Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 Dealer lists

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 07:47 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by GT234RS
Mine is arriving in Jan, I was lucky to get one of the last LTs they will build.
Awesome, congratulations!
Old 10-02-2016, 02:47 AM
Engeljizzle
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 54 Posts

So all I'm seeing is that lists don't mean jack. What is meant by a "list"? Is this just verbally communicated blah blah or is this in writing lists for customers?

I have, in writing, a piece of paper signed by the sales manager that states I am 1st on the list, it will be customizable to how I want it, and that I will be paying MSRP. Is this enough? Should I not get my hopes up?

I THINK I have a good relationship with the dealer; I was sitting in the GM's office for 2 hrs bs'ing with him and just about everyone from sales to service to the mechanics knows me by name. I've bought one used GT car from them, traded in one GT car for that one, about to buy a Macan for my fiance', and will be trading my current GT3 in for the next one. Not to mention I spent 10k in mods through the dealership after purchasing it.

Any opinions would be helpful.

Last edited by Engeljizzle; 10-02-2016 at 03:06 AM.
Old 10-02-2016, 11:22 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

I called to be put on the list for a lot of cars over the years- it is a dealer by dealer thing. Also, some manufacturers will make their own lists for cars like the Ford GT, P1, LaFerrari etc.

Here's how it has gone down with me:

08 GT3RS- Rennlister helped me get it way back when. He was not able to make the deal as the car showed up early and wanted a RL-er on the car vs dealer flipping. Out of state dealer MSRP.

11RS- my neighbor was the GSM and we met casually because of my CGT. I mentioned that I could not get an allocation for an RS because nobody at his store took me seriously. He got me a car, msrp. Was very happy and got to spec it myself.

P1: same dealer local group as 11RS. I had to apply to McLaren etc. was my second McLaren from the dealer, have bought 3 more since. Great guys.

650 LeMans coupe: see above.
675LT: see above.

Same dealer group owns Porsche, Bugatti, McLaren, Benz, Bentley, Rolls all on same street.

911R rumors: place deposit and inform porsche GM about the car. First one on list, nobody knew about the car.

Agree to Buy GT4 ClubSports x 2 for IMSA race season.

Ask about GT4 road car allocation

Local dealer in CA calls with allocation. Spec, wait. Msrp. First transaction with them. Suspect Motorsports twists arm.

No word on 911R.

Race car delivered, podium first race.

911R confirmed. Send CGT across state lines for services and inspections. Dealer knows now they will make me happy for life. Also spec 675LT spider with loads of MSO stuff. Dealer knows that I am acquiring a McLaren dealer somewhere else but I want to honor all purchase contracts.

Ask about speccing CXX options on a GT4 (#2)

Ask both CA and TX dealers about Gt2RS, 960, 991.2RS, mission E.

CA dealer : no promises, not sure about allocations.

TX dealer: awesome. You want them all? You are #X, #X+y, etc per car.

GT4 -1 delivered.

GT4-1 and GT4 ClubSports (my personal cars) used for press testing- European car, Jalopnik, smoking tire, etc.

GT4 CXX confirmed.

Buy GT3RS PTS over sticker from way across country. Still no love on that one from any dealer at msrp...

TX dealer: hey I heard Mercedes is coming out with a new P1 style car can I get one of those? Sure top of the list you are the first inquiry.
Old 10-02-2016, 11:32 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

^^^ in other words. "Working it" :-)
Old 10-02-2016, 02:49 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by STALKER99
How many cars have you purchased from Pfaff if you don't mind me asking.
3 plus
Old 10-02-2016, 03:26 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 170 Likes on 90 Posts

So CJ, you're saying all one had to do to get an R was to start a Porsche race team and win a race? Now everyone's going to do that. Soon you'll have to win a championship
Old 10-02-2016, 04:51 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

CJ. That's impressive. In our country I just call the dealer and place the deposit. Queues are short to non existent even on GT cars. Of course we pay 30-40% more than you do for our cars even though there is no import duty in NZ (Porsche tax). RHD country etc.
Old 10-02-2016, 06:27 PM
bigskyGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm on a list, don't know which number I am. I offered to put down a deposit, but they said hold off until we are closer to launch. I would guess my chances are at best 50-50 to get an allocation for the GT3. I'm a new customer and the GT4 was my first new Porsche. I'm OK with this. To be honest, I'm not sure I would want to give up my GT4, and following the engine replacement thread, I don't want to rush into a 991 GT3 until I have more confidence in the changes they have made to make the engine more reliable.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:26 PM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Received 534 Likes on 292 Posts

CJ, no AM-RB-001? Would be great to see a video comparing it to the MB F1 road car :P
Old 10-03-2016, 11:48 PM
Norcalgt3
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Dealer list threads

Im thinking when the allocations come out, we should create a thread with people's positions on lists to call BS on dealers in Fremont and others if needed
Old 10-04-2016, 03:50 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

I found out today from a very reliable source today that a dealer that I thought was one of the good guys sold their soul to the devil for the almighty dollar by an RS allocation for $50k over even though I'm a local knowing that I wanted one and they claim that they only sell for MSRP to locals. Last time I checked, a relationship was a two-way street. Very disappointed to say the least. I have deposit at 2 other good guy dealers, let's see what happens...
Old 10-04-2016, 06:33 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by Pokerhobo
CJ, no AM-RB-001? Would be great to see a video comparing it to the MB F1 road car :P

So many of the owners will end up in a ditch that I will just pick one up later lol
Old 10-04-2016, 02:44 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by Norcalgt3
Im thinking when the allocations come out, we should create a thread with people's positions on lists to call BS on dealers in Fremont and others if needed
That would be a funny thread.. a lot of dealers would get called out with their "auction to highest bidder" approaches.. especially Fremont. Nothing against the sales guys, it's management there which put this into place and reaps the benefits.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:31 AM
oslermarine
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea I'm #30 on a high volume dealer list (they got 24 991.1 GT3 allocations) and I'm #9 on a lower volume dealer list (they got 9 991.1 GT3 allocations). Looks like my chances are slim...hopefully some generous rennlisters hook a brother up with an allocation down the line.
Old 11-08-2016, 12:34 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 255 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by oslermarine
Yea I'm #30 on a high volume dealer list (they got 24 991.1 GT3 allocations) and I'm #9 on a lower volume dealer list (they got 9 991.1 GT3 allocations). Looks like my chances are slim...hopefully some generous rennlisters hook a brother up with an allocation down the line.
Similar for me: #19 on one dealer's list and #12 on another. I've already spent dozens of hours picking all the options/configurations.

Like most other's have said, there is no way to enforce these lists:
1. How do I really know how many GT cars the dealer got allocated?
2. How do I really know I am #19 on the list and 6 people didn't drop off?
3. How do I really know that even if I were next in line to get an allocation, that they sell it to someone else who pays more for the allocation?

As a finance person, all these variables and unknowns are very foreign to my field as I deal with absolutes. I guess we can hope for the economy to take a dive like a few years back and we will move up the list and actually get an allocation.

Sometimes, I wish the car industry (or at least luxury cars) gave the consumer the option to purchase right from the manufacturer. The manufacturers makes X quantity, charges Y price and all you do is give them Y money and you get a car.

Most of my cars have been Hondas and buying them was such an easy, pleasant experience.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 Dealer lists