Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

.2 trade deal is it fair?

 
Old 07-26-2018, 07:18 PM
  #1  
Allennator
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .2 trade deal is it fair?

have a .2 GT3 guards red, buckets, full leather, manual, lift, extended range, its a good spec has about 250 miles, but looking to trade it in for a RS cause I'm doing more track then I thought I would. Dealer offering me 5k below msrp. i'm in the car at 175k so I'd end up losing about 20k maybe a little more. is the trade deal fair? not sure what the fair market is like on the GT3 I'd like to not lose on it, but I'm not sure if any dealer would do something like that. Asked for MSRP but they wouldn't do it. anyone who traded in a manual GT3 with similar specs able to chime in on whether I should go for the deal or is it crazy? I've thought about listing it privately at whatever I owe on it, but not sure if anyone would bite considering it would be at msrp plus the taxes I had to pay.

also just a side topic, would it be crazy to go from a .2 gt3 manual to a .1 rs pdk? just wanting a dedicated track car versus when I got my gt3 I was looking for a weekend type car.
Allennator is offline  
Old 07-26-2018, 07:22 PM
  #2  
Mech33
Super User
 
Mech33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,126
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

Wouldnĺt selling it private at msrp but you eat the taxes be better deal for you still? From your estimate of loss it sounds like you donĺt get a tax advantage in your state for trading in.
Mech33 is offline  
Old 07-26-2018, 07:23 PM
  #3  
tstafford
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
tstafford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,671
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default

IMO - It depends on what the deal is on the RS. All that matters is the net difference not what you get on your car.
tstafford is offline  
Old 07-26-2018, 07:24 PM
  #4  
Allennator
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mech33 View Post
Wouldnĺt selling it private at msrp but you eat the taxes be better deal for you still? From your estimate of loss it sounds like you donĺt get a tax advantage in your state for trading in.
Sorry I forgot to mention I would save the tax, but since the .1 RS is significantly more then the trade value, I would be paying the tax on the difference.
Allennator is offline  
Old 07-26-2018, 07:29 PM
  #5  
Allennator
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by tstafford View Post
IMO - It depends on what the deal is on the RS. All that matters is the net difference not what you get on your car.
Net difference would be going up ~70k rs at 230k trade on mine 156k, plus tax on the difference...
Allennator is offline  
Old 07-26-2018, 07:30 PM
  #6  
tstafford
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
tstafford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,671
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default

Yikes. No way I'd do that deal. You won't like the RS that much more IMO.
tstafford is offline  
Old 07-26-2018, 07:31 PM
  #7  
johnny2five
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 810
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Allennator View Post
have a .2 GT3 guards red, buckets, full leather, manual, lift, extended range, its a good spec has about 250 miles, but looking to trade it in for a RS cause I'm doing more track then I thought I would. Dealer offering me 5k below msrp. i'm in the car at 175k so I'd end up losing about 20k maybe a little more. is the trade deal fair? not sure what the fair market is like on the GT3 I'd like to not lose on it, but I'm not sure if any dealer would do something like that. Asked for MSRP but they wouldn't do it. anyone who traded in a manual GT3 with similar specs able to chime in on whether I should go for the deal or is it crazy? I've thought about listing it privately at whatever I owe on it, but not sure if anyone would bite considering it would be at msrp plus the taxes I had to pay.

also just a side topic, would it be crazy to go from a .2 gt3 manual to a .1 rs pdk? just wanting a dedicated track car versus when I got my gt3 I was looking for a weekend type car.
Depending on what your tax rate, you may actually get msrp + tax selling private. Even if you don't, you should be able to get something above msrp. So how much is 10-20K worth to you in terms of your time/effort/frustration? Only you can answer that.


johnny2five is offline  
Old 07-26-2018, 07:32 PM
  #8  
tstafford
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
tstafford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,671
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default

Dead serious comment - you'd be much better off keeping the GT3 and buying a Radical as a dedicated track car. It's far better than the RS and not a whole lot more than the difference you're thinking about paying.
tstafford is offline  
Old 07-26-2018, 07:36 PM
  #9  
ChrisF
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
ChrisF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Marin, CA
Posts: 3,292
Likes: 0
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

+1 to tstafford's comment. I have a .1RS and if I were you, I would keep the .2 manual.
ChrisF is offline  
Old 07-26-2018, 07:45 PM
  #10  
HEAT'N'COOL
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
HEAT'N'COOL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere in the AIR
Posts: 312
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Allennator View Post
Net difference would be going up ~70k rs at 230k trade on mine 156k, plus tax on the difference...
wow... maybe try and find a better deal on the RS... They are out there. But $230K for a .1??
HEAT'N'COOL is offline  
Old 07-26-2018, 07:48 PM
  #11  
robmypro
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
robmypro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6,554
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by tstafford View Post
Dead serious comment - you'd be much better off keeping the GT3 and buying a Radical as a dedicated track car. It's far better than the RS and not a whole lot more than the difference you're thinking about paying.
+1
robmypro is offline  
Old 07-26-2018, 07:56 PM
  #12  
Maverick787
Super User
 
Maverick787's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2,745
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default

Expensive 250 miles.
Maverick787 is offline  
Old 07-26-2018, 07:57 PM
  #13  
Izzone
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Izzone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,970
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

If you are selling private pm me ur email

I'm looking for a .2 Manuel
Izzone is offline  
Old 07-26-2018, 08:13 PM
  #14  
shapiroeric
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
shapiroeric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Longmeadow, MA
Posts: 2,713
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default

I have a .1RS....Incredible car....No way I would trade a manual .2 for my car at those numbers.....
shapiroeric is offline  
Old 07-26-2018, 08:29 PM
  #15  
Allennator
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Thanks for all the replies. After posting I went on a drive, and came to the realization that I think I let the "RS" look and trim name get to me. The .2 manual just felt so good I don't think I will be able to actually pull the trigger and let go of it for a long time even if I had the taxes covered. Its just a hell of a car. I think I will look into another dedicated track car like others have mentioned. Just felt too perfect to drive, after actually having this proper drive I just couldn't imagine being in anything else.
Allennator is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: .2 trade deal is it fair?


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: