Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3RS owners review - UK

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 03:21 PM
terrybGT3MR
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 991.2 GT3RS owners review - UK

As people have been asking for views on this on other threads, thought I would create a new one just for my ownership experience to date - it has been good

I picked my car up on 30 April (probably the 1st one on the road in the UK), had it booked in for full PPF and ceramic coating but needed Matt Black decals but as the car was probably the 1st on the road in the UK then none available from Highgate House. So I agreed to meet Rick from HH at Guildford OPC at the end of the 1st week, to get the OEM decals measured/ surveyed. Over the weekend, in for the PPF, etc.. After the weekend - Sharkwerks installed - nice

Following week starting to put miles on with no decals - eek - but still looks the absolute nuts. Decals finally arrived and fitted, Sunday morning meet at 9 Excellence near Gatwick (London). On the road, you instantly notice how stiff the car is compared to other 991 GT cars, especially at slower speeds - harks back to my 996 GT3 days - and as with that car, it becomes more compliant at speed. Extra noise from lack of sound deadening and generally justa more focused and hardcore experience than I've had of late with all the other 991 GT cars.

The folowing week we were off to the Nurburgring - time to find out what this bad boy can do. And boy is it a mega car. Had the geo setup by Manthey Racing (they offer a kit to modify the top mounts which allows them to set up 3 deg front and 2.8 deg rear) before getting out on track at DN19. This RS is a decent step up in terms of being focused and hardcore compared to previous models - I think this will be a mega car in the future - really looking forward to more track action.

On the way home, stopped off for pics at Reims - great place to view if you haven’t been there before.

https://thumbsnap.com/N35DIIeD
https://thumbsnap.com/aNNvaN14
https://thumbsnap.com/cpuM5XgQ
https://thumbsnap.com/eeUbcZQW
https://thumbsnap.com/6fBdvp0Q
https://thumbsnap.com/DnxiRVEC

https://thumbsnap.com/JhfCzthf

Last edited by terrybGT3MR; 06-13-2018 at 05:52 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:35 PM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice pics. More info please!
Old 06-13-2018, 03:40 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Congrats on your lizard! She is a beauty.

My 3RS got delayed a few times and arrived last week. Transporting her out for be summer and very excited. My first 3RS ever and can’t wait to compare with the 2RS.

May I ask how you felt about the sound she made before the Sharkwerks? The want for Dundon or IPE is big for me, but I wanted to hear her sing o-natural for a couple months before I made the change.

I am London based, so if local let’s grab a coffee and go for a drive.

Congrats again
Old 06-13-2018, 05:58 PM
terrybGT3MR
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BrntRubber
Congrats on your lizard! She is a beauty.

My 3RS got delayed a few times and arrived last week. Transporting her out for be summer and very excited. My first 3RS ever and can’t wait to compare with the 2RS.

May I ask how you felt about the sound she made before the Sharkwerks? The want for Dundon or IPE is big for me, but I wanted to hear her sing o-natural for a couple months before I made the change.

I am London based, so if local let’s grab a coffee and go for a drive.

Congrats again
Congrats too mate. The sound sans Sharkwerks is better than the previous RS and a world apart from the 2RS - pure unadulterated screaming NA flat 6 - sounds mega at higher revs - the Sharkwerks opens up the sound at lower revs - I’ve had them on all 4 x 991 GT cars I’ve owned, so it was only a matter of time before I fitted it - about 1 week actually

I’m on track again on 26th June at Donington (no noise limit - woohoo) and really looking forward to that.

I’m based in Pompey, so not far from London - could arrange a drive out one day
Old 06-14-2018, 12:12 AM
TuonoR
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by terrybGT3MR
On the road, you instantly notice how stiff the car is compared to other 991 GT cars, especially at slower speeds - harks back to my 996 GT3 days - and as with that car, it becomes more compliant at speed.

Psyched to hear this. Thanks for sharing your experience so far and congrats!
Old 06-14-2018, 01:00 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

LG is an interesting color. PAG seems to like these washed out looks these days like Racing Yellow.

But - it really works for LG which is a first for me.

Congrats and enjoy
Old 06-14-2018, 01:19 AM
hayn911gt3
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Definitely loving LG. Car looks great!
Old 06-14-2018, 05:13 AM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 53 Posts

congratulations just love it ............
Old 06-14-2018, 07:10 AM
Lava GT3
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hayn911gt3
Definitely loving LG. Car looks great!
Looks great in the metal....and very,very similar to Gelb Grun.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:25 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by terrybGT3MR

Congrats too mate. The sound sans Sharkwerks is better than the previous RS and a world apart from the 2RS - pure unadulterated screaming NA flat 6 - sounds mega at higher revs - the Sharkwerks opens up the sound at lower revs - I’ve had them on all 4 x 991 GT cars I’ve owned, so it was only a matter of time before I fitted it - about 1 week actually

I’m on track again on 26th June at Donington (no noise limit - woohoo) and really looking forward to that.

I’m based in Pompey, so not far from London - could arrange a drive out one day
Thats great to hear! I can’t wait! I was tempted to put new pipes on her straight away. I like the sound of the 2RS (much better than I expected) but it is more grumble vs loud scream.

I look forward to crossing paths. I might fly back for Goodwood.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:25 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 475 Likes on 281 Posts

Congrats and thanks for sharing pics, glad to see that bad boy on the Ring

Enjoy in good health!!
Old 06-14-2018, 12:39 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,107 Likes on 549 Posts

Originally Posted by BrntRubber
Thats great to hear! I can’t wait! I was tempted to put new pipes on her straight away. I like the sound of the 2RS (much better than I expected) but it is more grumble vs loud scream.

I look forward to crossing paths. I might fly back for Goodwood.
The old 997 2rs would grumble well at low rpms also, (needed aftermarket solution to get it) but didn't ever have any bite once rpms ramped up. They greatly increased the oem volume on the new 991 2rs but still more grumble than scream.

I am super excited to hear things like "less insulated cabin", "stiffer ride", "louder exhaust out-of-the-box". I didn't think porsche would ever produce a new product that was more raw than the predecessor; I assumed that was a 1-way train to luxury and utility over visceral qualities.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3RS owners review - UK