Pro

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Attached Images  
Old 03-09-2014, 10:23 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks Late
Days are getting longer every day until we hear back from Mr. Porsche.
Could not stop looking at the white TT-S with the clear TL. I goofed up removing this option. It is a must have for me now and the price isn't too bad. Cant wait to see my car specially with the blacked out headlights. I removed the white dials and later kicked myself. When I tried to add it the window was closed. Oh well. Next time.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:35 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Originally Posted by Nick
Did your dealer get confirmation that your car was released from PDI? I know the Porsche system is showing it has but often the system does not reflect accurately.

Nick, dealer tried calning port late Friday but couldn't get a hold of the Port guy. What i posted is what shows up in their system and it has finished PDI but not released for transportation. I bet that happens after Porsche Stop lift. I am hoping no other work is needed but I could be wrong and we could get the worse news. Who knows. Its all up in the air now We will know next Wed. I am hoping for a delivery in two weeks.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:36 PM
997TTMeteor
Pro

Originally Posted by silverrules
Thanks Late
Could not stop looking at the white TT-S with the clear TL. I goofed up removing this option. It is a must have for me now and the price isn't too bad. Cant wait to see my car specially with the blacked out headlights. I removed the white dials and later kicked myself. When I tried to add it the window was closed. Oh well. Next time.
I saw a white one with black PDLS @ my dealer yesterday. It looked awesome. And don't worry, it looked good with red taillights.
Attached Images   
Old 03-09-2014, 10:47 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Originally Posted by 997TTMeteor
I saw a white one with black PDLS @ my dealer yesterday. It looked awesome. And don't worry, it looked good with red taillights.
Thanks 997TTM for posting these pics. I love it.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:18 PM
997TTMeteor
Pro

Thanks 997TTM for posting these pics. I love it.
Another one for ya
Attached Images  
Old 03-10-2014, 12:05 AM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Late
Ha Ha.. y Silver.. I wanted to shoot my self for missing a couple options, but got over it when I saw the car... then totally when I drove it and had that first PDK 100ms shift.. -- Nirvana --- Alway next time. .That configurater is a monster..
Old 03-12-2014, 09:30 PM
silverrules
Drifting

My dealer called the SD port and she said my car is still there and they are waiting for instruction from Porsche. Port guy said they don't know if they are doing the fixing or the dealer. I asked my SA to send an email to her rep and see what she can find out. I will let you guys know if something comes up. So no news today is good news, I guess.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:36 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks, Silverrules.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:53 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Our cars been sitting at the port since March 6. This tells me the work will be done either at the port or they are going back to factory. I have a hunch the factory will do the engine swap to restore confidence in 2014's. Glovis Condor all over again?
Old 03-26-2014, 01:56 AM
silverrules
Drifting

They could have shipped these cars back to factory and have it all ready for the engine swap rather than sitting at the port for this long. Another boo boo by Porsche.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:58 AM
MyenShi
Rennlist Member

Our cars been sitting at the port since March 6. This tells me the work will be done either at the port or they are going back to factory. I have a hunch the factory will do the engine swap to restore confidence in 2014's. Glovis Condor all over again?
My car has been there since February 12th. My sales rep and service manager believe the car will be shipped through and the swap done at the dealership. Won't know for certain for another two weeks or so, most likely.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:12 AM
silverrules
Drifting

If it is going to the dealers then the question is why they haven't shipped the cars to dealers and store them inside instead let them sit outside since February?
Old 03-26-2014, 03:17 AM
MyenShi
Rennlist Member

If it is going to the dealers then the question is why they haven't shipped the cars to dealers and store them inside instead let them sit outside since February?
I agree, and I'm certainly not happy my car has been sitting there for 6 weeks. Don't think we'll know the real answer unless PAG deigns to inform us. My guess is that they didn't want the cars to be moved at all while they were investigating the cause.

Perhaps the cars will now be cleared to drive the short distance on or off a boat or to the dealer, unless they want to go the flatbed route again. We'll see.

All told, in the interest of expediting this whole process, returning the cars to the factory seems very unlikely. That would take another few months, and that'd be pushing it, even for me. Plus I imagine the factory already has its hands full with cars on the line and all the GT3's yet to be shipped.

I trust my dealer to do the swap properly. The procedure seems straightforward enough.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:27 AM
HB Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the cars haven't been sent to the dealers because they will be invoiced. I believe Porsche invoices the cars when they leave the port to the dealers. The dealers don't want a $150k tied up for months on end because they know I'm not going to pay until the engine has been swapped and a compensation package has been agreed upon. Just my take though.

Quick Reply: Port Emden entry