Sponsored by:

? About hpr open lapping days

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 07:42 PM
Jasonanv
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
I'd rather not deal with the diminished light of an evening session. Friday early morning is the least crowded in my experience. I've been there with fewer than 10 cars (a couple times far fewer) and over 100 (usually day before PCA weekend with Club Race).

Calendar is here:
http://highplainsraceway.com/event-calendar/
When there's that low of a turn out, do they even have run groups?
Old 08-03-2017, 08:09 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,941 Likes on 2,799 Posts

Originally Posted by Jasonanv
When there's that low of a turn out, do they even have run groups?
No, when there is a small turnout, it's purely open track without run groups (can drive until you run out of fuel, Rinse & Repeat)
Old 08-04-2017, 03:24 AM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Agree with Grant. Friday AM only session is not only a great time, but best value. I would recommend lead/follow with knowing you already understand basic track safety from PCA events. Having someone that runs out there regularly helps, and can talk you through the various corners and their characteristics. Chat it up with other drivers that you meet as there are generally good people that run there. The "others" stand out, and you just need to avoid them. Think softly sprung EVO and STI guys running big boost that want to race down the straights......dangerous guys at times. Watch a bunch of videos from guys in cars like yours. A good bench mark for your GT4 would be learning from Eric's videos. Check out "ecanderson18" on youtube and you will watch some dang good driving at HPR with the GT4.

Quick Reply: ? About hpr open lapping days