Sponsored by:

Sport Buckets, details from PNA

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 02:54 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sport Buckets, details from PNA

I have been speaking with Melissa from PNA about the sport buckets and would be be right for me.

The following is what she provided to me that I thought I would share with the group:

No feedback from the PSDS instructors, as we do not have the seats on any cars that have arrived in the US yet. However, I received good feedback from one of my colleagues in Germany. Here is what he had to say:

In the USA, you have the lightweight bucket seats, not the sports bucket seats.
I can only share my experience with the sports bucket seats:

Getting in and out of the seat is less comfortable than with the Sports Seats (Plus) because of the high side bolsters.
The angle of the backrest can not be adjusted, but for me the angle is perfect.
The height of the seat cannot be adjusted, and for me (140lb, 5'9"), it could be a little higher.
When you sit in the seat, they offer the best lateral support and also the long distance comfort is very good.

Unfortunately I have no experience with the lightweight bucket seats:

They offer electric adjustment of seat height and they have no folding backrest.

I hope this helps!

Warm Regards,
Melissa
Old 10-02-2014, 03:19 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Clocked
I have been speaking with Melissa from PNA about the sport buckets and would be be right for me.

The following is what she provided to me that I thought I would share with the group:

No feedback from the PSDS instructors, as we do not have the seats on any cars that have arrived in the US yet. However, I received good feedback from one of my colleagues in Germany. Here is what he had to say:

Getting in and out of the seat is less comfortable than with the Sports Seats (Plus) because of the high side bolsters.
The angle of the backrest can not be adjusted, but for me the angle is perfect.
The height of the seat cannot be adjusted, and for me (140lb, 5'9"), it could be a little higher.
When you sit in the seat, they offer the best lateral support and also the long distance comfort is very good.

They offer electric adjustment of seat height and they have no folding backrest.

I hope this helps!

Warm Regards,
Melissa
I certainly know you are trying to pass good info along but I'm not sure anything here is new or different that hasn't been discussed already?
Old 10-02-2014, 03:50 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problem, if this thread can be deleted, please do so.

She sent me some pictures and dimensions of both seats but those did not come through.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:56 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by sccchiii
I certainly know you are trying to pass good info along but I'm not sure anything here is new or different that hasn't been discussed already?
Scchiii:

Not only that, it's misleading. This can't be categorized even as 'good feedback', period! The German colleague is describing the current gt2-type 'sport bucket seat' which has been available in ROW since the introduction of the 991 and was available in ROW 991 gt3's since day one. That gt2-type sport bucket seat's height can not be adjusted. That gt2-type sport bucket seat's angle of backrest can not be adjusted. At the conclusion of the report, it add's ''they offer electric adjustment' of seat height. That contradicts what was earlier said.

The 918 type 'sport bucket seat we are getting has height that is electrically adjustable on the driver's side. Although we have no confirmation yet, it might also be able to tilt.

This 'report' is very disappointing. If indeed Melissa is the author of it, I am quite shocked & dismayed. We need better from the staff of 'Porsche Exclusive' and we are not getting it in this instance!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Originally Posted by Clocked

The angle of the backrest can not be adjusted, but for me the angle is perfect. The height of the seat cannot be adjusted, and for me (140lb, 5'9"), it could be a little higher.

I hope this helps!

Warm Regards,
Melissa
Attached Images  
Old 10-02-2014, 04:03 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

It is quite clear to me that the "electric adjustment of seat height" is in reference to the 'lightweight bucket seats', not the 'sport bucket seats'.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:06 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

Old 10-02-2014, 04:42 PM
vantage
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
It is quite clear to me that the "electric adjustment of seat height" is in reference to the 'lightweight bucket seats', not the 'sport bucket seats'.
Ditto. The message is also pretty clear that the impressions are regarding the sport buckets, not the lightweight bucket seats that the U.S. will receive.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:55 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Too much mental masturbation going on with these new bucket seats. They will be awesome. Just get them. If you don't like them, there will be a long line of people willing to trade and give you money for them.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:17 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
They will be awesome. Just get them.
+1
Old 10-02-2014, 05:23 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

I just don't see what the problem is... of course they're height adjustable!

Old 10-02-2014, 05:35 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Too much mental masturbation going on with these new bucket seats. They will be awesome. Just get them. If you don't like them, there will be a long line of people willing to trade and give you money for them.
That is a good point. If I don't fit comfortably, it's good to know I could work out a deal with a sofa seat owner looking for buckets.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:42 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

The triage opportunity with the British and Australian owners who just want a bucket for the driver and a sofa for the passenger remains intriguing.. Albeit quite improbable
Old 10-02-2014, 06:39 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts

I've asked this a few times, with no response... can someone explains this:

- Does 997 GT2 bucket seats fit?
- If not, is it just the wiring harness for Airbags? or it's the height?
- Why wasn't that seat approved for 991, while it was approved for 997?

I asked this as some test videos of GT3 show BOTH seats in the car, like the one by Chris Harris... driver's side is the one in the configurator, while the passenger seat is 997 GT2 bucket seats...
Old 10-02-2014, 06:47 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 129 Posts

Lol.

More than half of Rennlist is entertainment. OK, more than half.

Clocked, don't worry about what's said. No one to delete the thread. I'm already laughing reading about it. Classic.

Personally I think the feedback is good for all 5'9 140 lb. guys for sure. The new thread title should be "One 5'9, 140 lb. man's view of the Sport Buckets"

That way no one can be a critic of the thread.

I especially liked Orthojoe and CAlexio's responses! great!

Carry on.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:55 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Get the buckets, period. Sofas are for snoozing in bumper to bumper traffic and on long-haul trips -- uses for which a gt3 is only wasted. The gt3 is made for fun on back-roads and on the track -- when it wants to talk to you through your whole body -- hence buckets are perfect for it.

Quick Reply: Sport Buckets, details from PNA