Sponsored by:

Preferred dealership to service the GT3 in SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 12:37 PM
aznkuja328
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Preferred dealership to service the GT3 in SoCal

For those GT3 owners in SoCal, which dealership did you service your car at? And how was the experience? Will you consider the number of Gold Meister Technicians as a determining factor?

I have had bad experience with dealership service before (scratchy car wash, damaged front lip, overfilling engine oil), but they are Mercedes/ Audi. I know independence service is another choice to avoid dealerships, yet I would love to know if there is an excellent Porsche dealership for servicing the GT3 in SoCal area.

Thanks and cheers!
Old 03-23-2015, 12:41 PM
amerifrikaner
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I take my Carrera GT to Porsche Newport Beach. My service advisor is Rick West. Very good outfit IMHO.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:23 PM
DMoore
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I've bought/leased and had serviced 7 Porsches at Walter's in Riverside. Never had any problems, always get a loaner. I recommend them unhesitatingly.

In fact, I'm taking my GT3 in to them this afternoon. The engine lid release won't open. Odd...

DMoore
'15 GT3
'13 Panamera GTS
Old 03-23-2015, 01:54 PM
aznkuja328
Instructor

Originally Posted by DMoore
I've bought/leased and had serviced 7 Porsches at Walter's in Riverside. Never had any problems, always get a loaner. I recommend them unhesitatingly. In fact, I'm taking my GT3 in to them this afternoon. The engine lid release won't open. Odd... DMoore '15 GT3 '13 Panamera GTS
sound like the release cable is loosen? it happened on my Audi before but not the Porsches. truly odd and hope it will be an easy fix! by the way, are they aftermarket friendly? availability of loaner car is a plus, are they Porsche models too? do they have those gold meister tech?
Old 03-23-2015, 01:56 PM
aznkuja328
Instructor

Originally Posted by amerifrikaner
I take my Carrera GT to Porsche Newport Beach. My service advisor is Rick West. Very good outfit IMHO.
thanks for sharing! are they aftermarket friendly? and is loaner car available if I haven't purchased any car from them before? do they have those gold meister tech?
Old 03-23-2015, 02:06 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,840 Likes on 1,121 Posts

There are 2 dealers that typically are highly recommended here in Socal, and the experiences with the many others vary greatly. Those two are Circle Import and Walters. Walters is mod friendly from my observations. They sponsor the OC track events. I personally have had poor experience with Newport.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:08 PM
aznkuja328
Instructor

Originally Posted by Spyerx
There are 2 dealers that typically are highly recommended here in Socal, and the experiences with the many others vary greatly. Those two are Circle Import and Walters. Walters is mod friendly from my observations. They sponsor the OC track events. I personally have had poor experience with Newport.
it seems like Walters gets a lot of good feedback from sales to service! thanks a lot for the input!
Old 03-23-2015, 05:30 PM
SMGT3
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Beverly Hills Porsche sales gets a bad rap and deservedly so, but the service department has been pretty good. I've serviced my 996 Cab, 2012 Cayenne S, 2011 Panamera Turbo and now my 991 GT3. Jason Hallmark has been my service rep for all of my cars. Stand up guy. Good choices for loaners, caymans, boxsters etc.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:32 PM
DMoore
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by aznkuja328
sound like the release cable is loosen? it happened on my Audi before but not the Porsches. truly odd and hope it will be an easy fix! by the way, are they aftermarket friendly? availability of loaner car is a plus, are they Porsche models too? do they have those gold meister tech?
The trunk release in a 911 is electric, and I suspect the rear deck release is electric as well. I hear noises when I hit the release, but the deck doesn't open. I suspect the latch is misadjusted, but I'm not sure how they'll get it open to readjust it.

I've no idea what a "gold meister tech" is, but their technicians certainly appear to be competent. The only problem I've ever had that they didn't fix was an issue with an intermittent stumble with the PDK on my 991S; and even multiple visits from Porsche zone reps didn't fix the problem. I can't blame that on Walter's.

They have Porsche loaners - I've driven 911's, Caymans, Boxsters, Panameras and Cayennes. I've haven't gotten a Macan yet, but I'm sure that's just a matter of time. They have a limited number of loaners, though, and for the most part they send people to an Enterprise rental shop across the street in their Mercedes showroom. They'll pick up the bill, and it's usually an A4 or a C300.

I haven't modified any of my cars, but I've seen lots of modified cars there and I don't think it's a problem.

DMoore
'15 GT3
'13 Panamera GTS
Old 03-23-2015, 07:12 PM
nlpamg
Rennlist Member

Man, I would love to go to Walter's, but Riverside is just too far of a trek.

Is Rusnak in Pasadena any good?

I normally do oil changes well before they are due on the schedule. How much do just normal oil changes normally cost at some of these dealers? I hope they don't try to tell me that Mobil 1 is some "special" oil that's way more expensive to justify a $300 oil change (like many dealerships have tried to do on my other cars that use the same Mobile 1 0W-40).
Old 03-23-2015, 07:38 PM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

RUSNAK Pasadena, great service dept. Mike Barcelona is the guy.

Absolute **** sales dept (policy from the top, not the sales peeps themselves).

Vivian
Old 03-23-2015, 07:39 PM
arena-RTR
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
I am in the Sales Department at Circle, but I have now worked for 5 different car dealerships (3 Porsche) in my career, and I do highly recommend our service technicians. If you would like me to set you up with someone, I would be happy to do so, which will give you another voice in the company.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:47 PM
LAGinz
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've actually found opposite at Rusnak. Good sales experience but frustrating service.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:52 PM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by LAGinz
I've actually found opposite at Rusnak. Good sales experience but frustrating service.
We should talk. You wouldn't believe the email exchange I had with the GM there this weekend.

Who's your service guy?
Old 03-23-2015, 08:01 PM
U OLD DOG
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would not let Circle Porsche work on my tractor...

Quick Reply: Preferred dealership to service the GT3 in SoCal