Sponsored by:

New BBS FI-R wheels and BBI exhaust GT3

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 04:54 PM
99Gdzra
Pro

Received 213 Likes on 180 Posts
Default New BBS FI-R wheels and BBI exhaust GT3

Just ordered new exhaust and wheels for my newly acquired 991.2 GT3... exhaust was supposed to show up today, and wheels next week. I’ll post pics when I get everything on the car.

Curious if anyone on here has these wheels and exhaust cares to comment on their opinion regarding its fitment to this platform? This car is taking some getting used to going from a high hp McLaren and several other high hp cars previous to my last two Macs. I had a 997 TTS before those and a 1k hp C7 Corvette so this car feels painfully slow right now. Just want it to sound better, and hopefully look a bit different/better than every other 991 GT3 I see on the road.
Old 05-07-2019, 05:05 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 552 Likes on 317 Posts

Thank you for the order and looking forward to see your car!!!

- jerry@bbiautosport.com

Bringing Passion, Artistry, Craft to the Porsche Tuning Industry
Southern California's Porsche Performance Tuning, Engine Development,
ECU Software Tuning, Custom Fabrication, Race Preparation & Factory Service Center
Website: www.bbiautosport.com Email: sales@bbiautosport.com Phone: (714) 843-0200
Follow Us On: Facebook & Instagram
Old 05-07-2019, 05:15 PM
99Gdzra
Pro

Thanks, yeah FedEx wouldn’t leave the exhaust at my door without a signature... so I’m going to go try to track them down after work. Hopefully I can find it at my local FedEx store, otherwise it’ll be tomorrow before I get it.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:57 PM
RDCR
Rennlist Member

Received 591 Likes on 367 Posts

Love mine. Perfect fit IMHO.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:08 PM
99Gdzra
Pro

Originally Posted by RDCR

Love mine. Perfect fit IMHO.
Thank you for posting those pics... which color are those?
Old 05-07-2019, 11:59 PM
Akunob
Race Car

Received 898 Likes on 569 Posts

Love my FI-Rs, platinum gloss finish. Great wheels for the GT3!
Old 05-08-2019, 12:15 AM
99Gdzra
Pro

Originally Posted by Akunob

Love my FI-Rs, platinum gloss finish. Great wheels for the GT3!
They look killer on your car... I’m worried they’re not going to suit my tastes on my Sapphire Blue... we’ll see.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:34 AM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 87 Posts

I have a BBi bypass (valves disconnected) on my GT3RS and it's one of the best sounding cars I've ever heard (admittedly biased). I suspect you'll be very happy with your decision.
Old 05-08-2019, 08:54 AM
99Gdzra
Pro

I ordered the center section muffler delete... wonder if it’ll sound as good as your RS?
Old 05-08-2019, 10:41 AM
RDCR
Rennlist Member

Received 591 Likes on 367 Posts

The Platinum silver color on the FI-Rs wouldn't be my first choice on a GT silver car like mine but I bought my set here on Rennlist used so no choice in the matter. I don't care for the black version though as I think the detail in the wheel spokes gets lost. I've seen a picture somewhere of a set of these stripped down to bare Alu and clearcoated and they really looked sharp. I keep telling myself "function over form" so I'm resisting having that done. The weight difference between the FI-rs and OEM wheels is very noticable.

I've heard the BBI cmb and I think you'll be happy with the noise level & sound. I ended up the the JCR silenced center bypass because I need to quiet the car down for Laguna. The JCR has a geat sound with valves open and does a reasonable job quieting down the car with them closed. It was the only CMB I could find with both silencers in the secondary path and an OEM tip mounting flange so I can run sweeps when needed. I do really like their Titanium tips as well.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:01 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 28 Posts

BBS FI-R are my favorite wheels for the GT3. I may upgrade to them one day myself.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:10 AM
99Gdzra
Pro

Originally Posted by RDCR
The Platinum silver color on the FI-Rs wouldn't be my first choice on a GT silver car like mine but I bought my set here on Rennlist used so no choice in the matter. I don't care for the black version though as I think the detail in the wheel spokes gets lost. I've seen a picture somewhere of a set of these stripped down to bare Alu and clearcoated and they really looked sharp. I keep telling myself "function over form" so I'm resisting having that done. The weight difference between the FI-rs and OEM wheels is very noticable.

I've heard the BBI cmb and I think you'll be happy with the noise level & sound. I ended up the the JCR silenced center bypass because I need to quiet the car down for Laguna. The JCR has a geat sound with valves open and does a reasonable job quieting down the car with them closed. It was the only CMB I could find with both silencers in the secondary path and an OEM tip mounting flange so I can run sweeps when needed. I do really like their Titanium tips as well.
Thank you for your opinions, and comments... great info! I have the chance to have those wheels re powder coated, but I’d lose the structural warranty from BBS if I were to do that because it’s a third party that would be doing the re coating. I’m not willing to take the risk of having a damaged wheel in shipment and be out the cost of a new wheel because I had these re coated. If I decide I don’t like the color on my blue car I can always get them done at a later time, right.

As as far as the exhaust goes, I’m sure I’ll be happy with that. I know they make great products, and it couldn’t help but sound better than stock... SOOOOO QUIET! My last 4-5 cars have been extremely loud and although I’m not a loud pipes loving kinda guy by nature, it seems to come with the territory of modding a car. High hp equals loud car. Ha!
Old 05-08-2019, 11:20 AM
99Gdzra
Pro

Originally Posted by Jon70
BBS FI-R are my favorite wheels for the GT3. I may upgrade to them one day myself.
I had HRE’s and Forgelines on all my previous cars, and considered those for this car as well, but I saw a TTS with these FI-R wheels on it and it looked very nice. I love the reliefs cut in the spokes and although it’s meant to lightened the wheels, it’s also aesthetically pleasing to the eye, in my opinion.
Old 05-08-2019, 03:28 PM
PorscheFrank
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 05-08-2019, 06:02 PM
Akunob
Race Car

Received 898 Likes on 569 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheFrank
Hot damn!! Now that's a sweet set-up! Love it...

Quick Reply: New BBS FI-R wheels and BBI exhaust GT3