Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 10:36 PM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts

I'm naive but I'm thinking this debacle may be a catalyst to produce more 2019 GT3s. Certainly didn't hurt.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:40 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by 993KHTO
With all do respect...

The victims are NOT happy - they have been betrayed and Champion is NOT making any effort to resolve the situation for them. Champion is now ignoring victims and has completely failed to deliver the GT3 cars as purchased by the victims. Simply returning the deposits or offering a 2019 allocation for a different, significantly lesser value vehicle does not make the victims whole or come close to remedying the situation or compensating the victims’ losses. It is surprising that anyone on Rennlist would try to equate a 991.2 with Touring Package and PTS with a stock 992, since the collection values of those two cars are vastly different. As demonstrated in the Rampage case, Champion has been aware that SS was offering cars for sale that did not exist, using Champion’s forms and name to set up fake car sales, stealing deposits, overcharging for cars, and using side companies to hide deposits since at least September 2017, but they did absolutely nothing to restrict SS access to Champion’s sales documents, monitor SS work emails, supervise SS sales activities, or limit SS interactions with customers. They even admit in the current litigation that they knew SS was having financial problems because his wages had been garnished but did nothing to protect customers from his financial schemes. The attorney who is currently representing Champion and to whom all the victims are being directed is the exact same attorney who represented both SS and Champion in the Rampage case. Clearly Champion knew SS was capable of committing this kind of fraud and they provided him all the tools to accomplish this crime, but they did nothing to prevent it or protect their customers. If Champion wants to save its reputation then it needs to stop ignoring the victims and wholly compensate them for their losses.
What proof do you have if this? The two victims posting In this thread were offered restitution and a GT car allocation at MSRP. Nobody has said anything about being offered regular car builds as replacement for their GT car order which in reality was a bogus order that was never placed with the dealership.

You seem to have an anti Champion agenda, not an unbiased observer's take on thus.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:42 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
I'm naive but I'm thinking this debacle may be a catalyst to produce more 2019 GT3s. Certainly didn't hurt.

If I'm reading that memo correctly, they're just giving out some PTS slots to current allocations? I'd assume most extra allocations have already been assigned to dealers unless they hand out some bonus ones like they do for some incentive.

Doubt this had anything to do with Champion. This memo went out to some region, but I assume all regions got the same memo. They always pump out more cars at the end of a run.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:43 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 684 Likes on 377 Posts

With all do respect...

The victims are NOT happy - they have been betrayed and Champion is NOT making any effort to resolve the situation for them. Champion is now ignoring victims and has completely failed to deliver the GT3 cars as purchased by the victims. Simply returning the deposits or offering a 2019 allocation for a different, significantly lesser value vehicle does not make the victims whole or come close to remedying the situation or compensating the victims’ losses. It is surprising that anyone on Rennlist would try to equate a 991.2 with Touring Package and PTS with a stock 992, since the collection values of those two cars are vastly different. As demonstrated in the Rampage case, Champion has been aware that SS was offering cars for sale that did not exist, using Champion’s forms and name to set up fake car sales, stealing deposits, overcharging for cars, and using side companies to hide deposits since at least September 2017, but they did absolutely nothing to restrict SS access to Champion’s sales documents, monitor SS work emails, supervise SS sales activities, or limit SS interactions with customers. They even admit in the current litigation that they knew SS was having financial problems because his wages had been garnished but did nothing to protect customers from his financial schemes. The attorney who is currently representing Champion and to whom all the victims are being directed is the exact same attorney who represented both SS and Champion in the Rampage case. Clearly Champion knew SS was capable of committing this kind of fraud and they provided him all the tools to accomplish this crime, but they did nothing to prevent it or protect their customers. If Champion wants to save its reputation then it needs to stop ignoring the victims and wholly compensate them for their losses.
exactly. I am sure Toad with his one post is probably an employee trying to repair or justify a very shady dealer that got busted.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:47 PM
Toad Hall
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

With all do respect...

perhaps you havent read this:

OFFICIAL STATEMENT:

As the Porsche community has learned, Champion Porsche together with approximately 20 valued customers have been defrauded by a former employee who utilized a fictitious entity to divert money customers believed to have been deposits for limited GT special order vehicles. The issue was discovered on September 4th and we have been diligently investigating and dealing with the matter since. We had no records of the fraudulent deals and have been assembling documentation with the assistance of cooperative customers. A civil lawsuit has been filed against the former employee, together with others who appear to have been involved in the fraud. Law enforcement has been contacted and we are fully cooperating with their investigation.

