Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1 of 1 MANUAL 991 GT3RS. THE CAR PORSCHE DIDN'T BUILD, BUT I DID!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 03:38 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by islandsnow
wow nutz, this brings the RS to a new level of fun
are you listening Porsche?
Old 05-10-2017, 03:42 PM
Nine1won
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 31 Posts

Just read the whole thread and can't wait to see the finished product!
Old 05-10-2017, 04:31 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 891 Likes on 337 Posts

John and BGB are the real deal. Only wish you guys were out my way. Have to wait for trips to Sebring to make use.

Can't wait to see this project finished. Best of luck to the OP and BGB!
Old 05-10-2017, 04:46 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

WOW, wow, wow
what an undertaking
i had to read it several times to make sure i wasn't reading it wrong.
if anyone can do it, john at BGB would be one of them.
good luck and can't wait to see the magic
Old 05-10-2017, 04:56 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
WOW, wow, wow
what an undertaking
i had to read it several times to make sure i wasn't reading it wrong.
if anyone can do it, john at BGB would be one of them.
good luck and can't wait to see the magic
The manual FORCE is strong mooty! LOL
Attached Images  
Old 05-10-2017, 05:08 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Watching and reading too. I had to look at the OP's original post date to make sure it wasn't April 1st.

I am speechless, envious, and happy all at the same time. All the best success with this mega project ... books will be written, children will be told, and the earth will wobble just a little less.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:01 PM
hushypushy
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Awesome!! What a super cool project. Kudos for having the ***** to actually do what many before you have only dreamed about doing.

Thanks for showing all the little pieces required for the conversion, I (and surely others) find that extremely interesting
Old 05-10-2017, 07:11 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Very cool. Any thoughts about swapping centre locks for 5 lugs? Have you done other projects like this in the past?
Old 05-10-2017, 07:16 PM
RJGT3RS
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by meaker
This is so insane!! But I love it. Can't wait to see the finished product. Best thread on renlist by far..
Thanks man, glad your enjoying it. The interest and Excitment you guys are showing is adding a whole new level of excitment to the build. Appreciate it.

Originally Posted by FLT6SPD
Hell yeah, giving the big middle finger to the gender neutral demasculinized PDK!

Yesssss I though the polite way to tell Porsche that was to Rip the S**t out and do a build I think every one wanted to be built from the factory.

This would be the only 991.1 I would be interested in owning. Points for originality...
Thanks man.

Originally Posted by pete95zhn
I highly appreciate a fellow nutcase, although your toys are a bit higher level than mine. But while been doing a conversion from a plain 996 Carrera to 996 turbo engined -with 997 VTG turbos, GT2/Cup transmissioned GT3R looker I know the anxiety during the build and the reward of driving the finished beast. One with all electronic bells and whistles working like OEM.
Lookig forward to seeing a video of your car!
Thats awesome, me too! Thanks

Originally Posted by Dewinator
If Porsche starts locking down the transmissions, maybe 911R owners will make their $500k back letting RS converters order through them.
LMAO probably what Porsche will do. 911R owners for sure would have the cards in their favor then.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:25 PM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE FINAL PRODUCT!!! BGB congrats on taking the challenge on. I would bet there may be more to come once the final product is finished.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:39 PM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

OP, Congrats on taking on this project!

While you are at it, can you come up with a swap of the CL hubs for good old 5 lugs???

BTW, like your 997RS'!
Old 05-10-2017, 08:06 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by RJGT3RS
LOL.

Glad your enjoying it.

somewhere north of 40ish??? with all the little extras. This includes thing not necessary for the conversion. Will total it all up when done to give a more accurate number.

Yesss man

the 997 or 991?
997!
Old 05-10-2017, 08:08 PM
RJGT3RS
Racer

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Ok, while you're at it can you add the other mandatory fun buttons?
Hey man I would of but Porsche wouldn't release them to me Rare lol.

