First GT3.2 US DELIVERY

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 07:35 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
Bossing:

Your wheels look like satin aluminum, but according to Alex and your options they are the standard high gloss offering.
Is that correct?

They look very similar to the satin, and are definitely not the standard silver aluminum finish offered on regular Carreras (as most people have believed). They look like a unique finish.

Also, love how you went with the standard LEDs. They look crisp and clean with those wheels. I've been torn, but seeing your car made up my mind.

(BTW, they look nothing like the standard wheels in the configurator. I actually called Porsche on that, and they claim the configurator is correct.)
Correct, the standard silver wheels are high gloss silver. And yes that's why I went with the standard LED headlights to pair up nicely.

Earlier this year I had multiple builds and one of my GBM specs was with satin black wheels, black LEDs, black door handles, and carbon fiber mirror caps. But every time I did visualization on the configurator or saw online pics of other 991.2 units with similar themes, it muted the GBM color even more... that theme still looks fine to me but this theme I commited to kept reminding me of the classic 911 styling of the past, which I like.

The GT3 version is already aggressive enough so instead I decided on a more traditional yet still sporty theme. The pictures don't do this color enough justice, seeing it in person just makes you gawk in awe.

My personal recommendation regardless of the exterior color that you pick is to choose aesthetic options wisely so you don't end up with a theme that's too tacky or overdone. Like the saying goes- sometimes less is more.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:57 AM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Bossing
Earlier this year I had multiple builds and one of my GBM specs was with satin black wheels, black LEDs, black door handles, and carbon fiber mirror caps.
That's my spec exactly. My car should be at the dealer around November 10th, so I'll get some good pictures for a comparison. GBM works well with both.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:15 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 79 Posts

Bossing, kudus for the build, it would have been easy to go with the black wheels but you have nailed it with the silver and yellow belt. Not an obvious combination but looks great!!

Originally Posted by Bossing
Thanks all. This car is amazing! You guys will love it.... in any color!

Old 10-19-2017, 11:22 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Here's another perspective... under less bright light (or overcast) the GBM exhibits a darker tone. I'm pleased with its chameleon-like properties. The standard gloss silver wheels also looks great on muted colors, IMO.

And I think the tiny metallics in the paint helps it shine or pop under bright lighting. I am a huge grayish/blueish color fan so obviously I'm satisfied in my specs without shelling out 13k for a PTS... although I probably would have if was granted an opportunity.

Raw pic; no post-processing:

It's currently back at the dealer getting the clear lenses installed as well as legal window tinting and a full front PPF.

Not only does the new .2 3 looks stunning, but it's really a beast underneath with that new gnarly 4.0 powerplant.

You guys with one forthcoming will absolutely love this car... whether manual or PDK, it's a stylish looker and a topnotch performer.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:29 AM
JRidge
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by manitou202
That's my spec exactly. My car should be at the dealer around November 10th, so I'll get some good pictures for a comparison. GBM works well with both.
My GBM is due 11/17, and I went with the platinum satin wheels and PDLS so it will be fun to see side by side pics with the black, platinum and silver wheels. I'm surprised how much I like the silver, but I'm betting all three look great.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:36 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,458 Likes on 761 Posts

Originally Posted by JRidge
My GBM is due 11/17, and I went with the platinum satin wheels and PDLS so it will be fun to see side by side pics with the black, platinum and silver wheels. I'm surprised how much I like the silver, but I'm betting all three look great.
Satin Aluminum/Silver wheels were a must for me. The Old school look is now back. I am sick of black wheels after having them on my last 2 GT cars
Old 10-19-2017, 03:17 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 594 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Satin Aluminum/Silver wheels were a must for me. The Old school look is now back. I am sick of black wheels after having them on my last 2 GT cars
likewise. i have blacks CL on my GTS--nice to go back to silver
Old 10-19-2017, 10:29 PM
bigskyGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

GBM was never really on my radar, but I have to say that combo (GBM, PCCB, yellow belts, silver wheels) looks great!
Old 10-20-2017, 12:15 AM
Joemat
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Black Satin wheels with PCCB's were a nightmare on my GT4. Stones that jumped behind the Calipers would score the front wheels and was so visible with Black. May still happen on my .2 GT3 satin wheels but will be far less visible.
Old 12-05-2017, 11:09 AM
Ernesto Schmitt
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

deleted

Quick Reply: First GT3.2 US DELIVERY