Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which seats are/will be in your 991.2 GT3??
4-ways
10.67%
18-ways
14.61%
Lightweight Full Buckets
66.29%
Folding Sport buckets
7.30%
4-ways, but only to replace with aftermarket
1.12%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Who's getting what seats?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 12:40 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Bump
Old 08-22-2017, 01:43 PM
JRidge
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I changed my spec from 18-ways to LWBs. My wife insisted that she's not in the car enough for me to consider her comfort. I got the 18-ways in my GT4 thinking it would see a lot more daily use and trips but more often than not it gets left behind because I need to carry either more people or more stuff than it can handle. So it's sort of become, mostly anyway, a track and weekend car. Then when I first ordered to GT3.2 I thought maybe this car will get more broad usage, so I originally spec'd the 18-ways again, but the reality is, I'm going to take it to the track, and I'm going to take it out for Sunday drives. Mostly by myself. So LWBs it is. I'm finally going to submit my vote in my own poll. If I can refrain from flip-flopping again, my build will freeze in six days and I can quit sweating the small stuff!
Old 08-22-2017, 04:36 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Einmalig
I had the 18 ways on my last GT3, but see no advantage to them after sitting in the latest 4 ways. Factoring in both the reduced weight and the cost savings, I'm convinced that the 4 ways are the better choice in a GT3. The LWBs are pure carbon fiber eye candy and the best choice for a collector, but the compromise in real world comfort is hard to justifiy in a dedicated road car. I've spoken with enough GT3 and 918 owners who have commented that the seats are tough to live with on longer drives. I ordered my GT3 with a 6 Speed because I enjoy the experience of shifting a manual and the last thing I want is an stiff, non-articulated, quasi-racing seat with no rake adjustment to **** me off every time I climb in and out of the car. That said, I'm glad they added the rediculous boy racer stripes for 2018, otherwise I might still be tempted to change my spec before it locks.
Ditto!!!! I have the 18 way seats in my TTS, the 14 ways in my Panamera S, the LWB in my GT3RS, and the 4 Ways in my GT3. I find the 4 Way standard GT3 seats are the most comfortable for long distance touring and also adequate for track use. My wife hated the LWB's for 2 reasons: getting in and out and the difficulty of accessing the area behind the seats for luggage and groceries. I've specced a GT3-2 with
the 4 Ways. She also finds them the most comfortable.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:19 AM
RobbieRob
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 53 Posts

I've recently changed my order from the LWBS to the 4-ways. I will track the car 3 or 4 times a year, so no need for the lwbs but I will drive the car mostly back roads on spirited drives and also longer trips where the 4-ways will be more comfortable. The 4-ways when adjusted all the way down sit just as low as the lwbs but the 18 ways don't sit as low, or at least low enough for me.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:20 PM
RobbieRob
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 53 Posts

Anyone know if the 4-ways can be ordered with deviated stitching or not? Configurator refers back to the 18 ways or lwbs if you want deviated.
Old 08-25-2017, 12:54 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by RobbieRob
Anyone know if the 4-ways can be ordered with deviated stitching or not? Configurator refers back to the 18 ways or lwbs if you want deviated.
Configurator does not let you do four ways with deviated which means probably not. Every time I have asked about something like that, the configurator always is right.

For example, I wanted to order deviated stitching (in black), but not leather (I dislike alcantara and I don't want the lower dash and door panel coves in alcantara). No can do just as the configurator shows even though it is less stitching for the same money.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:48 PM
karter34
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had a real issue with this option, I locked in 18ways initially as I thought I wanted comfort and adjustment then I sat in a 911r and the LWB seat were very good.
i came to the conclusion that this car is a weekend car at best and I should make it a car in which I am fully emersed in.
so not quite as easy to get in, not as comfortable in long drives however the personality of the car will be pure GT3...
i like the stripe will match wheels dash seat belts and stitching .

Quick Reply: Who's getting what seats?