Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ample availability of .2 RS cars at MSRP... a myth!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 02:33 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts
Default Ample availability of .2 RS cars at MSRP... a myth!

There's been much banter, usually by non RS owners, about tons of .2 RS's available at MSRP. Where are they? I can't find any.
We have a list of Smokies who would snap them up.

p.s. lets not make this a debate about MSRP vs ADM (low or high it doesn't matter adm is adm).
Old 02-21-2019, 02:42 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Where is all the banter?....from what I've seen over the years is that most in the "MSRP" crowd have a good relationship with a dealer....a few got lucky.....I think a lot of people also won't admit they paid an ADM.....

I haven't seen too many MSRP cars either....
Old 02-21-2019, 02:49 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
Where is all the banter?....from what I've seen over the years is that most in the "MSRP" crowd have a good relationship with a dealer....a few got lucky.....I think a lot of people also won't admit they paid an ADM.....

I haven't seen too many MSRP cars either....
Here's one I'll focus on... https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...dumb-am-i.html

Agree, that most of the comments relate to "small" ADM's, but from my understand they imply that new cars are easy to come by and are or will be at msrp.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:53 PM
konaforever
Burning Brakes

Received 174 Likes on 86 Posts

There have been a few that have shown up here with high specs or selling to a local customer.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:54 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

I dont think it was banter that loads of .2 3RS available at MSRP, but that ADMs seem to be dropping which may or may not indicate MSRP is within striking distance now opposed to the 30-40-50k ADMs when the car was first announced. Over the course of a week in January the ADM on a buildable allocation I was offered went from 27.5 to 25 to 17.5 without any negotiation on my end

Also if you cold call around or talk to a broker (buyer beware but I spoke with a nice guy named Ben), there are also cars inbound/"buyer backed out"/pool cars with "flexibility" in price that are not advertised FWIW. At least that was my experience when I was searching a couple months ago
Old 02-21-2019, 03:05 PM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Haku
There's been much banter, usually by non RS owners, about tons of .2 RS's available at MSRP. Where are they? I can't find any.

p.s. lets not make this a debate about MSRP vs ADM (low or high it doesn't matter adm is adm).
I would love to know this as well for a .2 3rs. As a non rs owner I may not know how much adm (or not) rs owners are paying but I sure would like to try for zero adm

Last edited by Psup4s; 02-21-2019 at 03:24 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:38 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

I will say most people that sit around and wait for the best price on something do a lot of sitting and waiting....instead of driving....always has been and always will be....not saying people should overpay but the price is long forgotten after the miles rack up.....
Old 02-21-2019, 03:46 PM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Psup4s
I would love to know this as well for a .2 3rs. As a non rs owner I may not know how much adm (or not) rs owners are paying but I sure would like to try for zero adm
I just got a 3RS at MSRP. My only history with the dealership is a GTS, then a GT3 at MSRP, and now the 3RS at MSRP. The GT3 was an allocation I got that I specced myself, the 3RS was one that the buyer backed out of and they offered it to me without an ADM.

Every car I've been offered with an ADM I've turned down categorically, and I've gotten lucky, or maybe patience just paid off. I don't mind if I'm the first to have a new toy, I just don't pay over MSRP out of principle.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:03 PM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by reacher
I just got a 3RS at MSRP. My only history with the dealership is a GTS, then a GT3 at MSRP, and now the 3RS at MSRP. The GT3 was an allocation I got that I specced myself, the 3RS was one that the buyer backed out of and they offered it to me without an ADM.

Every car I've been offered with an ADM I've turned down categorically, and I've gotten lucky, or maybe patience just paid off. I don't mind if I'm the first to have a new toy, I just don't pay over MSRP out of principle.

Pm on your way soon This is great and encouraging to hear. Congrats and well done, I will continue my search, meanwhile not much driving to be missing out here in New England.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:06 PM
Porsch
Banned

Received 250 Likes on 149 Posts

Really?! There has been much banter about tons of .2 RS cars available at MSRP? I'm sorry, but *that* is the myth. Lots of people have noted how ADMs have come down, yes. And lots of people have predicted that we'll see RS cars at MSRP soon, yes. But your thread is based on a completely false assertion.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:16 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porsch
Really?! There has been much banter about tons of .2 RS cars available at MSRP? I'm sorry, but *that* is the myth. Lots of people have noted how ADMs have come down, yes. And lots of people have predicted that we'll see RS cars at MSRP soon, yes. But your thread is based on a completely false assertion.
What’s the false assertion? The only one I’m stating is that there aren’t many .2 RS’s available at... wait for it.... still wait for it...
MSRP! ONLY MSRP. If that’s what you’re agreeing with... we concur.

Old 02-21-2019, 04:46 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

There has been no banter saying tons of .2 RSs are available at MSRP. There have been a few new cars offered on and off Rennlist at MSRP and quickly sold.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:51 PM
Golden Boy
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

They are available below msrp now..... 🤣🤣🤣... why does this banter really matter again?
Old 02-21-2019, 05:35 PM
grendel88
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
I will say most people that sit around and wait for the best price on something do a lot of sitting and waiting....instead of driving....always has been and always will be....not saying people should overpay but the price is long forgotten after the miles rack up.....
Delayed gratification. YOLO. Dollar saved is dollar earned. This is all a personal decision. In the end, we all have to balance the $$$ vs pleasure ratio for ourselves.

Personally, I got froze out for a 991.1 RS. 3 years later, I can get one for way under MSRP. How much was the waiting worth? Now, doesn't seem like much. Then, seemed like I lost out on the greatest thing in the world.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:14 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

ddw just listed a new one at $6k over so figure that’s the broker fee.

Quick Reply: Ample availability of .2 RS cars at MSRP... a myth!