Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2020, 11:10 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 174 Posts

@jbs8917 I snagged a couple of pics off your instagram. Nice photos! So I'll add you to the list, with the low winged numbers of this color, likely not duplicated. Thanks!

Old 10-12-2020, 01:31 AM
OTM
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
@OTM Thanks for the photos. I put you on the list. Are you the original owner? Any chance you could share the last 4 digits of your VIN so I don't duplicate entries? Thanks!

I am not original owner but it was delivered in Florida. Last 4 digits are 6362. Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
montoya (10-14-2020)
Old 10-12-2020, 11:14 AM
RossP
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 161 Posts

I have a 2018 PTS (Fashion Grey) 991.2 GT3. Bought CPO from Porsche Southpoint in NC. I think it was originally delivered in Texas, but not sure. Based on the spreadsheet its not listed yet. Last 4 of the VIN: 5690

montoya (10-14-2020)
Old 10-14-2020, 11:33 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by OTM
I am not original owner but it was delivered in Florida. Last 4 digits are 6362. Thanks.
​​​​​​​Thank-you!

Very low numbers- since I have only one winged version on my list I would estimate there are around 3 winged models in Irish Green for the 991.2 GT3

Just to set the record straight, I was incorrect on the post above. Cleaning up the list shows now 5 winged GT3's in Irish Green for an estimated 10-12 winged total in North America. Plus of course the Touring versions. Sorry for the error.

Last edited by montoya; 10-14-2020 at 11:41 AM.
Old 10-14-2020, 11:37 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RossP
I have a 2018 PTS (Fashion Grey) 991.2 GT3. Bought CPO from Porsche Southpoint in NC. I think it was originally delivered in Texas, but not sure. Based on the spreadsheet its not listed yet. Last 4 of the VIN: 5690

@RossP Thanks, for the information- just to help me distinguish it, how did you determine it is isn't on the list? Options or...
Old 10-14-2020, 07:32 PM
RossP
Rennlist Member

@RossP Thanks, for the information- just to help me distinguish it, how did you determine it is isn't on the list? Options or...
@montoya Yeah looking at the list, of the 4 Fashion Grey cars delivered, two have the VINs listed (neither match mine) one has slightly different options, and the other one (seatactony) appears to be incorrectly labeled as Fashion Grey instead of Sport Classic Grey.

Last edited by RossP; 10-14-2020 at 11:03 PM.
Old 10-14-2020, 11:36 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RossP
@montoya Yeah looking at the list, of the 4 Fashion Grey cars delivered, two have the VINs listed (neither match mine) one has slightly different options, and the other one (seatactony) appears to be incorrectly labeled as Fashion Grey instead of Sport Classic Grey.
Thanks again for the info! (And the correction LOL!)
Old 10-15-2020, 10:16 AM
RossP
Rennlist Member

Thanks again for the info! (And the correction LOL!)
No problem. Mine is a Manual as well.
montoya (10-15-2020)
Old 10-16-2020, 11:38 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Default One of one

I was contacted recently by a fellow Reenlister, @F77 , who agreed to let me share his story which I will share here:

Hi Andre
I’m a little slow in getting around to sending you the details of my Winged PTS 2018 GT3. I’ve had it since June-2019, and bought it with 1500 miles on it. It took me 2 months to track down exactly what I had, got help among others, fellow RL member (evilfij). Many other folks, including the selling Dealership ... and especially PCA were far less helpful but ironically it was the PCA’s very own story in Magazine and video that got me to my answer. You’re probably saying to yourself, “what the hell color is his car”, it’s WHITE, Grand Prix White to be exact. From the beginning I couldn’t understand why anyone would pay $13K for a White PTS GT3. On top of that the window sticker of $194K I thought was very high as well. Then on top of that the original owner added a list of “custom” aftermarket touches.

I was able to track down through the PCA video: “The Super-Secret White Porsche Collection”, Carl Bauer the Curator of the collection. It was in the video that I ran in slow motion that I was able to see my one-of-one Paint Code specific to this collection, 9A5. Of course you’ll not find a “modern day” Grand Prix White Porsche outside this Collection. That code was featured on a placard in front of an empty car position as the 2019 GTRS had not yet arrived to the collection. And so there it is, turns out my car was a allocation for The White Collection, but in fact was passed on and left for the dealership to sell to public.

Finally, hope you haven’t fallen asleep yet as you’re only the third person I’ve explained all of this to. One of the more confusing aspects from very beginning was that both Build Sheet and Window Sticker lists “Exterior in Custom Color, Metallic”. And listed as code 99 on Build Sheet. Well we all know Grand Prix White is NOT Metallic, but it was evilfij who among others explained that that mistake has happen before.

