Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what r u using for a dash cam? waylens?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 09:46 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Default what r u using for a dash cam? waylens?

saw the ad for this, anyone get one, Id like a reliable dash cam that loops footage and is resistant to heat
Old 07-23-2017, 12:42 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,027 Likes on 5,240 Posts

BlackVue DR650S

Never used one, and probably never will, but my friend swears by his.
Old 07-23-2017, 02:46 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

I feel I need one for legal protection after seeing all the criminals out there, but none seem to be made by a reputable company
Old 07-23-2017, 07:50 AM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 184 Posts

The GoPro has loop mode.
Old 07-23-2017, 01:28 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 94 Posts

I have blackvue in all my cars. It's good insurance for a he-said/she-said type accident. Got sideswiped in my old CTS-V when a lady switched lanes quickly when her lane stopped with traffic. Luckily, she admitted fault in front of the officer which he included in his incident report. Next morning, she told her insurance I hit her. I was pissed. I got her insurance to pay after I sent them the incident report and audio I recorded on my iPhone of her admitting fault.

i got cameras for all my cars after that. If I'm at fault in a future accident, 'll just pop out the micro sd card and swallow it. no need to self-incriminate.
Old 07-23-2017, 01:45 PM
loopsandsounds
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
BlackVue DR650S
^THIS
Old 07-23-2017, 02:35 PM
Marcus S.
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Roadhawk HD 2 - works great and you can also use it on the track.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:00 PM
aryork
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Quikag
... It's good insurance for a he-said/she-said type accident. i got cameras for all my cars after that...
Agree 100%, everyone should have one. I have two older HP f210s, facing front and back. The key is getting one that overlays speed. Just got my oldest son a Garmin for x-mas last year. He is using it now, but we have not pulled any video off yet - need to do that, but I like the form factor of that camera (got on amazon).

I have one speeding ticket on my record and have been religious in following speed limits, stop signs, lights, etc. to ensure I do not get another which will cause my insurance to nearly double for 3 years (that's $18k over 3 years!).

I had a forward facing dashcam running and got pulled over for failing to "move over" for a trooper who had someone pulled over. Luckily my dashcam, and only the dashcam, got me out of it. Judges will believe the LEO every time vs. regular people in a he-said-she-said scenario, so I would have been screwed if not for the video evidence. An 18-wheeler had just passed me, so I could not change lanes, but the video showed me slowing down and pulling to the left side of the right lane. Nothing else within reason could have been asked for in my situation...

My theory was that the trooper who pulled me was not actually that close to me, so he did not appreciate the maneuver I made. When I got home, I bought another camera and have it facing backwards. If I would have had it prior to this situation, I believe it would have showed the trooper was very far behind me, too far to see what really happened.

Quick Reply: what r u using for a dash cam? waylens?