Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: anyone here with a Speciale?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 08:21 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Default OT: anyone here with a Speciale?

Looking to buy one, but don't know much about them and what should have been ordered as options and would love to discuss.

thanks!
Old 08-31-2017, 07:26 AM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Ferrarichat will have loads of info. Good luck with your search. I was going to move both of my cars for one but I wasn't crazy about the color combos for sale and for roughly $400K I didn't want to sell the for something that I didn't love. If I was to ever buy another Ferrari that would be the one.....
Old 08-31-2017, 07:57 AM
italiafan
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 20 Posts

Yep...I have one, an amazing car!
Highly recommend...likely will remain an all-time great and also maintain decent value.
Ferrarichat is your best resource.
Old 08-31-2017, 11:06 AM
hsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Probably my favorite Ferrari of all time. Good luck with your search. I was recently looking at a few listed on dupont registry.
Old 08-31-2017, 11:20 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by nxfedlt1
Looking to buy one, but don't know much about them and what should have been ordered as options and would love to discuss.

thanks!
Recently bought one - red with Nart stripe will always be the crowd favorite. There are a few out there that copy the Aperta where customers bought a matching set now at a couple dealers if you like that look Cauley and Dallas.

They sell between 350 - 400k the huge spec like mine was in the 4's bought it below msrp. PM me can point you to a few non F dealers that are receiving them from F dealers who prefer only one on the floor.

Also suggest contacting dealers who will move them quietly sitting in owners garages. One of the best cars I have driven under spirited driving or daily no track days yet but looking forward to it - had the 16M on many the extra hp downforce and rigidity should be perfection.

Last edited by nuvolari612; 08-31-2017 at 11:39 AM.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:09 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,374 Likes on 635 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
Recently bought one - red with Nart stripe will always be the crowd favorite. There are a few out there that copy the Aperta where customers bought a matching set now at a couple dealers if you like that look Cauley and Dallas.

They sell between 350 - 400k the huge spec like mine was in the 4's bought it below msrp. PM me can point you to a few non F dealers that are receiving them from F dealers who prefer only one on the floor.

Also suggest contacting dealers who will move them quietly sitting in owners garages. One of the best cars I have driven under spirited driving or daily no track days yet but looking forward to it - had the 16M on many the extra hp downforce and rigidity should be perfection.
The 458 sp is so much better than a 430 scud/ 16M. Gearbox especially.

I like them, have owned one and sold a few through my stores. Biggest issue you will find is getting one in color combo you like.
Old 08-31-2017, 02:46 PM
italiafan
Instructor

I have a 16M and a Speciale...wouldn't say one is much better than the other...very different. 16M is raw and loud...the Speciale is a surgical weapon.
Can't wait to see how the GT3 stacks up!
Old 08-31-2017, 04:49 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,080 Likes on 2,331 Posts

I'll definitely ping you when it comes time to scratch that itch.
Old 08-31-2017, 05:05 PM
2006m5
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

I bet there will be a few salvaged from water damage from Houston.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:13 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by italiafan
I have a 16M and a Speciale...wouldn't say one is much better than the other...very different. 16M is raw and loud...the Speciale is a surgical weapon.
Can't wait to see how the GT3 stacks up!
Any pictures.

Added full Capristo to the 16M another level of sound and performance. For the first time I don't feel a better exhaust is needed on a Ferrari 458S sounds good titanium exhaust which may help not sure if it's just cosmetic tips or full upgrade.

My RS is right there performance even more comfortable with the 18w it does need an exhaust / hp upgrade.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:15 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

PM sent.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:15 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
The 458 sp is so much better than a 430 scud/ 16M. Gearbox especially.

I like them, have owned one and sold a few through my stores. Biggest issue you will find is getting one in color combo you like.
Took me awhile - prefer dry carbon and cf skirts finally found it. Will look for the same in a 675LTS when / if the RS leaves let me know if one comes your way.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:48 PM
italiafan
Instructor

Pix
Attached Images   
Old 08-31-2017, 10:00 PM
Carlos993
Rennlist Member

Received 403 Likes on 104 Posts

Go for it. The Speciale is a home run car, equivalent in my mind, but very different from, the 997 RS 4.0.

To your question about options, Ferrari even more so than Porsche has mastered the game of "options", and squeezing every last customer dollar out of that game, but thankfully the Speciale came fully loaded with most of what is necessary for "joy of driving" considerations. With one exception, most option considerations are a matter of aesthetic preference.

That one exception is the seat choice - you have a myriad of possibilities, revolving around seat type, seat material, and seat size. The seat choice directly affects the driving experience, in my opinion. The Ferrari configurator is your friend here wrt examining the possibilities.

I specced my car with the full leather racing buckets - perhaps not a regular choice, but I am very happy with the seats. Think Porsche CGT seats, but even more beautiful.

Have fun with the hunt.
Attached Images  
Old 08-31-2017, 11:32 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by italiafan
Pix
Great pair - 16M is one of those that has a truly deep meaning. We have an owners group all shared great stories modifications truly one of those cars that was born a classic. The luggage scale model poster with the 16 wins and scale models - slightly obsessed
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: OT: anyone here with a Speciale?