Sponsored by:

All GT3's recalled

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 10:44 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
No doubt, great service by Porsche, but still not up to the standards of your avatar.
It's possible that Friedrich Schiller had form and substance like her's in mind when he wrote of the possibility of aesthetic enlightenment through feminine beauty.

I certainly feel elevated.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:56 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 930man
Btw I love this freaking car!! Best 911 ever produced !!! Glad I just had open heart surgery and least I know I can't drive for 2 weeks anyway!
Wishing you a quick recovery Matt.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:17 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crazy.. hoping it's just a longer or better torqued Oil Cooler Bolt or seal.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:24 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

^^Indeed.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:34 PM
mshahidz
Advanced

Just got an email to book our tow truck! What a bummer
Old 02-21-2014, 12:09 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 930man
Btw I love this freaking car!! Best 911 ever produced !!! Glad I just had open heart surgery and least I know I can't drive for 2 weeks anyway!
Glad you are OK, and wish you speedy recovery. Mark
Old 02-21-2014, 12:29 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

I got the call early morning from Sunset Porsche Service manager who offered to send a tow truck, or whatever is most convenient for me. However I had few meetings in the AM, and told him I will drop it off, which I did around noon time, and they gave me the option to choose between 2014 panorama 4S and 2013 cayenne S for my loaner, and I opted for the Panorama. See pictures below for loaner.
The service manager and my salesman were very apologetic and indicated most likely there will be some compensation for owners who paid cash for the car like myself, besides possibly throwing in the bluetooth hands free module for free, but also indicating they really have no specific instructions of what to do with the cars once they have them. They just wanted the cars back ASAP for liability reasons, and the service manager indicated it will probably be more than a week if not much longer before getting the car back. So PCNA is still keeping the dealers in the dark, and most of what we are hearing on the forums are still speculation at this point.
Hope for resolution soon.
Mark

Last edited by mqandil; 03-09-2015 at 12:09 AM.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:32 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by mqandil
I got the call early morning from Sunset Porsche Service manager who offered to send a tow truck, or whatever is most convenient for me. However I had few meetings in the AM, and told him I will drop it off, which I did around noon time, and they gave me the option to choose between 2014 panorama 4S and 2013 cayenne S for my loaner, and I opted for the Panorama. See pictures below for loaner.
The service manager and my salesman were very apologetic and indicated most likely there will be some compensation for owners who paid cash for the car like myself, besides possibly throwing in the bluetooth hands free module for free, but also indicating they really have no specific instructions of what to do with the cars once they have them. They just wanted the cars back ASAP for liability reasons, and the service manager indicated it will probably be more than a week if not much longer before getting the car back. So PCNA is still keeping the dealers in the dark, and most of what we are hearing on the forums are still speculation at this point.
Hope for resolution soon.
Mark
PCNA contacted me directly and offered to either pick up the car or have me keep it until they determined whether my car was even affected. I opted to keep it in my own garage since I didn't want it sitting at the dealer for the next week or two while they figure out what to do with it.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:51 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
PCNA contacted me directly and offered to either pick up the car or have me keep it until they determined whether my car was even affected. I opted to keep it in my own garage since I didn't want it sitting at the dealer for the next week or two while they figure out what to do with it.
This car sitting in my garage is too much temptation. I don't trust myself not having my hands in the cookie jar. After all I could not resist couple of weeks ago and ended up driving it in the snow. I really love driving this car. I am better off with the trial separation.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:58 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by mqandil
This car sitting in my garage is too much temptation. I don't trust myself not having my hands in the cookie jar. After all I could not resist couple of weeks ago and ended up driving it in the snow. I really love driving this car. I am better off with the trial separation.
TEHO....
Old 02-21-2014, 01:33 PM
mike_la_jolla
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyBahamas
Honestly, the level of service here is pretty freakin' awesome and, if anything, makes me MORE a P-car fanatic than less of one.
I've been lurking here, but frankly I remain thoroughly unimpressed. I was told to 'learn how to drive' by a VP at Porsche after I complained loudly here about the disaster that was the 996 Turbo transmission. In that case, Porsche CLEARLY DID *NOT* stand by the product. In this case of spontaneously combusting 991 GT3s, Porsche has no choice. But if they did, my experience with Porsche in the recent past makes me think they would blame the driver for the equivalent of a REV2 violation and tell him and everybody else to go pound sand.

My 997GT3 just went back and I'm still looking at getting a 991GT3, but the wussified clutch issue dictated by the marketing department gives me pause ... Real cars in this category have clutches. But THAT issue has been beaten to death here ... and those of us that actually like to *drive* our cars lost. And lost BIG.

PS -- Everything that has transpired here reminds me of the rule that no Porsche should be bought in the first model year. I made THAT mistake with both the 996 and 996TT. At least the 996 merely squeaked mercilessly. And the 996TT just blew out transmissions. 'Burning to the ground' is a new one for the first model year ...

Last edited by mike_la_jolla; 02-21-2014 at 05:10 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:48 PM
SPD YLO
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

free fire extinguisher?
Old 02-21-2014, 01:56 PM
Dude-
Pro

Originally Posted by SPD YLO
free fire extinguisher?
I forgot to order that option so if they offer that for free, I will be very happy.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:34 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,150 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by SPD YLO
free fire extinguisher?
Some may misunderstand this gesture as lack of confidence in the repair
Old 02-21-2014, 02:41 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
Some may misunderstand this gesture as lack of confidence in the repair
Touche. However, don't be surprised if Porsche sneaks in an automatic engine bay halon fire extinguishing system when they perform the repairs to the 991 GT3.

Quick Reply: All GT3's recalled