Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which color do you think looks best on the 991 GT3?
White
28.89%
Black
5.53%
Racing Yellow
5.33%
Guards Red
9.84%
Basalt Black Metallic
2.66%
Rodhium Silver Metallic
4.51%
Dark Blue Metallic
3.48%
Sapphire Blue Metallic
9.43%
Mahogany Metallic
0.61%
Agate Grey Metallic
8.40%
GT Silver Metallic
7.58%
Anthracite Brown Metallic
0.20%
Amaranth Red Metallic
1.02%
Lime Gold Metallic
1.23%
none of the above, I will be getting my special color
11.27%
Voters: 488. You may not vote on this poll

Best Color for the New GT3

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 10:18 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Nick is insane.
You probably are right.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:29 AM
ToyGuyAZ
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My vote is White and PTS Riviera Blue
Old 07-10-2013, 10:13 AM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by reidry
I viewed Rhodium Silver in the flesh today at Capital Porsche in Tallahassee. As always colors cannot be judged by looking at pictures on the net.

Based on internet pictures I expected the color to be very bright, brilliant, and white.

In person Rhodium Silver was more muted than expected and has a definite blue / violet cast. Completely different feel than either GT Silver or Platinum Silver. The metal flake was very fine, I had to get within 2 feet or so of the finish to see the flakes.

Ryan
I think Rhodium may be a fine choice for a silver fan that isn't emotionally invested in GT Silver or can't justify the 3k. For me it didn't grab me, so no Rhodium on my GT3.

My wife has relented on yellow after some reading and agreement that the car will see track time and white will be easier to maintain.

So my color of choice will be White with blacked out headlights and platinum wheels. I'll evaluate the platinum wheels in person and if not dark enough then I will be looking to repaint to Satin black wheels.

I am also considering taking the car to one of the high end paint protection film and vinyl graphics shops. How does the Xpel or similar product cleanup after track sessions?

Ryan
Old 07-10-2013, 10:23 AM
991 3Turbo
Racer

[QUOTE=reidry;10599342]I think Rhodium may be a fine choice for a silver fan that isn't emotionally invested in GT Silver or can't justify the 3k. For me it didn't grab me, so no Rhodium on my GT3.

My wife has relented on yellow after some reading and agreement that the car will see track time and white will be easier to maintain.

So my color of choice will be White with blacked out headlights and platinum wheels. I'll evaluate the platinum wheels in person and if not dark enough then I will be looking to repaint to Satin black wheels.

I am also considering taking the car to one of the high end paint protection film and vinyl graphics shops. How does the Xpel or similar product cleanup after track sessions?

Ryan[/QUOT

Great choices. My wife fighting me on white. I have never had white car but this looks stunning. The white is going to make the width of the car quite intimidating in person!
Old 07-10-2013, 11:57 AM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 72 Posts

[QUOTE=991 3Turbo;10599368]
Originally Posted by reidry
I think Rhodium may be a fine choice for a silver fan that isn't emotionally invested in GT Silver or can't justify the 3k. For me it didn't grab me, so no Rhodium on my GT3.

Ryan[/QUOT

Great choices. My wife fighting me on white. I have never had white car but this looks stunning. The white is going to make the width of the car quite intimidating in person!
Why don't you order the factory black painted wheels? They are only $600 or so.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:23 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,491 Likes on 2,272 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Mooty, I love the way you communicate.

Plus, I tend to agree with everything you post.
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Nick is insane.
well, reter, looks like we have to welcome insane nick into the club
Old 07-10-2013, 06:31 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=Nick;10599587]
Originally Posted by 991 3Turbo

Why don't you order the factory black painted wheels? They are only $600 or so.
I was thinking matte to satin black, the factory ones are stated as"high gloss"

Ryan
Old 07-13-2013, 04:47 PM
Gros Chien
Rennlist Member

Mine will be RS Orange, Black wheels and some black add-on (mirrors and tip of rear wing)
Old 07-13-2013, 05:15 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default 'RS Orange' is history...

Originally Posted by Gros Chien
Mine will be RS Orange, Black wheels and some black add-on (mirrors and tip of rear wing)
Don't think you will be able to get that color. 'RS Orange' has not been allowed on any Porsche model starting with MY2011 due to paint compatibility issues. The last 'RS Orange' via PTS was in MY2010. Suggest you get familiar with 'Pastell Orange' or 'Gulf Orange'.

