Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New commission number on a MY2019 GT3!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 01:34 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts
Default New commission number on a MY2019 GT3!

My original order was placed in February for an Agate GT3. I had missed the PTS window, but was satisfied with Agate as my GF and I wanted a more conservative color to offset the Guards on the other car. So fast forward and we got an 02 November 2018 delivery date and we were planning our ED for the end of November.

On 20 September, we got word that PCNA had 8 PTS allocations for a January/February build and we jumped on it. With the help of my CA and PCNA, we literally had hours to lock in the build and choose a PTS color. Even staying within the grey spectrum of PTS, we had 9 or so to choose from and of course, having a couple hours to decide on a $12,800 option was more than daunting. We broke it down to a systematic decision model with lighter or darker hues as a starting point and ended with a choice between Carbon Grey Metallic (M9Y) or Carbon Steel Grey Metallic (A9W). CSGM was a cooler hue with more blues, whereas CGM was warmer with more reds.

We chose CGM for several reasons, among which was how the color shifted, depending on the light, from a darker to lighter Grey, the depth, the amount of flake, and it's a color that's relatively rare among GT cars. This may very well be the only GT3 in this color.

Carbon Grey Metallic (left) Agate (right)

Volcano (background) Carbon Grey Metallic (left) Agate (right)

The PTS order was submitted that same day with a couple additional CXX items and a few days later, we got word that it was accepted! To say we were happy,is an understatement, since we never took it for granted that we would ever have an opportunity to have a configurable PTS allocation.

So it appears as if it'll be completed the day before Christmas break?

January allocation, December build, MY2019:

Incredibly fortunate to get PTS!

I was under the impression that there's no production in December. Apparently, I was wrong.

So ...how exact is V300? Is there some variation to the date, either sooner or later, and if so, by how much?

On a side note, RL never fails to deliver and the amount of information here has been invaluable. We're looking forward to ED and the last two threads from Montoya and Orthojoe were inspiring.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:18 PM
ruuddevil
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats, great color.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:26 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

Mine just went v250. Schedule is a week ahead on build date and two weeks ahead for leaving emden.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:31 PM
donutcritic
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks stunning! What color deviating stitching did you do?
Old 10-09-2018, 02:41 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 178 Likes on 96 Posts

That's a bit odd that the build date is earlier than the allocation date. I don't see why it wouldn't be a 2018 car, not that that matters much. Perhaps these cars are officially January allocations that have already bumped up to an earlier production. Congrats in any case.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:52 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ruuddevil
Congrats, great color.
Originally Posted by Loess
That's a bit odd that the build date is earlier than the allocation date. I don't see why it wouldn't be a 2018 car, not that that matters much. Perhaps these cars are officially January allocations that have already bumped up to an earlier production. Congrats in any case.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by evilfij
Mine just went v250. Schedule is a week ahead on build date and two weeks ahead for leaving emden.
Great to know. Thanks!

Originally Posted by donutcritic
Looks stunning! What color deviating stitching did you do?
Thanks! GF chose Bordeaux. I have dog eyes and don't have a sense for color...
Old 10-09-2018, 03:20 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 777 Posts

Congrats! ED still?
Old 10-09-2018, 03:53 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by C5driver
My original order was placed in February for an Agate GT3. I had missed the PTS window, but was satisfied with Agate as my GF and I wanted a more conservative color to offset the Guards on the other car. So fast forward and we got an 02 November 2018 delivery date and we were planning our ED for the end of November.

On 20 September, we got word that PCNA had 8 PTS allocations for a January/February build and we jumped on it. With the help of my CA and PCNA, we literally had hours to lock in the build and choose a PTS color. Even staying within the grey spectrum of PTS, we had 9 or so to choose from and of course, having a couple hours to decide on a $12,800 option was more than daunting. We broke it down to a systematic decision model with lighter or darker hues as a starting point and ended with a choice between Carbon Grey Metallic (M9Y) or Carbon Steel Grey Metallic (A9W). CSGM was a cooler hue with more blues, whereas CGM was warmer with more reds.

We chose CGM for several reasons, among which was how the color shifted, depending on the light, from a darker to lighter Grey, the depth, the amount of flake, and it's a color that's relatively rare among GT cars. This may very well be the only GT3 in this color.

Carbon Grey Metallic (left) Agate (right)

Volcano (background) Carbon Grey Metallic (left) Agate (right)

The PTS order was submitted that same day with a couple additional CXX items and a few days later, we got word that it was accepted! To say we were happy,is an understatement, since we never took it for granted that we would ever have an opportunity to have a configurable PTS allocation.

So it appears as if it'll be completed the day before Christmas break?

January allocation, December build, MY2019:

Incredibly fortunate to get PTS!

I was under the impression that there's no production in December. Apparently, I was wrong.

So ...how exact is V300? Is there some variation to the date, either sooner or later, and if so, by how much?

On a side note, RL never fails to deliver and the amount of information here has been invaluable. We're looking forward to ED and the last two threads from Montoya and Orthojoe were inspiring.
Yes, it was an awesome trip- highly recommend you try to do Euro delivery!

So, it's V180 correct? Your dealer State or Province? I think that's all I need for the list! Now the wait begins- the journey is long but the reward is worth it.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:59 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Congrats!!

Methinks you have opened up a can of worms here. It was pretty much settled there is no Model Year 2019 for the GT3, yet here is proof positive of a 2019 GT3! Can't wait to see all the speculation.
Old 10-09-2018, 04:00 PM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

Received 437 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by Palting
Congrats!!

Methinks you have opened up a can of worms here. It was pretty much settled there is no Model Year 2019 for the GT3, yet here is proof positive of a 2019 GT3! Can't wait to see all the speculation.

Yea Im w ya. Thought there wasnt a 2019 GT3?!
Old 10-09-2018, 04:18 PM
Norcalgt3
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Scottykenneth

Yea Im w ya. Thought there wasnt a 2019 GT3?!
there was a thread here about 3 weeks saying there were an additional 9 slots possibly nationally. It isn’t definitive if they will continue beyond these 9 - no reason to think they will or won’t. Also not sure if these will have the particulate filter ala the RS. If so, not a good thing (although being produced in dec seems to suggest they won’t have the filter)
Old 10-09-2018, 05:30 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SToronto
Congrats! ED still?
Thanks and yeah! Zuffenhausen to Como (Milan for her and Monza for me) to Portofino to Monaco to Provence and drop off in Nice!
Old 10-09-2018, 06:28 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by montoya
So, it's V180 correct? Your dealer State or Province? I think that's all I need for the list! Now the wait begins- the journey is long but the reward is worth it.
Yes! California, thanks!
Old 10-09-2018, 06:30 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Palting
Congrats!!

Thanks! Same here! Looking forward to seeing the car in March.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:22 PM
dieselino
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 125 Posts

Congrats first off, but this furthers my frustration with Porsche. I tried to have my allocation moved to a 19MY and it didnt work. I wont get my car until December (will be snowing here) and it will be an 18MY. Makes no sense at all.

Quick Reply: New commission number on a MY2019 GT3!