Originally Posted by mqandil
+1 you are absolutely correct, we certainly do!
You are a brave sole and you are my hero. Really proud of you and what you are trying to accomplish, and I think upon the successful completion of this project you will turn into a bigger hero, and even the skeptics will join our side. Keep up the good work. Mark

Thank you very much for the kind words and Support. I hope the outcome out of all this is for Porsche to stop playing games with its customer BASE! A lot of the guys on these forums have been loyal Porsche customers and enthusiasts long before caymans, cayennes and macans etc.... Probably the same people who bought and supported their other vehicle ventures to help SAVE the company from ruins. I grew up Dreaming of owning and Driving MANUAL 911's. not automatics! Don't tell me whats better for me, give me the option to choose. 3 pedals all day. sorry, rant end.

I wish I knew you were looking for the sport button, I would have gladly donated my GT4 sport button to you as a sign of appreciation & support to the cause.

Thats Awesome man, appreciate the thought and support for the build. Aside from the cool build its just as awesome to interact with the amazing people on this forum. new level of respect and appreciation for the Porsche community.

On serious note, you could have save money here as most Porsche dealership service departments have a huge collection of these buttons. My service guy at Sunset Porsche has a large selection of these buttons which he collects during warranty repairs, and offer them to me free of charge to replace my damaged or worn pieces, and whenever I need to add more buttons to my existing console for additional stuff such radar detector, mute buttons or reverse camera, etc. the dead spots on the console can be quite useful to add more functions. Again great job bud. Mark
Good to know for the next one Also cool info for the radar button being placed there. Thanks Mark.

Originally Posted by UAEGT3
Amazing, subscribed
Awesome, Thanks

Originally Posted by The Big Easy
Great watching this slowly unfold!
Cheers,
Thanks

Originally Posted by RealityGT
RL Man of the Decade stuff.....
Man, appreciate that but have learnt so much from RL..... ok Ill take it. JK
kidding aside, thanks for the compliment,

[QUOTE=STG;14173483]Reality is very FEW would invest $ in a project like this. Very few shops could pull it off too without parts falling off while driving.
Thank you Sir.

Originally Posted by STG
Reality also is that Porsche creates marketing and product hierarchy in its product lines that benefit them financially. They like to tell the enthusiast what they should want or need.

They limit production for their benefit and marketing too. Create more hype by having tightened supply.
PREACH!!! Absolutely, it went from "the final analog, manual" and "the last drivers car'' to an Automatic. Sorry PDK fans. I am a fan seriously, I get technological progression and Performance figures. But if I'm spending $$$ on a GT3 I would like the option.

Originally Posted by STG
They play a sales game along with making great cars. At this point, they're a great marketing company that also makes great cars. It's no longer making great sports cars that can be enjoyed by the masses without seeing them as investment portfolios (by dealers and buyers) in this current environment.
I agree, I wish they would just go back to the drawing board and give us a stripper GT3RS with a manual for 140K and take out all the nonsense.

Originally Posted by RealityGT
You sir, IMO, have one of the most reputable shops I have ever come across.. The pride you take in your craft is evident and I am certain the OP is in great hands..
Onward & Upward!
Thanks, they are great, I feel like I am in good hands for sure.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:09 PM
RJGT3RS
Racer

Originally Posted by robmypro
997!
coming up
Old 05-10-2017, 08:24 PM
RJGT3RS
Racer

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
The OP has a baby on the way so we are going to thrash to get this turned around ASAP!
YESSSSS, looking forward to it. 1 baby boy and 1 baby gt3rs coming soon.

Originally Posted by islandsnow
wow nutz, this brings the RS to a new level of fun
I agree, cant wait.
Originally Posted by CAlexio
are you listening Porsche?
LOL
Originally Posted by Nine1won
Just read the whole thread and can't wait to see the finished product!
Thanks

Originally Posted by ChrisF
John and BGB are the real deal. Only wish you guys were out my way. Have to wait for trips to Sebring to make use.

Can't wait to see this project finished. Best of luck to the OP and BGB!
Thanks man.

Quick Reply: 1 of 1 MANUAL 991 GT3RS. THE CAR PORSCHE DIDN'T BUILD, BUT I DID!