Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 RS - Confirmed Orders

 
Old 04-22-2015, 05:15 PM
  #511  
911dev
Super User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,604
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by kyrocks View Post
Prob feb-March
probably; was told between late Q4 and Q1.
911dev is offline  
Old 04-22-2015, 06:00 PM
  #512  
Superman32
User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 372
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Nick Yoskin View Post
if there really is second wave we can expect delivery approx dec/jan?
Anyone know how many cars for second wave?
I assume won't be as many as first wave.
Superman32 is offline  
Old 04-22-2015, 06:30 PM
  #513  
TRAKCAR
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
TRAKCAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: S. Florida
Posts: 27,306
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

- plasticdoc / September + brother / November
- JCBH / September
- superman32 / September
- inndee / October
- kyrocks / October
- hoopumpers / September
- race7117 / November
- oc997 / October
- allans / May
- trakcar / September
- Mooty / November
- red route1 / September
- snabbgt3 / September
- sdgt3 / September
- h_GT3 / August
- omgjon / September
- carcommander / September
- Peterfirst / July
- gluinca / October
- consolidated / November
- samfromtx / October
- unoaz / July
- mm3.9gt3 / October
- polarpeter / Date?
- Toprpm / September
- Nate OZ / October
- Seth Thomas / August
- AC SATCO / July
- Dochoff / October
- SSTHO / August
- Joe731 / September
- anonymous918 / Summer
- anonymous918 / September PTS
- Zellamsee / September
- Scrappy1972 / September
- Karimft3 / July
- moegt3 / September
- major dad / October
- jpcourt / July
- Bob Rouleau / July
- Crex / July
- rsierra / October
- CanadaRS / July
- 1198r / September / ROW
- GT3_Racer / July
- Stujelly / December
- AciDShOrt / November
- arsxs04 / October
- Streetking / August
- JCO / May / ROW
- CJMB / September

Copy - Paste and add yourself if you are V200 --> Outside USA - Canada is ROW.

Alans is leading in the US with earliest build date. He must be special.

Originally Posted by Nick Yoskin View Post
my dealer got allocated 4 cars and I am 5th in line. I heard rumblings that there might a second wave of allocations Has anyone else heard this??????
Heard nothing, but I would say a small wave of another 100? or so coming if you look at the 2008 and 2011's history.

Originally Posted by kyrocks View Post
Prob feb-March
Sounds about right.

Originally Posted by Superman32 View Post
Anyone know how many cars for second wave? I assume won't be as many as first wave.
Likely less but nobody knows.
TRAKCAR is offline  
Old 04-22-2015, 07:01 PM
  #514  
JCO
User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 179
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

The rumors is that Porsche had an extraordinary boardmeeting just before easter to see if they could increase the production of the RS.
JCO is offline  
Old 04-22-2015, 07:06 PM
  #515  
GreenLantern
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SFO, LAX, SJC, SNA, LAS, IAH, JFK
Posts: 2,818
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JCO View Post
The rumors is that Porsche had an extraordinary boardmeeting just before easter to see if they could increase the production of the RS.
I hope it's true.

The irony? Unless they already have something else planned, there's going to be a break between the .1's and the .2's... So why not fill that with more GT3 RS's? It's not like they're going to be consumed building something else.

Unless, of course, they intend for no breaks between the 991.1 and the 991.2 GT3. I doubt this, however. It's more likely they'll announce .2's in staggered fashion so as not to cannibalize PR, as they have done with the 997.1's, 997.2's, and 991.1's, so far.
GreenLantern is offline  
Old 04-22-2015, 11:23 PM
  #516  
NateOZ
Super User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 3,495
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I hope it's true.

The irony? Unless they already have something else planned, there's going to be a break between the .1's and the .2's... So why not fill that with more GT3 RS's? It's not like they're going to be consumed building something else.

Unless, of course, they intend for no breaks between the 991.1 and the 991.2 GT3. I doubt this, however. It's more likely they'll announce .2's in staggered fashion so as not to cannibalize PR, as they have done with the 997.1's, 997.2's, and 991.1's, so far.
It's pure speculation, but I think the changes from the 991.1 to 991.2 are bigger than normal and they can't keep producing the RS after the switch due to retooling. Switching from NA to Turbos is a big change and I'm sure there will be more. Perhaps they're taking some weight out the chassis etc - I understood that a chassis change would prevent them from keeping previous generations running.
NateOZ is offline  
Old 04-23-2015, 12:25 AM
  #517  
usctrojanGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
usctrojanGT3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 10,311
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by NateOZ View Post
It's pure speculation, but I think the changes from the 991.1 to 991.2 are bigger than normal and they can't keep producing the RS after the switch due to retooling. Switching from NA to Turbos is a big change and I'm sure there will be more. Perhaps they're taking some weight out the chassis etc - I understood that a chassis change would prevent them from keeping previous generations running.
The change from 997.1 to 997.2 cars was basically LED lights. The change over from 999.1 to 991.2 will be the same non-event as it was for the 997 face lift. It's not like they are going to go from 991 to 992 like it went from 996 to 997. CEO is on the hot seat to produce sales/profits....why not pump out more high dollar/high profit cars? If PAG wants to build more RSs then they'll do so. The dealers and PCNA know nothing and have nothing to say about anything to PAG. More RSs are coming later this year and in 2016. I'll bet anyone that.
usctrojanGT3 is offline  
Old 04-23-2015, 02:53 AM
  #518  
GreenLantern
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SFO, LAX, SJC, SNA, LAS, IAH, JFK
Posts: 2,818
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3 View Post
The change from 997.1 to 997.2 cars was basically LED lights. The change over from 999.1 to 991.2 will be the same non-event as it was for the 997 face lift. It's not like they are going to go from 991 to 992 like it went from 996 to 997. CEO is on the hot seat to produce sales/profits....why not pump out more high dollar/high profit cars? If PAG wants to build more RSs then they'll do so. The dealers and PCNA know nothing and have nothing to say about anything to PAG. More RSs are coming later this year and in 2016. I'll bet anyone that.
+1

Yeah, realistically, the only thing changing between the 991.1 and 991.2 in "regular" 911's is the switch from NA to Turbo engines. Minor cosmetic changes. But that's about it. Main chassis remains the same. Platform remains the same.