We understand, and share in the outrage that this issue has caused. We are working diligently to investigate and confirm which customers were impacted and fully intend to stand by our customers to assist them. It is our intention to insure that each customer impacted by this matter receives the amount delivered to the fictitious entity under a fraudulent order.

We have enjoyed a stellar reputation for decades. That reputation was earned through our commitment to customer satisfaction. While no one is immune from being the victim of fraud, we will successfully manage this issue by putting customers first and assuring that each customer receives the proceeds that were delivered to the fictitious entity under a fraudulent order.

and if you have - why continue to stir the pot? get a life
Old 09-19-2018, 10:50 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Toad Hall

Second post on RL ever and you're making friends quick ....
Old 09-19-2018, 10:51 PM
Toad Hall
Track Day

Originally Posted by goin2drt

exactly. I am sure Toad with his one post is probably an employee trying to repair or justify a very shady dealer that got busted.
you are sure? you are in LA - right? What i am sure of is - you have no idea what you are talking about
Old 09-19-2018, 10:56 PM
Toad Hall
Track Day

Originally Posted by STG
Second post on RL ever and you're making friends quick ....
did not post to make friends - only to make a statement and yup I took the bait - troll away
Old 09-19-2018, 11:38 PM
STG
Race Director

did not post to make friends - only to make a statement and yup I took the bait - troll away

You made the statement. Go to bed now, goodnight.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:39 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

[QUOTE=Porsche71;15301395]
I have bought, sold and traded in many cars at Champion Porsche, and I can tell you this company has always been first class all the way. I knew Dave and he is a legend in this business. We can not drag this company because of SS. SS fooled them and lied and conned his way into their lives, and defrauded people. Champion is cleaning up the mess. I have met the Maraj family, the sons and daughter, and these are very good people. These people are fixing the problem, offering 2019 allocation slots and giving back money. They learned a valuable lesson people. Going on and on about it, in an attempt to drag Champion’s name through the mud, is pointless. No matter what, Champion will remain a champion. SS will go to prison and everyone will either get another allocation and their money back. The victims have pretty happy with their results. This thread is becoming redundant. Cmon people, let up.
[/QU
Thank You , as I a Champion MSRP GT Customer , I concur and with my personal experience the Sr. managements integrity as well. The trashing here , demonstrated by a few, only shows those the lack comprehension of what is involved in building and continually improving to be the #1 volume Porsche store in this country ! It certainly wasn't achieved by ripping off it's customers along the way to get there. SS belongs in jail very soon he won't need to be concerned about making his mortgage payment .
Old 09-19-2018, 11:45 PM
993KHTO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OFFICIAL STATEMENT:

As the Porsche community has learned, Champion Porsche together with approximately 20 valued customers have been defrauded by a former employee who utilized a fictitious entity to divert money customers believed to have been deposits for limited GT special order vehicles. The issue was discovered on September 4th and we have been diligently investigating and dealing with the matter since. We had no records of the fraudulent deals and have been assembling documentation with the assistance of cooperative customers. A civil lawsuit has been filed against the former employee, together with others who appear to have been involved in the fraud. Law enforcement has been contacted and we are fully cooperating with their investigation.

We understand, and share in the outrage that this issue has caused. We are working diligently to investigate and confirm which customers were impacted and fully intend to stand by our customers to assist them. It is our intention to insure that each customer impacted by this matter receives the amount delivered to the fictitious entity under a fraudulent order.

We have enjoyed a stellar reputation for decades. That reputation was earned through our commitment to customer satisfaction. While no one is immune from being the victim of fraud, we will successfully manage this issue by putting customers first and assuring that each customer receives the proceeds that were delivered to the fictitious entity under a fraudulent order.

