Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to buy a 991.1 Gt3. Need Advice!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 08:58 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by troppo
I just went through this and didn't want to wait a year ++, so I picked up my '15 .1 GT3 and couldn't be happier. This is my 11th from zuffenhausen and no others previous cars even come remotely close (including 993tt, c4s, c2s, etc...). This car is absolutely amazing and people seem to be forgetting this fact since the 991.2 gt3 was announced...

Anyways, I picked mine up CPO until 11/20 for 2.9% under sticker/ask 2 months back.
And I did try a GT4, not too bad but not even close to the 9k screamer. I came from a well setup manual 991 c2s and I felt the GT4 would have been a lateral move at best.

So pick up a .1GT3 under msrp and enjoy the dopamine boost for the next year or two while you wait.
They are brilliant. Enjoy!
Old 05-05-2017, 10:37 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
I offered you my '15 at wholesale and you didn't bite. It's listed now at MSRP... just rubbing it in- wholesale price was approx. 13% off MSRP...

https://bend.porschedealer.com/inven...ds+Red+1181037
While I have absolutely no recollection of you doing that...your build isn't anywhere close to what I'm looking for, so if you did offer it, I wouldn't have even gotten to the price part. But if you did offer it below MSRP, you're agreeing with my point, which is that the OP shouldn't think he needs to pay MSRP or over to get a nice, low mileage .1 GT3.
Old 05-05-2017, 11:02 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RUF RS
I've found that most people that post these 'what should I pay?' threads, or 'how much is it worth'? threads are gathering up opinions on pricing...and looking for deals that don't exist...and rarely pull the trigger....Just my 2 cents...I did say MOST...not ALL...But you see these threads on all the Forums...'Oh, I'm looking for a low mileage, all original 73RS Lightweight...What should I pay?' Umm...whatever the owner of the 1 in the world that happens to be for sale is ASKING??
^^^Bingo
Old 05-06-2017, 12:23 AM
NiteCrawlr
Racer

Received 261 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
They are brilliant. Enjoy!

Similar story here. No answer on a 991.2 gt3 allocation. Saw a 2015 gt3 6500 miles, certified, in the color I wanted with the options I wanted from the dealer I wanted and paid MSRP. Couldn't be happier. Traded in a 991.1 Carrera S I had for 2 years and got a decent trade in value for it.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:41 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
While I have absolutely no recollection of you doing that...your build isn't anywhere close to what I'm looking for, so if you did offer it, I wouldn't have even gotten to the price part. But if you did offer it below MSRP, you're agreeing with my point, which is that the OP shouldn't think he needs to pay MSRP or over to get a nice, low mileage .1 GT3.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...erience-4.html

But you had to read the whole post.

My point is that you and others might want the prices to be 20% off MSRP, like I want an RS at 10% off MSRP, but the market is supporting the higher prices. Last post about Manheim prices GT3's are going at around 135K on average. That's wholesale, maybe if you're lucky private party. Maybe in 6 months prices will fall again, as they usually do in the Fall and Winter.

As to me, I think it was fair price, no hassle, quick and painless. Could have gotten 5K more marketing myself maybe, but maybe not. But yes you should be able to get 7-10% off MSRP, you will need to negotiate though or find a realistic private party seller.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:13 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Never saw that post, but your car wasn't near my desired spec, so I may have read it and just disregarded it.

I'm not serious about a .1 right now because the price delta to the .2 is not big enough to interest me yet. But I'm watching the cars out there closely and there are lots available below MSRP, and most of those are still sitting. Look at the Overton car on here. Low miles, good spec, hottest Porsche market in America probably, priced below MSRP and, last I checked, the car was unsold and he hadn't even had a single post in his thread. Or that super nice, low mile, GTSilver car at Olhmstead, with a couple grand of PFF and coating, priced below MSRP as well. I expect that car sells pretty quick, but again, below MSRP.

I really started watching very closely about a 4-6 weeks ago and, since then, not a single one of the cars I've focused on has sold. And a lot more cars have come to market. I don't think the market is 20 percent below MSRP, but I think it's below MSRP on anything but a brand new, dealer mile car. Then again, all it takes is one buyer to come along...

Three more RS's added to the classifieds just today, one of which looks like a really nice car and decent deal relative to the market.

Last edited by Archimedes; 05-06-2017 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-06-2017, 07:57 PM
SteveFrench
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Clowns asking for $270,000-$290,000 for an RS are on crack...lol
Old 05-06-2017, 09:12 PM
chillindrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by RajDatta
Once again, people forget, it could be a good yr to 2 yrs before most people get their .2 GT3. Not sure about others, but I don't have that kind of patience. Life is too short. I rather drive now.
hang on to that 991.1 GT3 another year Raj. When you get your .2, i will buy.

easy peasy.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:28 AM
Deezuhl77
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gago1101
Honestly, you should wait and get a .2 gt3. If you want a bargain, .1 gt3 is the one to get. Think about at least 10% off msrp for .1 gt3. Anything over, you should walk, considering you may be able to get a .2 gt3 at around msrp if you are willing to wait.
I sold my .1 gt3 at 20k less than msrp. It was a 2015 gt3 with 157k msrp, white car with lwb seats.

Even with my bargain sale, I exchange in to the new on for 20-30k extra after 2 years. Still a bargain.
Bingo.. this was the advice i was hoping for.. The statement " go with a bank check with what your willing to pay isn't FRIENDLY advice for anyone except someone who is working at the dealer.. Im willing to pay 20k over sticker for a .1 gt3 if i went by all the prices i was seeing at dealers that were 25k over sticker and you guys said to me " listen you won't find one at MSRP or below unless it has issues ".. However your advice is helpful.. Its sorta like me saying I'm only willing to pay 15k below sticker for a .2 Gt3.. Im pretty sure you guys are going to say good luck.. see you MAYBE in 2 years..
Old 05-07-2017, 01:34 AM
Deezuhl77
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mqandil
Just food for thought.....
Not sure if you are aware of the issue with premature top end wear on 2014 & 2015 engines. I would stick to 2016 cars or perhaps 2014 &2015 cars that had their engines upgraded with the new G engine, but have relatively low miles. Best scenario would be CPO cars that has the upgraded G engine. Please also note that many of the 2014 cars had their warranty extended by one year and 100K miles so they are also not a bad option as that brings them to 2015 warranty coverage but with higher mileage coverage and you can grab them at attractive price. It all depends what you want to do with the car and how long you are planning to keep it and how much do you want to spend. All I am saying you have wide viable selection with wide price range. Good luck. Mark
Thank you for that advice.. A local porsche friend warned me of the 14-15 issues and advised me exactly the same as your saying.. Im after a 16 if anything but luckily with some good advice i didn't walk into the dealer offering 169k for a car that has a 160 msrp that that they are asking 179k for and i woulda thought my deal was great.. Im not leaving at 1.00 over MSRP now and it has to have everything i want in it like LWB and if PTS Riv Blue or something striking thats a bonus.. I just want to buy it right because i don't know if ill have it 3 months, 1 year or 2 years.. Some cars i fall in love with like i did my GT2.. some i get bored with if I'm not getting to the track enough.. such as the Gt3.. Well see.. Going to try to make it to a few dealers tomorrow and see where their head is at as far as pricing.. they may not be ready to come way under MSRP until the influx of trades starts for the new model.. Well see..
Old 05-07-2017, 01:36 AM
Deezuhl77
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NateOZ
So pay a small premium to get a .2 GT3 or buy a .1 RS. Both will cost less than a .1 GT3 at current advertised asks. I would go a GT4 over a .1 GT3 if I really couldn't wait.
Trust me the Gt4 doesn't sound so bad just until the .2 Gt3 is actually available.. Its not that i haven't thought of it as well.. You think the gt4 will hold value somewhat decent if i buy it right in comparison to the .1 Gt3.. That could hold me over till the .2 came out and then i wouldn't care about paying 10-15 over for the newest model..
Old 05-07-2017, 01:39 AM
Deezuhl77
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RUF RS
I've found that most people that post these 'what should I pay?' threads, or 'how much is it worth'? threads are gathering up opinions on pricing...and looking for deals that don't exist...and rarely pull the trigger....Just my 2 cents...I did say MOST...not ALL...But you see these threads on all the Forums...'Oh, I'm looking for a low mileage, all original 73RS Lightweight...What should I pay?' Umm...whatever the owner of the 1 in the world that happens to be for sale is ASKING??
Truth is I'm not that guy.. I'm quite the opposite.. i walk in and impulse buy at 179k asking price and get it for 170 and feel like i stole it.. Then i end up on the forums reading up months after realizing i got screwed cause i just wanted to buy a car on the spot that weekend and i have to take a 20-30k loss cause i didn't spend a few hours or days or weeks on here asking for advice.. I have owned at least 20 cars in the last 5 years and i screw myself on probably 15 of them.. I'm just for once trying to make an informed decision quite honestly..
Old 05-07-2017, 01:41 AM
Deezuhl77
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by montoya
I offered you my '15 at wholesale and you didn't bite. It's listed now at MSRP... just rubbing it in- wholesale price was approx. 13% off MSRP...

https://bend.porschedealer.com/inven...ds+Red+1181037

wow 13% off MSRP on that car.. now thats the type of deal i wouldn't have to think twice on with LWB.. Going to have to be patient i think on this buy so i don't screw myself.. Nice car..
Old 05-07-2017, 02:03 AM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 309 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Deezuhl77
Truth is I'm not that guy.. I'm quite the opposite.. i walk in and impulse buy at 179k asking price and get it for 170 and feel like i stole it.. Then i end up on the forums reading up months after realizing i got screwed cause i just wanted to buy a car on the spot that weekend and i have to take a 20-30k loss cause i didn't spend a few hours or days or weeks on here asking for advice.. I have owned at least 20 cars in the last 5 years and i screw myself on probably 15 of them.. I'm just for once trying to make an informed decision quite honestly..
OK, good to know. GOOD LUCK!! It's a jungle out there....
Old 05-07-2017, 08:57 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by chillindrdude
hang on to that 991.1 GT3 another year Raj. When you get your .2, i will buy.

easy peasy.
You have seen it and driven it. You know the deal

Quick Reply: Looking to buy a 991.1 Gt3. Need Advice!!