Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recent images of Saffron - NOT Saffron.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 08:28 PM
PTSRS
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Recent images of Saffron - NOT Saffron.

View this post on Instagram

Gentlemen, I've learned from an internal source that this is NOT the new Saffron Yellow. Instead the source mentioned this is a very digitally enhanced shot of a Signal Yellow press car.

Saffron will instead be much more golden, and from what I have learned, will be exclusive to the Turbo and Turbo S ranges as the official press release regarding MY2018 changes have previously indicated.

Only decided it was best to create a new thread because I have been informed PCNA has fielded more than a few calls from customers regarding the availability of Saffron on the .2 GT3 in reference to this post.

My sincere apologies for the misunderstanding this has created in the community. Hope this was an appropriate way to clear it up.

Will
Old 05-21-2017, 08:44 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by PTSRS
https://www.instagram.com/p/BT1DVO1AWKY/?taken-by=ptsrs

Gentlemen, I've learned from an internal source that this is NOT the new Saffron Yellow. Instead the source mentioned this is a very digitally enhanced shot of a Signal Yellow press car.

Saffron will instead be much more golden, and from what I have learned, will be exclusive to the Turbo and Turbo S ranges as the official press release regarding MY2018 changes have previously indicated.

Only decided it was best to create a new thread because I have been informed PCNA has fielded more than a few calls from customers regarding the availability of Saffron on the .2 GT3 in reference to this post.

My sincere apologies for the misunderstanding this has created in the community. Hope this was an appropriate way to clear it up.

Will
The photoshopping is obvious when you look at the part of the rear wing visible through the glass, which is clearly lighter less saturated racing yellow.

In reality, if exterior color were as seen on this pic, the part of the wing through the tinted glass would appear DARKER, not lighter, and just as saturated (orange-ey), if not more so.

Clearly rhis his photo was manipulated with intent to deceive by selecting the colors to alter and changing their hue, saturation and lightness to make it look like a richer more orange yellow similar to Signal Yellow.

wonder who the source was and how they represented what these pics were of?
Old 05-21-2017, 08:52 PM
PTSRS
Racer

Originally Posted by Lapis
The photoshopping is obvious when you look at the part of the rear wing visible through the glass, which is clearly lighter less saturated racing yellow.

In reality, if exterior color were as seen on this pic, the part of the wing through the tinted glass would appear DARKER, not lighter, and just as saturated (orange-ey), if not more so.

Clearly rhis his photo was manipulated with intent to deceive by selecting the colors to alter and changing their hue, saturation and lightness to make it look like a richer more orange yellow similar to Signal Yellow.

wonder who the source was and how they represented what these pics were of?
Great insight Lapis. I received these images directly from the photographer, and I made no further digital enhancements when I reposted. As I posted in the other thread, below is an unfiltered shot of the same car taken on the same day. It definitely looks to be Signal Yellow.

Old 05-21-2017, 08:52 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,454 Likes on 758 Posts

We should just all ask PAG to offer Signal Yellow as one of the upgraded options like Chalk and Miami. They can take my money immediately.

how many people would order SY???
Old 05-21-2017, 09:09 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

i would!
Old 05-21-2017, 09:23 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Meeeeeeeeee
Old 05-21-2017, 11:17 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

I love Signal Yellow
Old 05-21-2017, 11:25 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,581 Likes on 1,604 Posts

Will
Aw yeah, it's comin' baby!

Old 05-22-2017, 11:25 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Why did they make a signal yellow press car?.. is there a chance in hell this can become an additional "special color" instead of PTS? Should we infer any meaning from this press car? It's utterly gorgeous to my eyes. With black wheels and red brakes and red stitch interior.. you may call it mcdonalds.. but I call it GT3 gold!!! (Goldilocks.. just right)

In fact, it's primed to go full Monty with some yellow lights and some flicks and door stripes... OOF!!! Love it
Attached Images   
Old 05-23-2017, 03:32 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Why did they make a signal yellow press car?.. is there a chance in hell this can become an additional "special color" instead of PTS? Should we infer any meaning from this press car? It's utterly gorgeous to my eyes. With black wheels and red brakes and red stitch interior.. you may call it mcdonalds.. but I call it GT3 gold!!! (Goldilocks.. just right)

In fact, it's primed to go full Monty with some yellow lights and some flicks and door stripes... OOF!!! Love it

Porsche had records of bringing press/shows cars even to auto shows with PTS colors that can't even be optioned. It is very evil indeed.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:50 PM
PTSRS
Racer

Bullish

Old 05-23-2017, 04:55 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

That's it. Depth of finish not well captured in photos, but there is a hint of it. Looks more like the Ferrari triple yellow than MBs sunbeam to my eyes.
Old 05-23-2017, 06:51 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

Looks great. Sign me up
Old 05-23-2017, 07:15 PM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Has the carbon roof?
Old 05-23-2017, 08:37 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

That does look like my Giallo Triplo Strato 458.
That being said , and it is a fantastic color, is more F than P

Skittles = GT3

Quick Reply: Recent images of Saffron - NOT Saffron.