mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,491 Likes on 2,272 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisF
Catching up on nutrition from that century ride yesterday I see
lol

Originally Posted by Yargk
I really like this picture. My dad had an orange 914 for a few years when I was a kid.

Gunter very kindly put my 930 on a rack so I could take pictures for the sale. They do like seeing the old cars.

I'm currently waiting for Fremont to get my new transmission for the gt4 recall.
ur dad smart man
why is ur trans recall so late ?
Originally Posted by Saru385
went with chef's choice so blame him!

i had to get mine right away due to flat tire.
you have a special price on them or something?
yes I have different price I often pay more
I had a nail but they are out of stock
Old 07-20-2019, 12:28 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,092 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty

green meh... maybe I like yellow more....
Yes, you need another yellow fruit but RY more banana and less mango. #BumblebeesName:  photo49.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  96.2 KB
Old 07-20-2019, 03:01 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Two oil changes, no PPF, no ceramic coating, just a wax once it got warm enough, not washed since, 3 1/2 hour drive, and wood wheel love. Got to meet another GT3 RL member too.

Old 07-20-2019, 05:04 PM
BlueGT3
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 53 Posts

Drove 4 hours (2 each way) for a 1 hour meeting in the GT3. My wife said I am nuts. I said good seat time.
Old 07-21-2019, 12:28 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

^ bravo... I am sure the meeting was much less painful this way
I do that at times too, but I tend to forget about the meeting b/n the round trip
Old 07-21-2019, 12:33 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

today's dinner was pretty good

had dinner with my daughter's friend's parents.
I ordered the food
I ate the food
"wow. you can really eat..." they said afterwards....

amateurs...

The following users liked this post:
Crazy Eddie (07-27-2019)
Old 07-21-2019, 01:10 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 903 Likes on 341 Posts

Decided NOT to drive the GTS most of today. Instead, I handed the keys to my wife and said "meet you in Sonoma", 44 miles away. I hopped on the bike and we met up at a friends bday party at a Vineyard. After, we went out and grabbed some dinner at our favorite sushi spot. All three of us (wife, me, dog) piled in the GTS for the ride to pick it up. No pictures of the food because it was gone in literally seconds.

So, in the spirit of the thread:
- I let my wife depreciate my Porsche
- I rode my bike a 87 miles
- Depreciated Porsche more by driving it more with dog in back
- Ate amazing food (deduct points for no pictures)

I nailed it today!

Hunter before we set out:

Hunter during the drive:
The following 4 users liked this post by ChrisF:
evilfij (07-21-2019), laranja (07-22-2019), odwa (07-23-2019), thebishman (07-21-2019)
Old 07-21-2019, 02:57 AM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 148 Posts

why is ur trans recall so late ?
When I lost 3rd in 2017 and had it fixed under warranty, it was early enough that Fremont wasn't sure if that replacement transmission was updated. That 1st replacement is still working so I didn't rush on the recall. I had them order the next one about a week ago. Better safe than sorry; I'm looking forward to lots of miles ahead.
Old 07-21-2019, 08:30 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 880 Likes on 365 Posts

This thread is why I love RL.

Just got back from 9 days in NYC...Mooty and Chris need to go and eat for a few days. I will show up.

Now back in lala land...will head to canyons in RS later this morning.
Old 07-21-2019, 09:03 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,122 Posts

My backroads are a joke on summer weekends. Trains of minivans, suv’s, and priuses all driving 5 under a 45mph speed limit AND braking for corners, too (safety first!) — with miserable sports cars captive in between “enjoying” their weekend drives. Luckily I can drive my Porsches whenever I want. On weekends it’s either the 5-series barcalounger or the Ram.
DFW01TT (07-22-2019)
Old 07-22-2019, 01:13 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

So after eating nonstop with the kids for several days, I decided to go for a nice short 34 mile ride. I live around woodside, those who knows the area know it’s heaven for bicyclists, motorcyclists and car enthusiasts. The roads are phenomenal, but the users are often idiotic.

