Sponsored by:

Visit to Porsche & Germany - July 2015

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 05:50 AM
Porsche-Jeck
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Also, that is not what they used when a small % of the finished cars go on their brief test drive on public streets & autobahns.
These go with their shipping foil wraps (or even car covers)...but not with the clear plastic 'armor' coats! And these test drives
always have 'special plates' attached to the cars & clearly visible both front and back!

Good catch, Eduardo - though I wonder whether the Burka style wrapped RS complies with german traffic law

Very interesting and entertaining stuff in this thread
Old 07-20-2015, 06:27 AM
928cs
Race Car

Received 506 Likes on 323 Posts

I was only able to pick out the VIN # on ONE 991 gt3 RS at that lot. It's the 'Lava Orange' on the left by the car carrier truck in the above photo. I was able to focus on it's production tag visible on its front windshield. It seems to indicate that it was built the day before this photo was taken - 15th of July! If any of you know your VIN # and dealer #, you can identify this car as yours!

The C00 on this sticker indicates a German car.
The dealer code is 1001090, and I don't know which one this is, sadly.

Thanks
Old 07-20-2015, 02:25 PM
thegunguy
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eduardo,

I want to join the chorus in thanking you for this thread and your time in Germany. Fabulous work!
Old 07-20-2015, 10:19 PM
Werks 1
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Eduardo......Keep the Posts Coming!!!! Want to know more about "exclusive" MY 2016 Targa GTS will be sitting there from 7/27 until 9-11..........thanks! GREAT JOB
Old 07-21-2015, 12:43 AM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 134 Posts

Fantastic information and images. Thanks Eduardo.

BTW, if you're worried about you plants getting watered, don't. Or at least not for the time being. There was a fairly strong thunderstorm early yesterday morning in Carmel, followed by light rain through mid morning. Screwed up the MBY Concours, but nice to see some rain!

How was Rothenberg o.d.T? Looks beautiful.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:53 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

I went to Rothenberg am Tauber w wife many years ago, it was ok, no cars though
Old 07-21-2015, 01:13 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Sometimes there are interesting cars in Rothenburg...

Originally Posted by dark knight
I went to Rothenberg am Tauber w wife many years ago, it was ok, no cars though
Perhaps it was dark in town, knight, and you weren't able to see very well!

But from time to time, some Rennlisters (like recently Gary C. from Louisiana) gets lucky with cars in Rothenburg! This European Delivery 991 gt3 RS in the medieval walled city of Rothenburg makes a nice contrast of the 'old' with the 'new'!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...l#post12423047

Saludos,
Eduardo
Volkach, Franconia
Old 07-21-2015, 01:16 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

this will probably make you laugh, I ate lunch at the Mcdonalds in Rothenberg when I visited
Old 07-21-2015, 01:37 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by dark knight
this will probably make you laugh, I ate lunch at the Mcdonalds in Rothenberg when I visited
Nein, it's making me cry!

Next time, pick just a local restaurant...any local restaurant! You have to come into the 'light', dark knight!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Old 07-21-2015, 03:21 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mathfuzzy
Fantastic information and images. Thanks Eduardo.

BTW, if you're worried about you plants getting watered, don't. Or at least not for the time being. There was a fairly strong thunderstorm early yesterday morning in Carmel, followed by light rain through mid morning. Screwed up the MBY Concours, but nice to see some rain!

How was Rothenberg o.d.T? Looks beautiful.
We are also got some sporadic rain in Rothenburg & around Franconia in past few days...but it has not totally broken our current European 'heat wave'!

By the way, saw several PCA 'Club Blau' GTS Coupes completed & waiting for shipment at factory parking lot. They would not let me photograph them...but they did give me this hat as a consolation prize!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Volkach, Germany
Old 07-21-2015, 07:14 AM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

We are also got some sporadic rain in Rothenburg & around Franconia in past few days...but it has not totally broken our current European 'heat wave'!

By the way, saw several PCA 'Club Blau' GTS Coupes completed & waiting for shipment at factory parking lot. They would not let me photograph them...but they did give me this hat as a consolation prize!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Volkach, Germany
Nice consolation prize!

Thankfully a friend of JAM2's was kind enough to send of picture of mine. Not only am I grateful to see my car, I now know what heaven looks like:

Old 07-21-2015, 09:32 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default re: 'Club Blau' 991 gts...

Thankfully a friend of JAM2's was kind enough to send of picture of mine. Not only am I grateful to see my car, I now know what heaven looks like:

That is such a beautiful color - the new 'Club Blau' hue! Congratulations! And its specially nice that you have chosen to do the rear windshield wiper on this car. It's one of the options I always admired from the first time I remember seeing the vintage 911's in my 'youth'. I am a big fan of this option for the cheer nostalgia of it all!

And please enlighten me....where on earth is this garage full of Porsches? At the port of Emden? I have never seen a garage as big as this in all of my years in Europe. Looks like the Madison Square Garden of Porsche storage lots!

I have a question for you guys...who among the PCA 'Club Blau' 991 GTS owners was allowed to do European Delivery in early September and attend a special function which I believe will take place in Austria? And is that special function hosted by Dr. Wolfgang Porsche at Zellamsee from Sept 3rd to the 6th - the '2nd Internationale Porsche Tage'? I hope to attend this event at some future date too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkniU9AnCz8#t=143

http://www.zellamsee-kaprun.com/de/n...ts/porschetage

Or is the 'Club Blau' GTS owners get-together in Austria after the European Delivery in Zuffenhausen a completely separate affair?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Germany

Last edited by Z356; 07-21-2015 at 08:19 PM. Reason: I am not in Carmel....
Old 07-21-2015, 03:14 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

That is such a beautiful color - the new 'Club Blau' hue! Congratulations! And its specially nice that you have chosen to do the rear windshield wiper on this car. It's one of the options I always admired from the first time I remember seeing the vintage 911's in my 'youth'. I am a big fan of this option for the cheer nostalgia of it all! And please enlighten me....where on earth is this garage full of Porsches? At the port of Emden? I have never seen a garage as big as this in all of my years in Europe. Looks like the Madison Square Garden of Porsche storage lots! I have a question for you guys...who among the PCA 'Club Blau' 991 GTS owners was allowed to do European Delivery in early September and attend a special function which I believe will take place in Austria? And is that special function hosted by Dr. Wolfgang Porsche at Zellamsee from Sept 3rd to the 6th - the '2nd Internationale Porsche Tage'? I hope to attend this event at some future date too! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkniU9AnCz8#t=143 http://www.zellamsee-kaprun.com/de/n...ts/porschetage Or is the 'Club Blau' GTS owners get-together in Austria after the European Delivery in Zuffenhausen a completely separate affair? Saludos, Eduardo Carmel
Thanks Eduardo, I can't wait to see the color in person. Right now I'm making do with the 1:43rd model of it on my desk, which I imagine is a close approximation of the color.

I agree about the rear wiper and am glad to have had the chance to specify it. If only Exclusive would have approved my Pepita request, I'd have had it exactly as I wanted and a solid nod to Porsche's history. In any event, thanks for the endorsement (and eye for detail).

I'm sorry to say that I don't know where to find this storage garage / slice of Porsche heaven. I contend that the steering wheel installer from the beginning of this thread is just out of the picture, personally watching over my car until I can pick it up. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Since getting this picture in the first place was a big favor, I didn't ask too many questions about other details.

With respect to the special European Delivery, we're one of six couples who are participating. I understand that eligibility had to do with the build date assigned to one's car and then PCNA went down the list in order of acceptance for the eligible cars. I think I was third on that list.

The six of us pick up our cars at Zuffenhausen on September 1st and Porsche has a couple days of drives planned that take us from Stuttgart to a rendezvous with the Porsche Days event in Zel am See on the 3rd. So, 'yes,' is the short answer. We're meeting up and participating in the Porsche Days event from the 3rd to the 6th. My wife and I are then spending a night in Salzburg, then Munich and then a couple in Rothenberg od T. before dropping our car back Stuttgart and then to Frankfurt to fly back home.

In case anyone is wondering, head, I realize how great this is and I feel very fortunate to be buying this car and having this experience with it.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:13 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 202 Posts

[QUOTE=Z356;12447886]

I have a question for you guys...who among the PCA 'Club Blau' 991 GTS owners was allowed to do European Delivery in early September and attend a special function which I believe will take place in Austria?

Eduardo, my original build date was 9 October with a completion date of 23 October. When I selected to do ED, I spoke with Rebekah and Jamie in Atlanta. It wasn't until I "met" JD that I found about the special trip for the select few CC owners that had their build dates line up with this event.

In a joking way, I mentioned that I wish my date were sooner, and I would jump on this once in a lifetime event. I was told that the build could not be moved up, and that the event was sold out. oh well.

Fast forward to Memorial day weekend, Friday at 2:38 pm. Rebekah calls to let me know that they can move up my build and that there was a cancellation for the special CC ED. I asked if I could get back to her on Monday to confirm, as I have some moving parts that need to be coordinated to do the trip. The answer was, Yes! However, a call 10 minutes later said that they need to know right away, and I didn't have the weekend. Oh well, I had to pass.

Unfortunately, but fortunately, I have family coming to visit over Memorial Day weekend from Europe, and I cannot just bail on their visit. Therefore, I had to decline this ONCE IN A LIFETIME EVENT. If only I knew 2 weeks prior, and flights were not booked!

I am curious to know if all spots have been taken for the CC ED?

For what it's worth, I found out last week that my build is now starting on 4 September. I am just waiting to see if my ED can be moved to October 1 in Leipzig.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:52 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Congratulations to both Mathfuzzy & JAM2 for choosing to purchase the PCA 60th Anniversary Club Coupe. I personally think its unique (so far) color - 'Club Blau' - will be the best remembered 'club coupe' in history! That color is truly exceptional and brilliant! Mathfuzzy I am sure you will just love the Zellamsee gathering in early September. And, Jam2, sorry you couldn't arrange to change your travel plans and make that special event. But you'll also get to do a wonderful European Delivery vacation with your GTS...so it's a win-win too!

And please enlighten me....where on earth is this garage full of Porsches? At the port of Emden? I have never seen a garage as big as this in all of my years in Europe. Looks like the Madison Square Garden of Porsche storage lots!
I'm sorry to say that I don't know where to find this storage garage / slice of Porsche heaven. I contend that the steering wheel installer from the beginning of this thread is just out of the picture, personally watching over my car until I can pick it up. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
OK, I am beginning to understand. Since your car (pictured above) is waiting for European Delivery in Zuffenhausen later this summer, the storage must be in the Stuttgart/Zuffenhausen or Ludwigsburg area. Perhaps Jam2 can specify for us exactly where this cavernous garage is located? I have never seen this place!

Saludos,
Eduardo
On the banks of the Mosel River in Germany

Quick Reply: Visit to Porsche & Germany - July 2015