Sponsored by:

.2 GT3 MT -> .2 GT3RS Quick Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 11:29 AM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking .2 GT3 MT -> .2 GT3RS Quick Impressions

Just picked it up last Fri, drove it about 50 miles to my detailer for drop off Sunday for PPF/tint, so just some very quick impressions on very limited exposure on the things that really stood out as different to me from my .2 GT3 MT that I put 2400 miles on.

1.) Louder engine/exhaust note in cabin, more road/tire noise, this is very obvious. I kept revs below 5k, but clearly the less sound deadening has an impact. Sounds great, can't wait to go 9k, am actually second guessing whether I even need a center muffler bypass, let alone side muffler. Will decide after I break it in. I'm not sure if the tire noise is also greater as this car has the Mich tires and I had Dunlops on the 3.

2.) Suspension is harder. This is not a bad thing at all, actually the road feel through the steering and seat of the pants is considerably better than the 3. Not great for a daily over broken pavement of course, but I can imagine it'll be great on track (probably won't get a chance to get it out there until spring though).

3.) Obviously not a big deal, but the rear view camera pic is much sharper, not sure if they went to a higher rez screen, but it's quite a bit better. Of course 5 yrs behind the industry standard, but still....

I can't wait to get it back from detailer so I can put some miles on this beast.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:40 PM
aruisdante
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice comments and impressions, but no pictures of the new ride? 😉
Old 08-21-2018, 03:09 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aruisdante
Nice comments and impressions, but no pictures of the new ride? 😉
I put a few on this thread, will take some better pics after I get it back from detailer.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...rs-here-3.html
Old 08-21-2018, 03:18 PM
jackmac
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Ajag,
Congrats and enjoy in good health. Question for you, do you miss the 6MT GT3 at all? Would you have considered keeping both cars?
Jack
Old 08-21-2018, 03:29 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jackmac
Ajag,
Congrats and enjoy in good health. Question for you, do you miss the 6MT GT3 at all? Would you have considered keeping both cars?
Jack
Yes, I definitely do miss it, but having the GT4 and then GT3 I've had a couple yrs of manuals so the change up to a PDK-S car is nice, as I've only had PDK before in the 991 C2S and TT, and they aren't all that similar.

I never really considered keeping both, as I'm more of a variety guy. I'd rather have a completely different sports car if I were to keep two in my stable at once (which I can't justify to myself yet, maybe in 5 yrs) like an AMG GT-R along w/ the RS or GT3.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:06 PM
shamoo
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ajag
3.) Obviously not a big deal, but the rear view camera pic is much sharper, not sure if they went to a higher rez screen, but it's quite a bit better. Of course 5 yrs behind the industry standard, but still....
That's interesting they would actually change that component in an RS vs. a non-RS. I thought it would be basically the same for 90% of the parts.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:20 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shamoo
That's interesting they would actually change that component in an RS vs. a non-RS. I thought it would be basically the same for 90% of the parts.
No idea, it was probably changed across the board I would imagine, not just in the RS. My GT3 was built in Dec 17 so they may have updated the screen or change suppliers or something midway through the cycle?
Old 08-22-2018, 11:31 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 818 Likes on 430 Posts

Originally Posted by ajag
No idea, it was probably changed across the board I would imagine, not just in the RS. My GT3 was built in Dec 17 so they may have updated the screen or change suppliers or something midway through the cycle?
thanks for posting. Very helpful to us still anxiously waiting👍
Old 08-22-2018, 11:52 AM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Waxer

thanks for posting. Very helpful to us still anxiously waiting👍
I'll post a longer impression later, picking up car this weekend from detailer and will plan on DD it for 2-3 wks to get through the breakin.

Quick Reply: .2 GT3 MT -> .2 GT3RS Quick Impressions