Let me ramble on…

When I am climbing 7-10% grade, that’s about 10mph on a VERY GOOD FAST day; usually slower. You know I can only ride so fast. If you are driving a car, don’t pass me on blind turns. Just wait and get by me at an intelligent place. But many drivers are not smart but do have giant *****, so I just stop and park it on the side of the road and let the idiots pass me. (strangely, some drivers feel they have the right of way… NO, they don’t. If I am ahead of them and it’s double yellow, they can flip me off, but they are to stay behind me b/c there is no min. speed limit and they are only to pass at speed deemed safe… double yellow passing is not safe, but hey, I let them by)

Now coming down the hill, 60% of the times, I am faster. But somehow many drivers AGAIN feel they have the right of way and block me… well, I chuckle and just suck it up. I drive those roads too and I know when to pass and to be passed, just as when I ride….

Anyways, that’s just rambling… indulge me.

Ignore the fkg cyclists for now. Drivers pls be careful of yourselves…

Friday (7/19/19), west of portola valley on hwy 84, car and motorcycle hit. Motorcyclist died. I don’t know the facts, but it’s a Y-intersection, and many ppl (including bicyclist b/c some of them are not bright either) do not stop (there’s only 1 stop sign, so one road has right of way). If you make a U-turn there, many ppl only look at one side and when you do that, sh it happens. When I come down on bicycle it’s around 40mph… I slow the hell down b/c I know it’s death trap Y-intersection. But many car, bike, motorcycle enthusiasts who do not live here don’t know. If you are westbound on SR84 and not familiar with the area, the Y-intersection is blind. You are highly likely going to be hit or hit something.

Today (7/21/19) about ½ mile east of Friday’s fatal accident, a Cadillac sedan went off the embankment of SR84. Now, by the time I rode past it, it’s already down the embankment with 1 fire truck, 1 ambo, 3 sheriff cruisers. Since I wasn’t’ there, I do not speculate on what happened: speed, texting, drugs (I smell marijuana on SR84 all the time on my bike when cars passby)?… so what is the point here… as I descended SR84 today, the oncoming traffic was flashing lights, and honking horns at me and the cars ahead of me…. I thought was strange but slowed down to see what is going on…. The cars in front of me were blocking me from my descend but they didn’t slow down when they saw the “signals” from oncoming traffic (maybe they didn’t see it or they ignored it).. come around the blind corner, I hear tires screeching and I saw the incident, the first responders… luckily the cars in front of me didn’t pile onto the first responders as one of the fire battalion cruiser was diagonally parked to block the road… now why did the drivers not pay attention to on coming drivers’ signals… don’t they find it strange when everyone is honking their horns and flashing their lights…. BE ALERT….

Also, the various roads here are deceiving. Unless you drive it all the time, slow down. There’s a bump on one road that your car will bottom out, another bump that will make the rear of your car go sideways, when and which section of the roads will you see deers, a section of the road that’s always SLIGHTLY wet and you will get lose…. So know the road well before you carry on with speed.

I just wanted to ramble a bit bc I lived here 11 years and I see no less than 3 accidents a year. Maybe drivers don’t see it. On bike I am slow enough that I can see the roadside graves with crosses, banners, and flowers.. there are A LOT of them….

DFW01TT (07-22-2019)
Old 07-22-2019, 01:43 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,735 Likes on 1,063 Posts

Had same experience in Malibu hills today. Well no dead people but a lot of idiots not paying attendtion. Of the 180 miles i drove today maybe 20 were stuck behind idiots. Most of the roads clear luckily. At least the ones i drive. I always give bikes way, let motorcycles pass if they are quick..There was thst one entitled a hole cyclist tho... riding on near the center line of mulhollamd on the last areas. Idiot.

Old 07-22-2019, 10:49 AM
My 911
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

So after eating nonstop with the kids for several days, I decided to go for a nice short 34 mile ride. I live around woodside, those who knows the area know it’s heaven for bicyclists, motorcyclists and car enthusiasts. The roads are phenomenal, but the users are often idiotic.

Let me ramble on…

When I am climbing 7-10% grade, that’s about 10mph on a VERY GOOD FAST day; usually slower. You know I can only ride so fast. If you are driving a car, don’t pass me on blind turns. Just wait and get by me at an intelligent place. But many drivers are not smart but do have giant *****, so I just stop and park it on the side of the road and let the idiots pass me. (strangely, some drivers feel they have the right of way… NO, they don’t. If I am ahead of them and it’s double yellow, they can flip me off, but they are to stay behind me b/c there is no min. speed limit and they are only to pass at speed deemed safe… double yellow passing is not safe, but hey, I let them by)

Now coming down the hill, 60% of the times, I am faster. But somehow many drivers AGAIN feel they have the right of way and block me… well, I chuckle and just suck it up. I drive those roads too and I know when to pass and to be passed, just as when I ride….

