Sponsored by:

Harness Bar and Seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 08:42 PM
est8esq
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Harness Bar and Seats

Just had a harness bar and seats installed.

Trying to get better pictures, but here's what I was able to take so far.

Last edited by est8esq; 02-12-2015 at 10:26 PM.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:48 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who makes/sells Bar please? Thanks, Allan
Old 03-09-2014, 08:49 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Nice! Thanks for sharing! I may have to go this route myself...
Old 03-09-2014, 08:51 PM
est8esq
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default GMG Rollbar

Originally Posted by allans
Who makes/sells Bar please? Thanks, Allan
Sorry, I should have included this info.

I ordered from GMG.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:56 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks. Sorry too, I should of asked about "install" time & difficulty? Allan
Old 03-09-2014, 08:58 PM
Nan P
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

That looks Sharp!!!
While I'm sure I know what the outcome of this setup will be on the track, make sure you continue to post your comments on the new setup.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:08 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Great work. Those seats will save you more weight than the half cage and belts added I suspect (and feel so much damn better/connected on the road)...
Old 03-09-2014, 09:26 PM
997TTMeteor
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by est8esq
Just had a harness bar and seats installed.

Trying to get better pictures, but here's what I was able to take so far.
Looks great – thanks for the pics. I’m planning to get the GMG bar as well.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:33 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome. Two questions:

1-If you drive this car frequently, not just on track, how difficult is it to get in and out of those seats?
2-Why did you put different seats on each side?
Old 03-09-2014, 10:06 PM
997TTMeteor
Pro

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Awesome. Two questions:

1-If you drive this car frequently, not just on track, how difficult is it to get in and out of those seats?
2-Why did you put different seats on each side?
That Halo seat will offer incredible support with those lower & side bolsters, but it’s a bitch to get in & out of – not good for street driving (and halo’s are illegal here in Ontario for street driving, not sure about various States?), but AWESOME for track driving. If you want to run a harness, get WAY better support than the stock seats and still be able to get in/out (reasonably) easily there are lots of options. I’m installing a Recaro Pole Position seat (+ Schroth 6-point) that I ran last season. It has much less support than the seat in est8esq’s car (and won’t protect your neck in a lateral impact like that seat) but it’s a good all-rounder, and again, WAY better than the standard seats. You feel so much more connected to the car & the road, and can stop violently bracing yourself. Huge upgrade. Just make sure you try a seat (actually sit in it) before you buy. Deferent seats for different body types.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:11 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Originally Posted by 997TTMeteor
That Halo seat will offer incredible support with those lower & side bolsters, but it’s a bitch to get in & out of – not good for street driving (and halo’s are illegal here in Ontario for street driving, not sure about various States?), but AWESOME for track driving. If you want to run a harness, get WAY better support than the stock seats and still be able to get in/out (reasonably) easily there are lots of options. I’m installing a Recaro Pole Position seat (+ Schroth 6-point) that I ran last season. It has much less support than the seat in est8esq’s car (and won’t protect your neck in a lateral impact like that seat) but it’s a good all-rounder, and again, WAY better than the standard seats. You feel so much more connected to the car & the road, and can stop violently bracing yourself. Huge upgrade. Just make sure you try a seat (actually sit in it) before you buy. Deferent seats for different body types.
Gotcha, thanks. I understand the seat sizes and shapes are different but is the seat back incline angle standard on all or do they vary as well? When I get a bucket seat, I would like to get one with more inclined back than average.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:13 PM
997TTMeteor
Pro

BTW, a Recaro Pole Position is very similar to the passenger seat in est8esq’s car (which I think is a Recaro Profi XL, another good all-round seat, just a slightly different fit).
Old 03-09-2014, 10:20 PM
997TTMeteor
Pro

Gotcha, thanks. I understand the seat sizes and shapes are different but is the seat back incline angle standard on all or do they vary as well? When I get a bucket seat, I would like to get one with more inclined back than average.
I think most of them are fixed at similar angles, but if you get it installed and you are really uncomfortable, adjustments can be made to change the angle. I thought the same thing before I put in my PP, but it’s actually perfect on-track. It’s definitely more upright than I would position a “Sport Seat” but in a fixed bucket, it feels right (for me, anyway).
Old 03-09-2014, 10:39 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Originally Posted by 997TTMeteor
I think most of them are fixed at similar angles, but if you get it installed and you are really uncomfortable, adjustments can be made to change the angle. I thought the same thing before I put in my PP, but it’s actually perfect on-track. It’s definitely more upright than I would position a “Sport Seat” but in a fixed bucket, it feels right (for me, anyway).
Thanks. What about something like this:
https://www.recaro-automotive.com/us...uct/sport.html
Old 03-09-2014, 10:52 PM
997TTMeteor
Pro

Thanks. What about something like this:
https://www.recaro-automotive.com/us...uct/sport.html
I don’t think that one would give you much more support than the stock seats. The harness would help, but if you’re gonna do it, my suggestion would be to go a bit further. If you really want a folding feature, I think this one from Status looks pretty good (and it reclines), but I don’t know anyone who’s used it:
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: Harness Bar and Seats