Sponsored by:

CPO GT3s lined up for sale - local dealer

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 12:26 PM
iphilips
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Yes because the Taycan will be a "limited" production car.
I was told this when I was buying my Macan. "Nobody sells below MSRP, these are very exclusive and limited cars".

If I had a $ for every dealer lie that a punter accepted on face value ........
Old 03-25-2019, 12:54 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
The gelbgrun car is my former car - 2000 miles and it's at MSRP with CPO. It's been there for a month. Crazy!
Great looking car........stood out at the line-up....
Old 03-25-2019, 01:07 PM
USNA12
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by iphilips
Takes a lot more to offend me 😀

At the time he sells it to you he is denying the market access to that vehicle. Maybe some other punter would pay more or he'd get a trade, likely for less. Either way this off market transaction hurts other buyers, why should you get the deal? Just bc you have a relationship? How is that different to dealers and flippers? He's holding back inventory.

Please stop with the self depreciation though. Any transaction for a luxury good is really a conversation about priority. It's not your priority to pay what the market is asking, and that's your choice and there is nothing bad about that.
Excuse my ignorance, but how would it hurt other buyers? Neither of us would discuss prices, so the market wouldn't see an outlier pop up. And as I previously stated, not everyone is out to be a dealer or a flipper. Nothing wrong with those though, if you have the money to spend, hell go for it!! I'd be buying a Citation X if I could afford it, and be flying it myself taking my puppy all over the world.

But back to the topic, I really don't get why you're so triggered by the fact that a friend would give another friend a good deal? Are you then saying that I would be selfish for accepting a vehicle if it was priced lower than market value, or that the seller would be a buffoon? You would surely hate me. I have always sold anything I have owned to a friend for less than what I was offered by other parties, because of the relationship I had with them. I wouldn't have prioritized/purchased my current peasant-mobile had it not been for a friend reaching out and giving it to me for a steal, when they could have easily gotten another $13k-$15k selling it to someone else. But alas, the market for 2009 997.1 Turbos didn't crash because I didn't brag about the exact price to anyone, and because I plan on driving it until the wheels fall off so it will never go up for sale again. Same as I will do with the 991.2 whenever that happens
Old 03-25-2019, 01:35 PM
iphilips
Racer

Originally Posted by USNA12
Excuse my ignorance, but how would it hurt other buyers? Neither of us would discuss prices, so the market wouldn't see an outlier pop up. And as I previously stated, not everyone is out to be a dealer or a flipper. Nothing wrong with those though, if you have the money to spend, hell go for it!! I'd be buying a Citation X if I could afford it, and be flying it myself taking my puppy all over the world.

But back to the topic, I really don't get why you're so triggered by the fact that a friend would give another friend a good deal? Are you then saying that I would be selfish for accepting a vehicle if it was priced lower than market value, or that the seller would be a buffoon? You would surely hate me. I have always sold anything I have owned to a friend for less than what I was offered by other parties, because of the relationship I had with them. I wouldn't have prioritized/purchased my current peasant-mobile had it not been for a friend reaching out and giving it to me for a steal, when they could have easily gotten another $13k-$15k selling it to someone else. But alas, the market for 2009 997.1 Turbos didn't crash because I didn't brag about the exact price to anyone, and because I plan on driving it until the wheels fall off so it will never go up for sale again. Same as I will do with the 991.2 whenever that happens
My points is dealers, buyers, punters, flippers, brokers, friends, wives, girlfriends pretty much anybody that is involved in buying or selling a luxury good will do what is in their best interest AND to find a way to make a deal work. So you and your friend found a deal that works (I dunno, maybe he loses some $ but doesn't need to hear you whine about what you can or can't afford any more, *cough*) stealers that charge ADM and sell to punters made a deal that works, dealers that sell at MSRP to the average buyer made a deal that works too. So if a dealer wants to charge ADM, hold inventory, sell to flippers.. that's no different to you making a deal with your mate .. all transactions result in a deal that works for both parties no matter how you get there.
Old 03-25-2019, 01:45 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by iphilips
My points is dealers, buyers, punters, flippers, brokers, friends, wives, girlfriends pretty much anybody that is involved in buying or selling a luxury good will do what is in their best interest AND to find a way to make a deal work. So you and your friend found a deal that works (I dunno, maybe he loses some $ but doesn't need to hear you whine about what you can or can't afford any more, *cough*) stealers that charge ADM and sell to punters made a deal that works, dealers that sell at MSRP to the average buyer made a deal that works too. So if a dealer wants to charge ADM, hold inventory, sell to flippers.. that's no different to you making a deal with your mate .. all transactions result in a deal that works for both parties no matter how you get there.
What are you talking about?!?
Old 03-25-2019, 01:51 PM
PwAg
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 996AE
The P car mania may be showing signs that the bull has run out of steam.
It's been well under way for some time. The drastic drop in 991.1 GT3 RS in last 6 months has been eye-opening. Just in the last few months there was another drop from 185-195k to 170-180k for similar spec/lower end of market. Won't be surprised to see $140-150's by next winter, decent spec w ~5k mi for $160's. Market full of dreamers.

Old 03-25-2019, 01:52 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 515 Posts

I think they mean do what you want with your money
Old 03-25-2019, 02:04 PM
venom51
Burning Brakes

Received 230 Likes on 135 Posts

I'll look around to see how many are on the lot when I drop the GT4 off next Monday for service.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:05 PM
996AE
Rennlist Member

Received 1,450 Likes on 956 Posts

Yes.

Lots of ways to spend your money.

When everyone has a P car time to get a car not everyone has. And, I think Porsche has pushed the brand too far. Everything is cyclical and this one may have run its course.

If the stock market tanks, and a recession hits, katie bar the door.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:19 PM
RossP
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by PwAg
It's been well under way for some time. The drastic drop in 991.1 GT3 RS in last 6 months has been eye-opening. Just in the last few months there was another drop from 185-195k to 170-180k for similar spec/lower end of market. Won't be surprised to see $140-150's by next winter, decent spec w ~5k mi for $160's. Market full of dreamers.
Yep. Which in turn puts more downward pressure on the 991.1 GT3s.

I know people tend to balk at BAT, but it is a valid data point.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...e-911-gt3rs-8/
Old 03-25-2019, 02:21 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 931 Likes on 534 Posts

I don't mind at all if everyone has a GT car as long as they are great cars , i will keep buying them
but as i stated before we have to adjust entry point so you don't get killed on exit
Old 03-25-2019, 03:33 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by pitt911
I don't mind at all if everyone has a GT car as long as they are great cars
+1 in my view if all the cars on the road were Sennas, LaFes and RSs, the world would be a much better place.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:48 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
LOL - when you figure out let me know..
Old 03-25-2019, 09:44 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

Originally Posted by RossP
Yep. Which in turn puts more downward pressure on the 991.1 GT3s.

I know people tend to balk at BAT, but it is a valid data point.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...e-911-gt3rs-8/
Press car AC and radio delete
Old 03-25-2019, 10:13 PM
iphilips
Racer

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
Let me simplify... there is no point whining and crying about the costs of these cars .. you either have the money now, or you don't.

Quick Reply: CPO GT3s lined up for sale - local dealer