Sponsored by:

Start Sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 02:41 AM
bakamon
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reidry
In one of the other threads there is some doom and gloom over the end of the 2014 production. IMHO Porsche has made the decision to keep the 2014 owners group to a specific size, for the moment lets say it's 1000 cars, could certainly be higher. I fully believe that Porsche will offer cash compensation for lost drive time for delivered cars, an extended warranty for all 2014s (I would hope 50k/6yr or better), and perhaps a number of years of scheduled maintenance for all 2014s.

I think that's a pretty good starting position and perhaps that group could also get some additional compensation in the form of a small refund (effectively a discount against MSRP) or as a credit for parts and accessories (think consumables like rotors, pads and tires). It will largely depend on how vocal and focused the entire group can be as well as how much Porsche believes this could affect brand image both through the way they treat 2014 GT3 customers and what happens to 2014 GT3 residual values.

When I was speaking with Ian Moon at PCNA today he stated that they had a number of ideas for the compensation package. If a large group of 2014 owners can coordinate and say exactly the same thing to multiple regions (PCNA, Porsche UK, etc.) it will have greater sway.

Ryan
Below is my ask requirements for the compensation to PAG (didn't be approved/agreed yet), anyone in this "group" welcome to give us your comments to it.

If I take the engine replacement:
1. A loaner and a $150 per day cash refund until my GT3 fixed and returned.
2. No loaner and a $200 per day cash refund until my GT3 fixed and returned.
3. 30% discount against MSRP(w/op) cash refund.
4. Extended 3 years Warranty.
5. All fix and replacement must be down and return my GT3 before June 30, 2014.
※ The per day cash refund compensation counted from Feb. 20, 2014.(stop drive announcement date)
#1 & #2 for the delay and waiting for replacement caused inconvenience.
#3 & #4 for the residual/resale values lost.

If I reorder a 2015 GT3 or RS: (PAG released all 2015 models details but no GT3 only, strangely?)
1. 10% discount against MSRP and $20K free option on order.

Thanks.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:57 AM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^^ Groundhog Day
Old 03-21-2014, 03:14 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Holy crap, thinking the exact same thing. I just want my car. I don't give a fly in' crap what year it is!
Old 03-21-2014, 03:19 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by reidry
In one of the other threads there is some doom and gloom over the end of the 2014 production. IMHO Porsche has made the decision to keep the 2014 owners group to a specific size, for the moment lets say it's 1000 cars, could certainly be higher. I fully believe that Porsche will offer cash compensation for lost drive time for delivered cars, an extended warranty for all 2014s (I would hope 50k/6yr or better), and perhaps a number of years of scheduled maintenance for all 2014s. I think that's a pretty good starting position and perhaps that group could also get some additional compensation in the form of a small refund (effectively a discount against MSRP) or as a credit for parts and accessories (think consumables like rotors, pads and tires). It will largely depend on how vocal and focused the entire group can be as well as how much Porsche believes this could affect brand image both through the way they treat 2014 GT3 customers and what happens to 2014 GT3 residual values. When I was speaking with Ian Moon at PCNA today he stated that they had a number of ideas for the compensation package. If a large group of 2014 owners can coordinate and say exactly the same thing to multiple regions (PCNA, Porsche UK, etc.) it will have greater sway. Ryan
Thanks, Ryan. I've posted elsewhere, but to tie it in with your post, this is what I propose for the 2014 MY owners:

1. All 2014 MY cars should have an extended warranty to 6 years / 100k miles. Also, cover all maintenance (including wear and tear items like brakes). This would be a way for Porsche to stand behind the fix (especially since the majority, if not all) 2014 MY will be engine swapped cars. It would also help support resale values for owners AND encourage them to drive the cars the way they were meant to be driven (HARD!) with full confidence that all is covered, including wear and tear. This last part would also give the 2014s a distinguishing feature, should an initial owner decide to sell it during the warranty / free maintenance period.

2. Owners who took delivery should be compensated with $200 / day from the date of the Stop-Drive until the day they are reunited with their cars and should have a top spec loaner car provided. If no loaner is required / wanted, then a rate of $250 / day. The monetary rate is for loss of use. Also, since this select group was most impacted, perhaps a gesture of goodwill such as a free Porsche Driving School tuition of their choice--keeping in the theme / purpose of the GT3.

