias it feels even over the 991RS. Can see how the faster lap times come about.....

Suspension in track mode feels firmer, engine now pulls and revs a lot harder from lower down, feels like another 8-10% more power, lot more torque out of the lower speed corners, just sling shots out now in 2nd. In the RS had to pull 1st at some points. Don't see how its possible to get better steering feel. As good as the LT now. The PDK feels like a complete new box the way it changes up and down a lot faster. Always in the right gear and torque point.

But the best part is the sound. This has to be experienced to be believed..

The only down point, if it is one... is that well for me. You have be lot more smoother with the lines. In the RS you could get away with a lot due to its massive lateral grip.

On Track, Imv a step up over the 91RS.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:48 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Comparing the value of a 67 with the 17 is Dumb indeed.
If you're going to call a guy out for dumb comments...

And the numbered car nonsense means nothing in terms of value now.
maybe not follow it with this ^^^.

Quick Reply: 911R