Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chris Harris: Merc-AMG GT R vs 911 GT3 RS vs BMW M4 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 11:42 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I have been an AMG owner since Mercedes Benz took controlling interest back in 1999. AMG the original ones that are built "One Man, One Engine" are truly amazing road cars that "can" be tracked. However if you compare this AMG GT-R versus the 991.1 GT3RS (the car that everyone wants to beat), well AMG has to do better and maybe, just maybe the "Black Series" can beat the 991.1 GT3RS. But by then the long awaited and most powerful 911 will be out to suppress the AMG "Black Series", which is the GT2RS.

Chris Harris summarizes his analysis on the video:
1.) GT3RS - "The Best Car of Its Time."
2.) Merc AMG GT-R - "Well Done" Not good enough for me.
3.) BMW M4 - "Must Try Harder."

PORSCHE GT3RS - Simply exciting and magnificent. A Naturally Aspirated Flat-6 versus a V-8 Twin Turbo. That says enough how great PORSCHE is. "Still a Daddy."

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 08-06-2017, 12:09 PM
longboarder
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
That 356 vid is awesome. Why can't he just drive like that when he's reviewing a car, rather than playing Formula Drift all the time. Do any of you guys drift your cars around on public roads or on the track?
Here (SoCal) you get black flagged pretty quick for it. On the street? I guess if you live somewhere like Finland it's mandatory as part of your driving test.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:37 PM
Hams955
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't find drifting particularly enjoyable. However, I do practice it frequently at my home track. Drifting a car is a good exercise in car control. Being comfortable with a car in a slide is particularly helpful in driving a car to its absolute edge so that you don't panic at speed when the car does slip around.

I would never do it on a public road but on track I find it to be a good training aid to becoming a better driver.

- Chris.
Old 08-06-2017, 02:37 PM
Outlaw
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

[QUOTE=GT3RS-Fan1;14377651][COLOR="Blue"]I have been an AMG owner since Mercedes Benz took controlling interest back in 1999. AMG the original ones that are built "One Man, One Engine" are truly amazing road cars that "can" be tracked. However if you compare this AMG GT-R versus the 991.1 GT3RS (the car that everyone wants to beat), well AMG has to do better and maybe, just maybe the "Black Series" can beat the 991.1 GT3RS. But by then the long awaited and most powerful 911 will be out to suppress the AMG "Black Series", which is the GT2RS.

PORSCHE GT3RS - Simply exciting and magnificent. A Naturally Aspirated Flat-6 versus a V-8 Twin Turbo. That says enough how great PORSCHE is. "Still a Daddy."

Not sure what numbers you are looking at. AMG GTR clearly was under estimated and beating 918 times was unthinkable.

No disrespect but C class cars with a 63 engine are great drivers, but there are not a real AMG. Just as garden variety 911s are not GT3s.

IMO only 2 cars that are built exclusively by AMG and that's the SLS and the GT.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:16 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Can you post that video or link where AMG GT-R beat the 918 Spyder? Potentially some cars will do better on modified cars and tires. 918 Spyder posted 6:57 on a production car with stock tires. Here let me educate you better with Nurburgring lap times as you are a great believer of your Anchor Ship depreciating AMG GT.

LINK:
https://nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times-top-100/

I am glad you are still happy with your Ship Anchor depreciating AMG GT. How much does it cost used now, about US$80K

By the way, when will you ever race my Viper ACR-Extreme that you called, "It is a Dodge." You don't even own one of the greatest cars made, PORSCHE.

Would love to see the new GT2RS Nurburgring lap times against the competition.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

[QUOTE=Outlaw;14377957]
Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
[COLOR="Blue"]I have been an AMG owner since Mercedes Benz took controlling interest back in 1999. AMG the original ones that are built "One Man, One Engine" are truly amazing road cars that "can" be tracked. However if you compare this AMG GT-R versus the 991.1 GT3RS (the car that everyone wants to beat), well AMG has to do better and maybe, just maybe the "Black Series" can beat the 991.1 GT3RS. But by then the long awaited and most powerful 911 will be out to suppress the AMG "Black Series", which is the GT2RS.

Not sure what numbers you are looking at. AMG GTR clearly was under estimated and beating 918 times was unthinkable.

No disrespect but C class cars with a 63 engine are great drivers, but there are not a real AMG. Just as garden variety 911s are not GT3s.

IMO only 2 cars that are built exclusively by AMG and that's the SLS and the GT.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:24 PM
Outlaw
Pro

Why always with the ad hominem attacks??

I referenced the source in the post by a reputable source. Read it.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:31 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Where is the reference you are referring to? Here is a more reliable source as opposed to some hearsay material about your unsubstantiated reference that AMG GT-R beat the 918 Spyder lap time. Let me educate you again.