3. Owners who did not yet take delivery (cars at factory, ports, dealers) should be compensated with $200 / day from the most recent estimated date of delivery quoted to them prior to the Stop-Sale until the day their cars are finally delivered. For example, if the estimated date of delivery was 3/21 (prior to the Stop-Sale announcement) and the car is finally delivered on 5/2, then 42 days at the rate of $200 / day. The monetary rate is for the delay and also for the fact that cars were sitting for weeks / months on end--and (when delivered) will not be in the same state as vehicles that moved "smoothly" through the order, production, and delivery process.

Porsche has the opportunity to go the extra mile for early adopters of the 991 GT3. There are likely between 785 and 1,000 owners of 2014 MY cars worldwide--a small number of ardent automobile enthusiasts, many of whom are lifelong loyal supporters of the Porsche brand. Protecting this group would be tantamount to protecting the brand and its relationships with this portion of its client base.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:08 AM
bakamon
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Thanks, Ryan. I've posted elsewhere, but to tie it in with your post, this is what I propose for the 2014 MY owners:

1. All 2014 MY cars should have an extended warranty to 6 years / 100k miles. Also, cover all maintenance (including wear and tear items like brakes). This would be a way for Porsche to stand behind the fix (especially since the majority, if not all) 2014 MY will be engine swapped cars. It would also help support resale values for owners AND encourage them to drive the cars the way they were meant to be driven (HARD!) with full confidence that all is covered, including wear and tear. This last part would also give the 2014s a distinguishing feature, should an initial owner decide to sell it during the warranty / free maintenance period.

2. Owners who took delivery should be compensated with $200 / day from the date of the Stop-Drive until the day they are reunited with their cars and should have a top spec loaner car provided. If no loaner is required / wanted, then a rate of $250 / day. The monetary rate is for loss of use. Also, since this select group was most impacted, perhaps a gesture of goodwill such as a free Porsche Driving School tuition of their choice--keeping in the theme / purpose of the GT3.

3. Owners who did not yet take delivery (cars at factory, ports, dealers) should be compensated with $200 / day from the most recent estimated date of delivery quoted to them prior to the Stop-Sale until the day their cars are finally delivered. For example, if the estimated date of delivery was 3/21 (prior to the Stop-Sale announcement) and the car is finally delivered on 5/2, then 42 days at the rate of $200 / day. The monetary rate is for the delay and also for the fact that cars were sitting for weeks / months on end--and (when delivered) will not be in the same state as vehicles that moved "smoothly" through the order, production, and delivery process.

Porsche has the opportunity to go the extra mile for early adopters of the 991 GT3. There are likely between 785 and 1,000 owners of 2014 MY cars worldwide--a small number of ardent automobile enthusiasts, many of whom are lifelong loyal supporters of the Porsche brand. Protecting this group would be tantamount to protecting the brand and its relationships with this portion of its client base.
Hi 0Q991.

To your #1, I have same opinion to the "extended warranty" but don't assent to "free maintenance".
Maintenance cost depends on how and how much you drive/use/expect your car, Porsche shoulder quality guarantee=warranty, users pay running cost.

But I ask them for a 30% discount cash refund it is to cover the resale values lost.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:43 PM
toplabels
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I might be wrong and I don't want to crush some of the compensation dreams here, but I would dare to say that these petitions or potential compensation packages are hopeful at best. Porsche is replacing the motors and thats pretty much it. Listen don't take me wrong I hope each and every 991 GT3 owner affected gets all and more, but seriously I would consider lucky if Porsche decides to extend warranties.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:51 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

+1... A lot of dreamers on this forum IMO. And most if not all will privately be happy with their $300k performance car for $150k. End of the day.. Nothing beats this gt3 at 2x the price, and we all know it
Old 03-21-2014, 04:56 PM
mb97tts
Racer

30% discount? So 150k GT3 for 105K?

