Sponsored by:

Anyone have a Confirmed RS Order?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 10:34 PM
azzurri
Racer

Received 158 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by GTEE3
Just rec'd a call from a Multi-store East coast dealer.
"All RS' out the door are $30k+". Does not matter what the past buy relationship has been.
I told him to send my deposit back.
Also said "regular allocations s/b received in a week or two.
Sheeesh...
Which dealer is this? Curious if others of us out here need to be aware
Old 03-12-2015, 10:45 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

This is quite a circus. I bet several people have been told they get the first allocation. Some of them will be told well I didn't get an allocation. Also there will be a lot of cases of bump and run where at the last second you have to pay over. Ferrari makes you sign a letter stating they have right of first refusal for 1 year.

I guess we will see. Highly amusing.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:49 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
This is quite a circus. I bet several people have been told they get the first allocation. Some of them will be told well I didn't get an allocation. Also there will be a lot of cases of bump and run where at the last second you have to pay over. Ferrari makes you sign a letter stating the gave right of first refusal for 1 year.

Yep - going to be entertaining to see what happens to this mess. It even starts with PAG and the color uncertainty before even thinking about the allocations. The 488 looks so awesome and knowing the rules of the game is a pretty clear alternative for me.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:50 PM
Tre
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is quite a circus. I bet several people have been told they get the first allocation. Some of them will be told well I didn't get an allocation. Also there will be a lot of cases of bump and run where at the last second you have to pay over. Ferrari makes you sign a letter stating they have right of first refusal for 1 year.

Hence my question. Although I was "told" there was no list and my deposit was the first for the RS at my local dealership back in Aug '13, am I "really" the 1st? Will I be skipped and then told the dealership didn't get a "regular person" allocation? I guess I'll see soon enough lol!
Old 03-12-2015, 10:54 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

I have a 458 and '15 GT3 now. We will see on the RS. I likely to get an early allocation for a 488. If not it won't matter.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:56 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

I have a 458 and '15 GT3 now. We will see on the RS. I likely to get an early allocation for a 488. If not it won't matter.
It's funny how the dealers and Porsche create desire for supposedly low production cars.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:01 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's funny how the dealers and Porsche create desire for supposedly low production cars.
No different than Ferrari...except a little less attitude.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:33 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

I don't get any attitude out of my Ferrari dealer. I am treated like a friend. You might if you brought an attitude with you. YMMV.
Old 03-13-2015, 11:28 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

I received build sheet commission number and it says V70 today.
Old 03-13-2015, 11:36 AM
Gnil
AutoX

Over here also, the priority is for the 918 owners. They have a different channel order process , and are guaranteed the get a car before any other regular customers .
My order is in the system, but no confirmation yet.
My dealer got a hint on how many cars he will get , but as he has not received any monthly allocations yet, he can not tell me when I'll get mine .
Porsche will produce the car until march 2016 at least , so that gives them plenty of time to build as many as they want / need
Old 03-13-2015, 11:45 AM
RossL
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The funny part is the circus that seems to be created by Porsche is mostly created by posters on the forum. Misinformation all over the place and people wanting to be first. We all know dealers have little to no info, yet people constantly take what the dealer says as truth. Dealers will say anything to sell a car and we all know that but people are blinded by desire. Here are some "facts" from dealers that I've read so far;
  • They'll call it limited. In time yes, in number...maybe but doubtful since PAG said nothing which every other limited # car has been announced as such.
  • No allocations available. No dealer has any allocations yet.
  • All sold out. They have none for sale so it's true.
  • Markup due to high desire and low number. No one knows the truth except PAG and we all know they don't announce this. So we all know this is BS.
It's all to drive up desire to buy and it works brilliantly. The best hype engine for a car is forums. PAG just has to keep quiet and let the forums do all the work for them.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:22 PM
Tre
Racer

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Very nice, congrats on being another step closer!

Anyone else receive word from their dealers of "regular people" allocations being received/known?
Old 03-13-2015, 12:26 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

4s have happened to some dealers, haven't heard of any RSs yet.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:31 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Congrats Peter. Looks like the dealer came through for you.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:44 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It always starts like this. Get people hyped up. Tell them only 600 will be built. Some dealers will take advantage and charge over. I bet the we will see the same qty of cars as last gen and if economy tanks these cars will sell below MSRP. Be patient boys. If you wait for next allocation you will get more color choices and more options.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a Confirmed RS Order?