Just like the 997.1 -> 997.2.
GreenLantern is offline  
Old 04-23-2015, 04:04 AM
  #519  
Kobalt
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Kobalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 4,466
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
+1

Yeah, realistically, the only thing changing between the 991.1 and 991.2 in "regular" 911's is the switch from NA to Turbo engines. Minor cosmetic changes. But that's about it. Main chassis remains the same. Platform remains the same.

Just like the 997.1 -> 997.2.
Maybe I am missing the point here but changes in the "small" face lift ->997.2 where amongst things:

Larger engine
Improved rear wing
Wider front track
Different gearing (at least the RS)
Centerlock
Leds as mentioned
Kobalt is offline  
Old 04-23-2015, 04:15 AM
  #520  
usctrojanGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
usctrojanGT3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 10,311
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Kobalt View Post
Maybe I am missing the point here but changes in the "small" face lift ->997.2 where amongst things:

Larger engine
Improved rear wing
Wider front track
Different gearing (at least the RS)
Centerlock
Leds as mentioned
Those are all bolt-on and cosmetic items....and the 991.1 already has CLs. Like I said....991.1 to 991.2 will be a non-event other than some bolt-on/cosmetic changes....no re-tooling the assembly line required as the chassis is not changing until they go to 992. I know the guys getting the first orders probably want a limited production car but that's not going to happen. If I had to guess, PAG will pump out more 991.1 RSs then 997.1 RSs and if you think because PAG is a for-profit company after all.
usctrojanGT3 is offline  
Old 04-23-2015, 06:01 AM
  #521  
Kobalt
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Kobalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 4,466
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3 View Post
no re-tooling the assembly line required as the chassis is not changing until they go to 992.
Agree

I know the guys getting the first orders probably want a limited production car but that's not going to happen.
That is not true: I have heard, from a trusted source, that when they built my RS, all the RS-specific tools will be destructed.
So no more cars after October. Sorry
Kobalt is offline  
Old 04-23-2015, 06:57 AM
  #522  
Ronan
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,453
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

OK V200 all done and pickup date is confirmed for September 2 ( Canadian Car).

Have a series of events in Europe for the following three weeks. Unlikely the car will turn a wheel in Canada in 2015 as it will probably not hit my dealer till November . Here is the spec...pretty much middle of the road. In terms of interior, the only additional orange apart from the standard stitching,belts, pulls, will be the thin metal trim around the transmission.

I personally do not need PCCBs..prefer standards on track, but we are all different

Ronan is offline  
Old 04-23-2015, 07:21 AM
  #523  
NateOZ
Super User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 3,495
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3 View Post
Those are all bolt-on and cosmetic items....and the 991.1 already has CLs. Like I said....991.1 to 991.2 will be a non-event other than some bolt-on/cosmetic changes....no re-tooling the assembly line required as the chassis is not changing until they go to 992. I know the guys getting the first orders probably want a limited production car but that's not going to happen. If I had to guess, PAG will pump out more 991.1 RSs then 997.1 RSs and if you think because PAG is a for-profit company after all.
I know this is what they've done in the past, but if all they did was the typical facelift + turbo engine, would you buy a 991.2? I would just buy a used NA 991, and I suspect most of the customer base would. They need to do something more special with the change this time around imo.
NateOZ is offline  
Old 04-23-2015, 12:04 PM
  #524  
TRAKCAR
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
TRAKCAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: S. Florida
Posts: 27,306
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

- plasticdoc / September + brother / November
- JCBH / September
- superman32 / September
- inndee / October
- kyrocks / October
- hoopumpers / September
- race7117 / November
- oc997 / October
- allans / May
- trakcar / September
- Mooty / November
- red route1 / September
- snabbgt3 / September
- sdgt3 / September
- h_GT3 / August
- omgjon / September
- carcommander / September
- Peterfirst / July
- gluinca / October
- consolidated / November
- samfromtx / October
- unoaz / July
- mm3.9gt3 / October
- polarpeter / Date?
- Toprpm / September
- Nate OZ / October
- Seth Thomas / August
- AC SATCO / July
- Dochoff / October
- SSTHO / August
- Joe731 / September
- anonymous918 / Summer
- anonymous918 / September PTS
- Zellamsee / September
- Scrappy1972 / September
- Karimft3 / July
- moegt3 / September
- major dad / October
- jpcourt / July
- Bob Rouleau / July
- Crex / July
- rsierra / October
- CanadaRS / July
- 1198r / September / ROW
- GT3_Racer / July
- Stujelly / December
- AciDShOrt / November
- arsxs04 / October
- Streetking / August
- JCO / May / ROW
- CJMB / September
- ronan / September
TRAKCAR is offline  
Old 04-23-2015, 02:38 PM
  #525  
Nick Yoskin
User
 
Nick Yoskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 750
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

thanks to all for your input on second wave. Peter hopefully they will follow their history on "second wave"
Nick Yoskin is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 991 GT3 RS - Confirmed Orders


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: