Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

garage car lifts

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 09:16 PM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Anyone have their Autostacker installed and wiling to post up some pics along with a review?
Old 09-10-2018, 09:27 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by GT TREE
Anyone have their Autostacker installed and wiling to post up some pics along with a review?
Check this: https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...pressions.html
Old 09-11-2018, 06:06 PM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
Perfect! Thank you
Old 10-26-2018, 10:28 AM
jimmermd
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For those nterested, BendPak has discounted some of their lifts for the SEMA show. I believe that the HD-9 is on the list.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:28 PM
RyanDDWPartners
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

My garage lift is shown in this video:

Old 11-28-2018, 02:58 PM
jchou38
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For anyone who has a bendpak lift any model of HD9. Did you purchase the aluminium deck to fill in the middle? If so how is it? I am getting mixed reviews on it, debating on purchasing to maybe put some stuff on it whenever I don't have a car on top, and can help prevent any leaking of whatever to whatever on the bottom.

The company I bought my lift from doesn't recommend it, says that they barely sell any of it, they said its flimsy and doesn't recommend putting anything on it.

https://www.bendpak.com/car-lifts/ac...aluminum-deck/

I was debating on having something custom made that is more secure, but would need dimensions if someone had them, could possibly mimic the item.

Any input would be grateful. Thanks
Old 11-28-2018, 03:02 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,118 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by jchou38
For anyone who has a bendpak lift any model of HD9. Did you purchase the aluminium deck to fill in the middle? If so how is it? I am getting mixed reviews on it, debating on purchasing to maybe put some stuff on it whenever I don't have a car on top, and can help prevent any leaking of whatever to whatever on the bottom.

The company I bought my lift from doesn't recommend it, says that they barely sell any of it, they said its flimsy and doesn't recommend putting anything on it.

I was debating on having something custom made that is more secure, but would need dimensions if someone had them, could possibly mimic the item.

I put in a HD9 this summer. Didn't buy that, largely because I'll always have a car on top. I figured I can easily get it made locally with a metal fabricator for a reasonable price later if I needed. I did buy the plastic drip trays to protect the car below from any fluids.
Old 11-28-2018, 03:29 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jchou38

I have the Plastic Drip Trays ( you have to buy 4) which are not only flimsy and sag right away, but they also don't cover the entire length of the lift leaving an area exposed.

Old 11-28-2018, 03:37 PM
RossP
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 150 Posts

I have the Plastic Drip Trays ( you have to buy 4) which are not only flimsy and sag right away, but they also don't cover the entire length of the lift leaving an area exposed.
6 foot folding tables (from home depot, lowes etc) should fit on the tray "runners" and sit flush. Easy storage for the tables, wont sag, good drip protection.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:21 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts

your car won’t cover the entire length of the lift either and certainly not the parts that drip. Why would you even want the entire length covered with drip trays? They are certainly not made to put anything on them.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:03 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by wareaglescott

your car won’t cover the entire length of the lift either and certainly not the parts that drip. Why would you even want the entire length covered with drip trays? They are certainly not made to put anything on them.
my car is 16’ long, it’s just poor engineering and cheap materials, the drip trays are not meant to hold anything BUT they can’t even hold their own weight. BTW I have an extra set of their 48” aluminum ramps if anyone is interested, preferably local.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:17 PM
FLACHT6_pilot
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 92 Posts

I built a detached garage about six years ago and installed a flush mount scissors lift as part of the project.

Many oil changes/suspension jobs/brake work later and it's still going strong. I like the lack of trip hazards on ground, and underside access is very good (if not quite equal to a typical 2 post lift.)

https://www.gregsmithequipment.com/FM9SL-In-Ground-Lift

Old 11-29-2018, 12:11 AM
RyanDDWPartners
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I have a few DirectLift ProPark 8S’s. They are great. Posted a link below to a pic but it’s not working...

View this post on Instagram
Old 11-29-2018, 04:17 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

I have an extra set of their 48” aluminum ramps if anyone is interested, preferably local.
Might be interested...where are you located?
Old 11-29-2018, 04:23 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Might be interested...where are you located?
Washington DC area

Quick Reply: garage car lifts