Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission Fluid Leak

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 10:32 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

The important thing is they will replace. Yes; they are giving the typical disclosure but if you did not mod. - You will be fine but they probably had to make the statement.

They will do the right thing and I am over joyed that will replace because you trans. will be the guinee pig so the can find and work out any gremlins
Old 10-09-2014, 09:55 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
I have to admit est8esq you have had a rough ride!

I hope they sort this out soon. More importantly I would like to know what was wrong with your transmission. The leaking oil thing is possible to explain but curious as to what was making your second gear shift prickly. Was that low gearbox oil or a damaged cog etc. Although you will probably never be told the final outcome please keep us abreast of findings if any...
It was shifting fine, just leaking.
Since the rest are all trouble free AFAIK I hope its just leaking through a seal somewhere..

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
The important thing is they will replace. Yes; they are giving the typical disclosure but if you did not mod. - You will be fine but they probably had to make the statement.

They will do the right thing and I am over joyed that will replace because you trans. will be the guinee pig so the can find and work out any gremlins
It will be a while before I'd start mucking with these cars.. Lets not give them any reason to dishonor warranty....
Old 10-12-2014, 05:56 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

My 2011 GTS PDK leaked from new. There is a bolt with a hole in it that goes back into the transmission. If it doesn't line up properly it can leak. At least that is what I was told. They replaced the transmission at 2000 mi. with a new one. No questions about how I drove the car.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:01 PM
est8esq
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Got follow up call from Porsche NA which was nice. Playing phone tag.

Spoke to dealer instead and apparently there are no transmissions to be had right now?

More hurry up and waiting...

Missing this week's PCA event.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:59 AM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by est8esq

Spoke to dealer instead and apparently there are no transmissions to be had right now?

Lame- how about taking your loaner and beating on that? You do have a loaner, right?
Old 10-17-2014, 01:18 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Compensation programme in the making LOL! $2500 for the first month $100 a day thereafter ;-)
Old 10-17-2014, 09:04 AM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

That sucks to hear. I too am missing the even this weekend because my last minute wheel bearing project took longer than I expected.

I'll still be up there Sat / Sun watching and helping my brother. You should bring the A8 out again
Old 11-16-2014, 11:04 AM
est8esq
Racer

Default FINALLY PICKED UP

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
That sucks to hear. I too am missing the even this weekend because my last minute wheel bearing project took longer than I expected.

I'll still be up there Sat / Sun watching and helping my brother. You should bring the A8 out again
Haha, were you there that weekend at Mid Ohio? I'll PM you w/ a link to the video. The A8L is as big a pig as anything I've ever driven, but was still fun.

Ok, so I finally picked her up yesterday. Seems to drive fine? Only, it's now winter here in NEOhio and didn't have a chance to shake her down before putting her away. Sebring in January will be next event and now nervous.

Noticed a unfamiliar smell when pulling into garage, but will attribute to brand new parts?

I guess time will tell...
Old 12-25-2014, 08:40 PM
est8esq
Racer

Default Porsche NA Coming Through again

I wanted to let everyone know that Porsche sent me a confirmation and agreement they wanted me to sign that said nothing more than they're sending me a check for $5000 for the two month's downtime and trouble transmission caused?

I received it this week, signed it and am expect a check after the New Year.

My "crown jewel" for HPDE is Winterfest, this time Jan 8-11. Extremely concerned not being able to shake car down prior. But, Porsche's personal touch and efforts at keeping a customer engaged is unbelievable.

Keeping my fingers crossed, but irrespective of the car Porsche gets an A+++++ in my book for the best customer service of any marquee I've ever owned.
Old 12-25-2014, 08:46 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

I wanted to let everyone know that Porsche sent me a confirmation and agreement they wanted me to sign that said nothing more than they're sending me a check for $5000 for the two month's downtime and trouble transmission caused?

I received it this week, signed it and am expect a check after the New Year.

My "crown jewel" for HPDE is Winterfest, this time Jan 8-11. Extremely concerned not being able to shake car down prior. But, Porsche's personal touch and efforts at keeping a customer engaged is unbelievable.

Keeping my fingers crossed, but irrespective of the car Porsche gets an A+++++ in my book for the best customer service of any marquee I've ever owned.
Did the agreement include you not considering lemon lawing the car for that much down time?
Old 01-19-2015, 10:11 AM
est8esq
Racer

Default Everything fine

I realized in seeing a recently posted thread w/ fault codes on their transmission that I never circled back around and want to extend an apology to the forum.

So, the transmission was replaced in November, only in time to put her away. Got her out and shipped down to Sebring, so last weekend was first time I had to "shake her down."

I have had zero problems w/ the car (outside burning up pads and finally replacing front rotors second day of Winterfest. Rear rotors are still good. Car now has around 3500 track miles.) No fluid leaks, smooth shifts and no fault codes.

For whatever it's worth, my transmission replacement did NOT begin w/ any codes whatsoever. It began w/ hard shifts into second, under load. Then, fluid where the car sat along w/ trans fliud all over the rear undercarriage.

Administratively, I did not get a loaner during the two months my car was down because I didn't feel I needed one, so didn't ask. Porsche NA did call periodically to just touch base and keep me posted on delivery of the trans from overseas AND they made payments for my car for the two months it was down (check received last week).

As a car enthusiast, as many cars and marquees I've been privileged to own I've always known the "dealer" experience can make or break relationships and joy of car ownership, but wow... never has it been so highlighted owning this GT3. No, there was no condition precedent about lemon law. Besides, with each and every time I drive this car making me love it more and more, you'd have to pry it from my dead hands : )

Porsche NA, you folks are the bomb. (Dealers, I reserve comment).

Maybe Porsche would consider the Tesla model of direct marketing? (Yeah, yeah, I know I just opened a Pandora's Box )

Quick Reply: Transmission Fluid Leak