Might as well ask for 50% off
Old 03-21-2014, 05:01 PM
AndyBrew
Track Day

I can't see any of this compensation stuff transpiring, certainly not here in the UK, my car was due for delivery at the beginning of March, my OPC seems completely indifferent to the situation and I have had 1 email and 2 letters from PGB stating absolutely nothing about anything!!

Where is the compensation going to come from, christ I would be happy with a date to get my car, a C2S loan car to raz around in would be amazing news, even though I don't really need one, however all I see is a few people on the Internet talking about compensation which quite frankly I find very hard to believe Porsche would entertain.

Who are people approaching with these requests??
Old 03-21-2014, 05:10 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Andy,

Not sure about the UK and EU, but PCNA has been heading the effort and they have explicitly told me several times that Porsche is busy working out the specific details of the "compensation packages" to address owner's fears of "value retention" as well as to "make up for the trouble and inconvenience that this has caused."

^^Those are their words. I would suggest rounding up fellow owners in your region and making calls to your dealer and to the Porsche corporate customer commitment department for your region.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:36 AM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Holy crap, thinking the exact same thing. I just want my car. I don't give a fly in' crap what year it is!
Thanks Cyrek for starting this thread! I agree with you, I can't read the other thread anymore. I get too depressed. It seems like there is a thread for those that turned their cars back, one for those awaiting the engine swap, one for those that are sitting at ports. Now I have a place I can hang out!

I'm like doubleurx, I just want my car. I felt ok when there was a date in the system for completion and delivery, but now it's in limbo. I have come to the conclusion that I just want the GT3 period. I figure if I hope I get a 2014, then I'll get a 2015 and have to wait longer. If I hope I get a 2015, then I'll probably get the last 2014 ever to be made. In reality it doesn't matter. I'm going to keep the car. Maybe they give some discount for the 2014, maybe not. Won't know until you are writing the check. If you turn it down, you won't be going back to the top of the list for 2015s. That wouldn't be fair to the guy behind you. The only way I see I get a 2015 is if they cut off the 2014 line before my build. I don't think I have VIN number yet. I'm going to check on Monday.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:20 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by rubbaman
Thanks Cyrek for starting this thread! I agree with you, I can't read the other thread anymore. I get too depressed. It seems like there is a thread for those that turned their cars back, one for those awaiting the engine swap, one for those that are sitting at ports. Now I have a place I can hang out!

I'm like doubleurx, I just want my car. I felt ok when there was a date in the system for completion and delivery, but now it's in limbo. I have come to the conclusion that I just want the GT3 period. I figure if I hope I get a 2014, then I'll get a 2015 and have to wait longer. If I hope I get a 2015, then I'll probably get the last 2014 ever to be made. In reality it doesn't matter. I'm going to keep the car. Maybe they give some discount for the 2014, maybe not. Won't know until you are writing the check. If you turn it down, you won't be going back to the top of the list for 2015s. That wouldn't be fair to the guy behind you. The only way I see I get a 2015 is if they cut off the 2014 line before my build. I don't think I have VIN number yet. I'm going to check on Monday.
Rob,
FWIW my Sales rep called end of the day Thurs to inform me my order would be m/y 15, the build was latter April had commission # and V blabla
schedule but no VIN assignment yet ,
sure is along movie
Old 03-23-2014, 10:26 AM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
Rob,
FWIW my Sales rep called end of the day Thurs to inform me my order would be m/y 15, the build was latter April had commission # and V blabla
schedule but no VIN assignment yet ,
sure is along movie
That's encouraging! Where is your dealer? Florida? I called my dealer and he emailed the 'scheduler' in Atlanta. That guy is AWOL until 3/31. So, he emailed the regional VP. He promptly shot back, that no decision has been made on moving 2014 builds to 2015. A bunch of BS if your sales rep is correct. But I guess no one wants to commit to anything in an email. So, I'll put some pressure on my guy Monday to get some answer.
Have you changed your build to 2015 config. yet?
Old 03-23-2014, 10:29 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Double Dittos with nipples on top
Old 03-23-2014, 10:30 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

I have a build completion of 4/25 and was told that I could not spec the new options in the configurator....

Quick Reply: Start Sale