See post #121 at link below:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...and-you-9.html

Best of luck with your PTS order in any case!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Old 07-13-2013, 07:05 PM
gt3racerich
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Don't think you will be able to get that color. 'RS Orange' has not been allowed on any Porsche model starting with MY2011 due to paint compatibility issues. The last 'RS Orange' via PTS was in MY2010. Suggest you get familiar with 'Pastell Orange' or 'Gulf Orange'.

See post #121 at link below:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...and-you-9.html

Best of luck with your PTS order in any case!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Gulf Orange is available for PTS?
Eduardo, do you work for Porsche?
Rich
Old 07-13-2013, 07:49 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by gt3racerich
Gulf Orange is available for PTS?
Yes, hard to believe but true! 'Gulf Orange' is approved but 'Gulf Blue' (a hue more in demand in PTS circles) is not! See attached link which is the latest PCNA list of approved PTS colors for the 991/981 and Panamera.

Originally Posted by gt3racerich
Eduardo, do you work for Porsche?
No - that is why I am currently driving an Audi R8 Spyder! My 'Custom Ordering, Porsche Exclusive and You' thread was an attempt to help out other potential Porsche buyers after I spent quite a bit of time learning about 'Porsche Exclusive' when I custom ordered of a MY2012 Boxster Spyder!

https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...tom-order.html

I also learned quite a bit from previously owning a custom ordered MY2007 Carrera S in PTS 'Signal Green'! The 'Custom Ordering, Porsche Exclusive & You' thread has nearly 41,000 views on just one forum - Rennlist 991! And I never finished my task since 'Porsche Exclusive' didn't fully cooperate in answering questions I had re: their options.

So, no, I don't work for Porsche. If I did, more Porsche customers would have a greater understanding of how 'Porsche Exclusive' actually works and about all the interesting & beautiful things one can do in customizing a Porsche model in modern times! And from Porsche & PCNA's perspective, I can assure you that the potential for maximizing profits using 'Porsche Exclusive' has not been fully tapped in this country or in any other Porsche world market for that matter! So the need for such a 'job' is still there!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Presently in Vail Valley, CO
Attached Images
Old 07-13-2013, 09:51 PM
gt3racerich
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Yes, hard to believe but true! 'Gulf Orange' is approved but 'Gulf Blue' (a hue more in demand in PTS circles) is not! See attached link which is the latest PCNA list of approved PTS colors for the 991/981 and Panamera.

No - that is why I am currently driving an Audi R8 Spyder! My 'Custom Ordering, Porsche Exclusive and You' thread was an attempt to help out other potential Porsche buyers after I spent quite a bit of time learning about 'Porsche Exclusive' when I custom ordered of a MY2012 Boxster Spyder!

https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...tom-order.html

I also learned quite a bit from previously owning a custom ordered MY2007 Carrera S in PTS 'Signal Green'! The 'Custom Ordering, Porsche Exclusive & You' thread has nearly 41,000 views on just one forum - Rennlist 991! And I never finished my task since 'Porsche Exclusive' didn't fully cooperate in answering questions I had re: their options.

So, no, I don't work for Porsche. If I did, more Porsche customers would have a greater understanding of how 'Porsche Exclusive' actually works and about all the interesting & beautiful things one can do in customizing a Porsche model in modern times! And from Porsche & PCNA's perspective, I can assure you that the potential for maximizing profits using 'Porsche Exclusive' has not been fully tapped in this country or in any other Porsche world market for that matter! So the need for such a 'job' is still there!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Presently in Vail Valley, CO
You are right, it would be nice if more people knew how Porsche Exclusive worked.
Most salesman are not much help.
Thanks for the info.
Rich
Old 07-14-2013, 03:13 AM
Gros Chien
Rennlist Member

Well, if I can't get RS orange (witch was confirmed with SM at my dealership) then I will go with PTS Speed Yellow or Gulf Orange (Can't make my mind yet but no hurry, I'm only #4 on the list).
And BTW thanks for the input Eduardo.

Last edited by Gros Chien; 07-14-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:47 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

There I go.. Curious George.. Gonna have to read that whole yhread
Old 07-14-2013, 10:53 PM
991GT3
Instructor

Hello all,

This is my first post on Rennlist. The last weeks I have been enjoying this site very much! So first of all I would like to thank you all for helping me make my decision because I could find a lot of information here.

Last week I ordered my first Porsche. I went for a 991 GT3 in white. Delivery is scheduled for october.

https://rennlist.com/forums/graemlins/offtopic.gif
Quick question; Is there somebody who knows how to solve the issue that Porsche offers no Park Assist? Because i am going to use it as a daily drive this is the only option I miss.
Does anyone have an aftermarket system to recommend?https://rennlist.com/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif

Kind regards!

H

Quick Reply: Best Color for the New GT3