I have seen this...and what exactly do you think VICTIMS SHOULD DO WITH THIS????? "and fully intend to stand by our customers to assist them." To stand by and assist with what? Polish and paint protect cars we don't have?
If a person like Shiraaz Sookralli did this as an employee of a BANK WITH YOUR MONEY, do you think the bank would have fired everyone around him and anyone above him? You bet they would have.
And do you think they would have already made clients whole? The government would have already seen to it...
Think about your $XXX deposit and your expectation that your car would be built.... and the fact that you gave up other opportunities from other dealers for your car to be built.
AND NOW--YOUR CAR WILL NEVER BE BUILT.
"Hi, would you like a GT3RS instead?"
why continue to defend Champion and their lack of supervision?
Old 09-19-2018, 11:46 PM
STG
Race Director

I think everyone here wants Shiraaz to have his day in court and the victims reimbursed and their car orders figured out.

I don't want Champion hurt. Hope they can be the #1 dealer for the next 10 years.

We're just covering a HUGE fraud case here which has been written about in numerous publications. Are we supposed to ignore a legitimate story and $2.5MM fraud/theft case for the sake of hurting Shiraaz's or Champion's feelings? ?? I think not. We're not bullying some innocent person here. Those two brought this upon themselves and just anything else in life, will have to deal with the consequences of their actions. We're just covering the news and giving victims a voice.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:50 PM
993KHTO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=R.Deacon;15303598]
Originally Posted by Porsche71
I have bought, sold and traded in many cars at Champion Porsche, and I can tell you this company has always been first class all the way. I knew Dave and he is a legend in this business. We can not drag this company because of SS. SS fooled them and lied and conned his way into their lives, and defrauded people. Champion is cleaning up the mess. I have met the Maraj family, the sons and daughter, and these are very good people. These people are fixing the problem, offering 2019 allocation slots and giving back money. They learned a valuable lesson people. Going on and on about it, in an attempt to drag Champion’s name through the mud, is pointless. No matter what, Champion will remain a champion. SS will go to prison and everyone will either get another allocation and their money back. The victims have pretty happy with their results. This thread is becoming redundant. Cmon people, let up.
[/QU
Thank You , as I a Champion MSRP GT Customer , I concur and with my personal experience the Sr. managements integrity as well. The trashing here , demonstrated by a few, only shows those the lack comprehension of what is involved in building and continually improving to be the #1 volume Porsche store in this country ! It certainly wasn't achieved by ripping off it's customers along the way to get there. SS belongs in jail very soon he won't need to be concerned about making his mortgage payment .
FANTASTIC SUPERVISION BY ALL OF CHAMPION MANAGEMENT--THEY SHOULD BE GIVEN AN AWARD FOR HOW TO SUPERVISE AFTER THE "FELLOW ASSETS" (AKA RAMPAGE 911R) LITIGATION.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:56 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

I have bought lots of cars from them over the years, spent 500k there in round numbers. I know the Maraj family and count them as friends. I have known Shiraaz for 10 years and bought lots of upgrades from him when he was on the motorsports side. I am as surprised and shocked as anyone to hear what has happened. I will say this family business has been rocked by the death of Dave Maraj. I would encourage all of you to think carefully before you troll them on t the internet. I know they will make all those who got scammed whole. Likely they are insured against employee theft.
unless you have a personal stake please show some respect. If you have nothing better to do than speculate - get a life. Having said that i am off to Rennsport to go racing.

I hope you will all consider this and show some respect to a grieving family who has contributed so much to the Porsche community

thank you
Knowing Shiraaz for 10 years, an apparent con man and thief, does not exactly ingratiate yourself to his victims. Do you want to tell us he was your friend, that you were his and, that he was a swell guy?

You have every right to defend Champion as you see fit. Others will too. But, you expect victims and other forum members to respect the family and to get a life when they voice their dissenting opinions about Champion? They don't have a right to complain that they were subjected to fraud at this dealership? That's quite the double standard you have there.

Dan (has no personal stake and, offers no respect to a man he never met because none is owed)
Old 09-19-2018, 11:58 PM
STG
Race Director

FANTASTIC SUPERVISION BY ALL OF CHAMPION MANAGEMENT--THEY SHOULD BE GIVEN AN AWARD FOR HOW TO SUPERVISE AFTER THE "FELLOW ASSETS" (AKA RAMPAGE 911R) LITIGATION.

This single incident will implicate Champion based on their documented knowledge of the frauds Shiraaz was committing as their VP which they didn't take him out of their organization for.

It's like leaving a child molester in a teaching position when they were just convicted the last school year. The molester does it again, and the school has just opened themselves up to some huge liability.

https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...entid=1290833&

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing