Is my dealer fxxxxxg with me?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 03:23 PM
toddjude
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dingding
Porsche West Houston.
I just contacted Porsche momentum Houston this morning, Got on the waiting list, made a $2500 non refundable down payment for a GT3RS allocation. Hopefully I'm not gonna get screwed this time.
Were you willing to pay adm? They are one of the smaller dealers in my opinion. I don't think they get a ton of allocations.
Old 11-30-2018, 04:11 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,401 Likes on 726 Posts

Porsche West Houston.
I just contacted Porsche momentum Houston this morning, Got on the waiting list, made a $2500 non refundable down payment for a GT3RS allocation. Hopefully I'm not gonna get screwed this time.
"Non-refundable"???- you are a glutton for punishment
Old 11-30-2018, 04:28 PM
Jpacione
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Porsche West Houston.
For a 2019 allocation? Being on a waiting list for a ‘19 allocation seems like a long shot unless there is another batch coming out, and there have been no whispers about that to this point.
Old 11-30-2018, 04:33 PM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Porsche West Houston.
The $2500 NON refundable is the funny part. What if they never get you an allocation?????
Old 11-30-2018, 04:34 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Jpacione

For a 2019 allocation? Being on a waiting list for a ‘19 allocation seems like a long shot unless there is another batch coming out, and there have been no whispers about that to this point.
I was an 18 allocation, and we filled out a form requesting a bump in build deadline to see if pts would open. The date was moved to 19 sometime, and approved, but still no word on pts. So, to some certainty, there are 19 cars coming.
Old 11-30-2018, 04:56 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 609 Likes on 373 Posts

Bought a couple of Porsche form my local dealer before, and been on the GT3 waiting list since July 2017. Contacted my sales rep 3 months ago, was told I am the next one on the list, and she will contact me as soon as they receive allocation. Didn't hear from her since, then this morning, I called her, asked her where is the my allocation since the dealer should already received their allocations last month, she told me Porsche doesn't make 991.2 GT3 anymore, that's why they have nothing. Did she tell the truth or she was lying? I don't mind to pay reasonable ADM if she ask, but I don't want to waste my time to deal with a liar
Go in in person and ask to see the list of their allocated cars (including ones with customers assigned). Every car that yet delivered will be there, and you can see all of their 991.2 GT3 cars and when they were allocated if necessary.
Old 11-30-2018, 05:04 PM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Received 736 Likes on 365 Posts

Bought a couple of Porsche form my local dealer before, and been on the GT3 waiting list since July 2017. Contacted my sales rep 3 months ago, was told I am the next one on the list, and she will contact me as soon as they receive allocation. Didn't hear from her since, then this morning, I called her, asked her where is the my allocation since the dealer should already received their allocations last month, she told me Porsche doesn't make 991.2 GT3 anymore, that's why they have nothing. Did she tell the truth or she was lying? I don't mind to pay reasonable ADM if she ask, but I don't want to waste my time to deal with a liar
First and foremost, the Sonic dealers in Houston just don't understand Porsche culture. The cars are only commodities to be traded. They don't get it.

However, John Wright and Rodger Gay have strong followings in Houston. They are now both at Porsche of North Houston. It is worth a phone call to either one of them and a trip there if you live in the greater Houston area.

I am a native Houstonian and buy my cars from Bob Hall at Autobahn in Fort Worth. He and the dealer have always respected my loyalty and have made transactions seamless. My pending GT3 T was sold to me at MSRP with NO deposit. This was the same on my prior purchases from them. Just a down home family run business that respects its loyal Porsche customers.

Last edited by dmk2; 11-30-2018 at 05:22 PM.
Old 11-30-2018, 05:18 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 973 Likes on 431 Posts

nothing wrong with putting down a deposit at a dealer you have no history with. its the "non-refundable" part that is a bit sketchy to say the least.
Old 11-30-2018, 05:20 PM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Received 736 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
nothing wrong with putting down a deposit at a dealer you have no history with. its the "non-refundable" part that is a bit sketchy to say the least.
non-refundable deposits go directly into the dealer principal's F-you fund.
Old 11-30-2018, 05:56 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 943 Likes on 540 Posts

your first mistake is talking to the SA
when it comes to GT cars , limit your communications to the New car manager , or better the GM , otherwise you are wasting your time .
visit the dealership, if local , and introduce your self , I still believe in good old face to face contact
Old 11-30-2018, 07:34 PM
dingding
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dot23RS

did they say they have an allocation, what adm? Will be very telling if more allocations come out and what production date they’ll have. Did they give you an estimated date at all?
No, they don’t have any allocations now, and no estimate date. The rep told me if I get on the list and wait until allocation becomes available, there will be no arm, but seriously I find that hard to believe
Old 11-30-2018, 07:36 PM
dingding
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by toddjude
Were you willing to pay adm? They are one of the smaller dealers in my opinion. I don't think they get a ton of allocations.
not for a GT3, but for GT3 RS, yes
Old 11-30-2018, 08:09 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Yeah it happens, my dealer dropped me from their GT car list so I immediately pounded the pavement. Got it done and didn't sit around, these cars have been dwindling in availability and you've probably missed the boat for a GT3, although RS seem to be out there. Bonus was I made a relationship with a consistent secondary broker, my dealers' loss.

OTOH, you could save a bundle too - watch the pattern. These GT3s are being produced in such a large quantity that soon after production stops then people get shocked at the true quantity out there. They are no longer a rarity and the used market starts to get saturated - just look at the GT4 as a reference.
Old 11-30-2018, 09:11 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Yeah it happens, my dealer dropped me from their GT car list so I immediately pounded the pavement. Got it done and didn't sit around, these cars have been dwindling in availability and you've probably missed the boat for a GT3, although RS seem to be out there. Bonus was I made a relationship with a consistent secondary broker, my dealers' loss.

OTOH, you could save a bundle too - watch the pattern. These GT3s are being produced in such a large quantity that soon after production stops then people get shocked at the true quantity out there. They are no longer a rarity and the used market starts to get saturated - just look at the GT4 as a reference.
Hmm not sure what you think is large quantities, but the quantities aren’t far from the 991.1. Probably end up around 2700- approx 2300 delivered in the US so far. Check out the sticky thread about production quantities.
Old 11-30-2018, 09:28 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,084 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Not sure why so many get wrapped around the axel on production ...some want little because they think it’s a 401k, and for the ones that want high production will not buy a car with all the inventory. But will complain I can’t find a car .....hell there’s a a punch of manuals/PDK all over for good deals. If the number is 2700 cars that’s less than 50 per state I will call that low numbers for what’s it’s worth.

Quick Reply: Is my dealer fxxxxxg with me?