I apologize for taking up your time with this lengthy dissertation. It was an exciting time for me frankly those two months playing detective trying to get at the origins of my car, a basic white car at that. Nothing exciting like your pastel orange which I love and the many greens and blues that I love. In the end though it kind of is a neat story that I think only Porsche folks can appreciate. I finally was able to get PCA/Rennbow.org to update their paint codes to include this unique paint code. Thanks'"

Here are the pictures he shared with me- such an awesome car and story! What's cool about it is that as these special cars age, the history of the owners becomes intertwined in the history of the cars adding to the value of ownership. Pretty cool!

Last edited by montoya; 01-07-2021 at 11:57 PM.
Old 10-16-2020, 12:04 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 963 Likes on 483 Posts

I was contacted recently by a fellow Reenlister, @F77 , who agreed to let me share his story which I will share here:

Hi Andre
I’m a little slow in getting around to sending you the details of my Winged PTS 2018 GT3. I’ve had it since June-2019, and bought it with 1500 miles on it. It took me 2 months to track down exactly what I had, got help among others, fellow RL member (evilfij). Many other folks, including the selling Dealership and especially PCA were far less helpful but ironically it was the PCA’s very own story in Magazine and video that got me to my answer. You’re probably saying to yourself, “what the hell color is his car”, it’s WHITE, Grand Prix White to be exact. From the beginning I couldn’t understand why anyone would pay $13K for a White PTS GT3. On top of that the window sticker of $194K I thought was very high as well. Then on top of that the original owner added a list of “custom” aftermarket touches.

I was able to track down through the PCA video: “The Super-Secret White Porsche Collection”, Carl Bauer the Curator of the collection. It was in the video that I ran in slow motion that I was able to see my one-of-one Paint Code specific to this collection, 9A5. Of course you’ll not find a “modern day” Grand Prix White Porsche outside this Collection. That code was featured on a placard in front of an empty car position as the 2019 GTRS had not yet arrived to the collection. And so there it is, turns out my car was a allocation for The White Collection, but in fact was passed on and left for dealership to sell to public.

Finally, hope you haven’t fallen asleep yet as you’re only the third person I’ve explained all of this to. One of the more confusing aspects from very beginning was that both Build Sheet and Window Sticker lists “Exterior in Custom Color, Metallic”. And listed as code 99 on Build Sheet. Well we all know Grand Prix White is NOT Metallic, but it was evilfij who among others explained that that mistake has happen before.

I apologize for taking up your time with this lengthy dissertation. It was an exciting time for me frankly those two months playing detective trying to get at the origins of my car, a basic white car at that. Nothing exciting like your pastel orange which I love and the many greens and blues that I love. In the end though it kind of is a neat story that I think only Porsche folks can appreciate. I finally was able to get PCA/Rennbow.org to update their paint codes to include this unique paint code. Thanks'"

Here are the pictures he shared with me- such an awesome car and story! What's cool about it is that as these special cars age, the history of the owners becomes intertwined in the history of the cars adding to the value of ownership. Pretty cool!

I had the pleasure of meeting @F77 in person when he brought in this unbelievable GT3 for the HRE S104 performance wheels and Akrapovic Titanium exhaust. It was amazing learning about the storied history of the car. Such an amazing car and even more amazing person to chat with. We also did a quick video feature of it for our YouTube channel -

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...

Last edited by WheelsB; 01-07-2021 at 07:24 PM.
montoya (10-16-2020)
Old 02-24-2021, 05:28 PM
luuping
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by RS911

As some know, there are two British Racing greens. This one is the darker one.
I always thought (as some might) that this was Brewster Green (22D).
Does anyone know the exact color name of this shade? Is it Verde British Racing Green 611?

Thank you!
Old 02-24-2021, 07:59 PM
RS911
Racer

Received 113 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by luuping
I always thought (as some might) that this was Brewster Green (22D).
Does anyone know the exact color name of this shade? Is it Verde British Racing Green 611?

Thank you!
Yes it is.

Old 02-25-2021, 02:53 AM
luuping
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by RS911
Yes it is.
Thanks a lot.
Do you have more pictures by any chance? Maybe on instagram or in this forum? Would appreciate it a lot.
Old 05-16-2021, 02:39 PM
NCPM
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello Andre,

Pics and other details below as requested per our email exchanges.

Car purchased in September 2020 with 1536 miles on it. Color is "Green", (formerly called RS Green).

Non-factory options provided by the previous owner are as follows:
  • Gloss carbon-fiber rear wing end caps.
  • Gloss carbon-fiber rear air inlets.
  • Gloss carbon-fiber mirror covers, (upper).
  • Gloss carbon-fiber window triangles (wind deflection)
  • Full PPF
  • Akrapovic Slip-On Race Line (Titanium) center muffler delete with Titanium tips.

montoya (05-21-2021)
Old 05-16-2021, 02:53 PM
drl
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 65 Posts

Just like mine, not too many in that color.
The following 2 users liked this post by drl:
montoya (05-21-2021), NCPM (05-16-2021)

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order