Anyways, that’s just rambling… indulge me.

Ignore the fkg cyclists for now. Drivers pls be careful of yourselves…

Friday (7/19/19), west of portola valley on hwy 84, car and motorcycle hit. Motorcyclist died. I don’t know the facts, but it’s a Y-intersection, and many ppl (including bicyclist b/c some of them are not bright either) do not stop (there’s only 1 stop sign, so one road has right of way). If you make a U-turn there, many ppl only look at one side and when you do that, sh it happens. When I come down on bicycle it’s around 40mph… I slow the hell down b/c I know it’s death trap Y-intersection. But many car, bike, motorcycle enthusiasts who do not live here don’t know. If you are westbound on SR84 and not familiar with the area, the Y-intersection is blind. You are highly likely going to be hit or hit something.

Today (7/21/19) about ½ mile east of Friday’s fatal accident, a Cadillac sedan went off the embankment of SR84. Now, by the time I rode past it, it’s already down the embankment with 1 fire truck, 1 ambo, 3 sheriff cruisers. Since I wasn’t’ there, I do not speculate on what happened: speed, texting, drugs (I smell marijuana on SR84 all the time on my bike when cars passby)?… so what is the point here… as I descended SR84 today, the oncoming traffic was flashing lights, and honking horns at me and the cars ahead of me…. I thought was strange but slowed down to see what is going on…. The cars in front of me were blocking me from my descend but they didn’t slow down when they saw the “signals” from oncoming traffic (maybe they didn’t see it or they ignored it).. come around the blind corner, I hear tires screeching and I saw the incident, the first responders… luckily the cars in front of me didn’t pile onto the first responders as one of the fire battalion cruiser was diagonally parked to block the road… now why did the drivers not pay attention to on coming drivers’ signals… don’t they find it strange when everyone is honking their horns and flashing their lights…. BE ALERT….

Also, the various roads here are deceiving. Unless you drive it all the time, slow down. There’s a bump on one road that your car will bottom out, another bump that will make the rear of your car go sideways, when and which section of the roads will you see deers, a section of the road that’s always SLIGHTLY wet and you will get lose…. So know the road well before you carry on with speed.

I just wanted to ramble a bit bc I lived here 11 years and I see no less than 3 accidents a year. Maybe drivers don’t see it. On bike I am slow enough that I can see the roadside graves with crosses, banners, and flowers.. there are A LOT of them….

The agressive drivers who pass you on blind corners and then get mad when you pass them on a slow section are not very smart and don't have the giant ***** they imagine. Far from it...... you know how the saying goes.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:29 PM
Stigs Cousin
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I ride ride those roads on a regular basis and have for the last 40 years for training & racing.The law is 3 two pass. Meaning motorist need to give cyclist a 3' birth to pass safely.I more or less ride the whole Portola valley, woodside, Old La Honda ect. ect. area's only during the week or very early on weekends, it's pretty crazy on a weekend after 10:00am.As a Porsche enthusiast I like a spirited drive as much as the next guy but as a cyclist I am always mindful of cyclists on any road.In some regards the Bay Area has become more aware of cyclist over the last 10 years or so but at the same time there way more cars on the road these day's.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:45 PM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 148 Posts

There are so many good places to pass, I don't understand passing on blind corners. Be aware everyone, I was driving Redwood road toward Oakland and while coming up on a left hand turn with the hill on my left, I see someone standing on the right side of the road taking video with the camera pointed around the bend at traffic I can't see yet coming towards me. It seems like a young guy and I bet he's recording someone driving, so I slow. Sure enough, a motorcyclist comes around the bend towards me taking what for him is a right hand turn. He dumps the bike, lowside, and slides across my lane, off the road, and down the slope. I would have hit him if I didn't slow. Luckily, he didn't sustain major injuries and the car behind me that stopped was driven by a doctor who stayed and checked him out. Look for small details and be aware of how far you can see.

Although a minor point, it just reminds me of how 3/4 of the times I flash my highbeams at someone to get them to turn on their lights, they don't get it, don't notice, or think I want to pass. If someone is signaling you in some way, your first thought should be "there could be many reasons this person is trying to get my attention, let me ponder what they could be." (btw, in California it's the law to turn on headlights if it's raining, no matter if it seems bright and in the middle of the day)

Quick Reply: just got back, let's discuss value of porsches