Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 02:08 PM
Rennline
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 73 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by jackippo
Is it the same for the 991.2 Targa? Sorry for the double post. I tried to quote before and hit the wrong button! Thanks!
No problem! The rear tie downs will be the same for ALL 991.1 and 991.2 models.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:29 PM
jackippo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennline
No problem! The rear tie downs will be the same for ALL 991.1 and 991.2 models.

Thanks so much for your help. I would also like to replace the bolts, but I do not have information on them.
Does Rennline sell these parts and if so, what is the correct torque setting for my 991.2 4S? Thanks!
Old 04-13-2018, 12:23 PM
Rennline
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks so much for your help. I would also like to replace the bolts, but I do not have information on them.
Does Rennline sell these parts and if so, what is the correct torque setting for my 991.2 4S? Thanks!
Unfortunately we do not have those parts available. If you did want to replace them I suggest you check out Pelican Parts! The torque specs above are accurate, 22 ft-lb with a final tightening of 90 degrees.
Old 04-13-2018, 12:41 PM
jackippo
Rennlist Member

Default NON GT3 torque setting 67 ftlbs.??

Unfortunately we do not have those parts available. If you did want to replace them I suggest you check out Pelican Parts! The torque specs above are accurate, 22 ft-lb with a final tightening of 90 degrees.
According to this, looks like for my non GT3 991.2, the correct setting is 67 ftlbs plus 90 degrees. Now that's what it felt like during loosening! Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks!!

Old 04-13-2018, 12:51 PM
Rennline
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

According to this, looks like for my non GT3 991.2, the correct setting is 67 ftlbs plus 90 degrees. Now that's what it felt like during loosening! Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks!!

Sorry about that! Was thinking about the GT3. If you have the steel sub-frame use the non-GT3 specs as seen on the spec sheet. For aluminum sub-frame use the GT3 specs on the sheet.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:23 PM
jackippo
Rennlist Member

Sorry about that! Was thinking about the GT3. If you have the steel sub-frame use the non-GT3 specs as seen on the spec sheet. For aluminum sub-frame use the GT3 specs on the sheet.
You are correct, from the look of things under there the 02's have an aluminum sub-frame. I will go with the GT3 spec.'s Thanks again!
Old 04-16-2018, 12:57 PM
Rennline
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

You are correct, from the look of things under there the 02's have an aluminum sub-frame. I will go with the GT3 spec.'s Thanks again!

No problem!
Old 04-16-2018, 08:20 PM
SCCAForums
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 39 Posts

There is another way to tie down the GT3, using the factory jacking puck areas, and insert a T hook like this:

I use 4 of these and cross the straps using the factor Jacking Puck locations. Very simple on off for trailering.

Option A:

Option B:

Pic of Car loaded:

Best Regards,
Dave
The following users liked this post:
Palting (11-16-2021)
Old 04-18-2018, 08:23 AM
jackippo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by awew911
Very welcome. Also make sure they sit flush and don't hit the cross member while you tighten them on.
i installed them, they are in contact with cross member when tightened. I am assuming cross member is the aluminum bar that is right in front of bolts. Is that ok?
Old 04-18-2018, 09:22 AM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 135 Posts

i installed them, they are in contact with cross member when tightened. I am assuming cross member is the aluminum bar that is right in front of bolts. Is that ok?
give then a little rotation to try and avoid the cross member. Or do what I did... stick them in a vise and give them a whack a couple times with a rubber mallet to give them a very slight bend for clearance .
Old 04-18-2018, 11:49 AM
jackippo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SCCAForums
There is another way to tie down the GT3, using the factory jacking puck areas, and insert a T hook like this:

I use 4 of these and cross the straps using the factor Jacking Puck locations. Very simple on off for trailering.

Option A:

Option B:

Pic of Car loaded:

Best Regards,
Dave
So I think these are awesome! I might just return the Rennline ones and purchase these!! Can you please let us know where we can find them? I don't like the rear tie downs since they are leaning on the cross member in front of them. I am not going to try and bend them either, any chance of these falling out if strap losses slack? Thanks for sharing!!
Old 04-18-2018, 12:43 PM
SCCAForums
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 39 Posts

So I think these are awesome! I might just return the Rennline ones and purchase these!! Can you please let us know where we can find them? I don't like the rear tie downs since they are leaning on the cross member in front of them. I am not going to try and bend them either, any chance of these falling out if strap losses slack? Thanks for sharing!!
You may be able to get locally at a U-Haul, or Home Depot, but here's where I got them online:
https://www.awdirect.com/tie-down-ho...-and-hardware/

I've only used the Option A. ones (link above) though the Option B ones look like they could even allow for more room/clearance.

I cross both straps, front and rear... have never had one fall out in 20+ years of tying down our race cars with these. They're quick and simple to use.

Best Regards,
Dave
Old 04-18-2018, 12:48 PM
jackippo
Rennlist Member

Thanks so much! I think these will work just fine.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:20 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by awew911
This is important. 30NM and then 90 degrees. I replaced mine with new. The diagonal brace to rear axle cross member should be number 4, not number 2. i double checked this with a work shop manual

I am reviving this old thread because I am installing Rennline rear tie downs on my 991 Carrera and believe there may be a mistake in the diagram that identifies the numbers with the corresponding torque values. the diagonal brace to rear axle cross member is number 4, not number 2, which does have an initial torque spec of 22 ft. lbs. and final tightening of an additional 90 degrees. The number labeling in the photograph of the undersigned of the car appears to be mislabeled. can anyone confirm?
Old 11-15-2021, 12:58 PM
JRoman21
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts
Thumbs up

Just installed my Rennline Tie Downs this weekend. Just wanted to say this thread was SUPER helpful and appreciate all those that contributed to it! Thank you!

Quick Reply: Rennline rear tie down help