LINK:
https://nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times-top-100/

Please STOP Trolling here.You do NOT contribute anything useful for PORSCHE here. Just enjoy your Anchor Ship Depreciating AMG GT at MBWorld and AMG PL.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

[QUOTE=Outlaw;14377957]
[COLOR="Blue"]I have been an AMG owner since Mercedes Benz took controlling interest back in 1999. AMG the original ones that are built "One Man, One Engine" are truly amazing road cars that "can" be tracked. However if you compare this AMG GT-R versus the 991.1 GT3RS (the car that everyone wants to beat), well AMG has to do better and maybe, just maybe the "Black Series" can beat the 991.1 GT3RS. But by then the long awaited and most powerful 911 will be out to suppress the AMG "Black Series", which is the GT2RS.

Originally Posted by Outlaw
Why always with the ad hominem attacks??

I referenced the source in the post by a reputable source. Read it.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:53 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Here is what is posted at Nurburgringlaptimes.com

The AMG GT-R couldn't even beat the Viper ACR-Extreme, let alone the 918 Spyder. Read but more importantly, understand the Facts.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 08-06-2017, 05:13 PM
thebishman
Burning Brakes

Received 402 Likes on 237 Posts

^ You do realize that the ACR-E has more hp and a ton more aero than the AMG GT R, yes? I'm sure it weighs less also. So if it wasn't faster than the GT R we'd all be extremely surprised, and the 918 costs how much more than a GT R?

The ACR-E no doubt has a sub 7 minute time in it under optimal conditions.

It's obvious that you hate AMG's, (or perhaps all MB vehicles), but try and maintain at least a little objectivity.
Old 08-06-2017, 09:20 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 813 Likes on 427 Posts

So much of it is tires. I'm sure if you put the new N2 MPCS on an RS and ran it in optimal conditions unlike its last run it would match or better the .2GT3 time and certainly the ACR SRT10 time.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:14 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

I fully agree with you Waxer. The tires among few significant other factors plays a big role when it comes to lap run time.

Can't wait for the eventual release of the new and improved 991.2 GT3RS.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by Waxer
So much of it is tires. I'm sure if you put the new N2 MPCS on an RS and ran it in optimal conditions unlike its last run it would match or better the .2GT3 time and certainly the ACR SRT10 time.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:49 PM
Outlaw
Pro

I fully agree with you Waxer. The tires among few significant other factors plays a big role when it comes to lap run time.

Can't wait for the eventual release of the new and improved 991.2 GT3RS.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
What are you saying exactly? Tires ??

That the modded viper is faster or that a P car that doesn't exist will be faster than GTR.

What's with the creepy blue ink ??

Anyway, brands that break new barriers make other cars better and that is good for us all.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:54 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,529 Likes on 5,056 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Do any of you guys drift your cars around on public roads or on the track?
Only at the track. And I would do it more often if I didn't have to pay for those expensive Pilot Cup 2 tires.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:30 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Please STOP Trolling here as you do NOT OWN a PORSCHE and have no desire to own one, plus you do NOT contribute anything good nor useful here. TROLLS like you have to be ignored as you post unsubstantiated claims that you like to "Fabricate" and like to dream about. I ask again where is the reference that you fabricate about AMG GT-R beating the lap time of the 918 Spyder.

I know you will NEVER race your Ship Anchor depreciating base AMG GT with my Viper ACR-Extreme neither with a member here who owns a TURBO S who have challenged you too, and so many others who has shown a strong dislike on you at MBWorld. If you ever dare to race us for fun, proceeds will be given to my favorite charity. We will use your highly esteemed base AMG GT to mop and wipe off the skid marks my Viper ACR-Extreme or my buddy's TURBO S we will put on the track.

Obviously you know nothing about cars. Let me educate you some more. The Viper ACR-Extreme is a race ready, street legal car, similar to the GT3 or GT3RS. It is not a factory racer like the PORSCHE RSR, Cup Car, Clubsport or Ferrari Challenge car, strictly for track use.

AMG is a different animal. It is luxury car on steroids that you "can" track. Whereas the GT cars of PORSCHE is "made" for the track and still street usable. Hoping I have educated you enough to know the big difference like comparing apples to oranges.

When you are able to buy and own a PORSCHE, then maybe I will give you some credibility by then. For now, you are simply a very opinionated AMG GT owner. You certainly do NOT qualify to be an AMG ambassador to the brand.

Let me educate you further with your statement "I want to drive dangerously", is obviously very bad as this is a public forum and you serve a very bad example and influence to young drivers in this forum. Just signs of a rare and ignorant AMG GT owner.

Now please go back to MBWorld, boast, fantasize, and enjoy your Ship Anchor like, highly depreciating base AMG GT there.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by Outlaw
What are you saying exactly? Tires ??

That the modded viper is faster or that a P car that doesn't exist will be faster than GTR?

What's with the creepy blue ink ??

Anyway, brands that break new barriers make other cars better and that is good for us all.

I want to drive dangerously and your signature sucks. BTW.

Last edited by GT3RS-Fan1; 08-07-2017 at 12:46 AM.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:33 AM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

So much for civility

Quick Reply: Chris Harris: Merc-AMG GT R vs 911 GT3 RS vs BMW M4 GTS