Sponsored by:

991.2 3RS Ring time..............

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 03:07 AM
Derek RS
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by strettyend
Impressive. Would be more impressed if I could actually buy one...
you can just pay adm lol
Old 04-17-2018, 03:56 AM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Get ready to bend over...... - there will be no lube I can promise

I can almost feel it and I have no skin in the game

IMPRESSIVE
I am in the exact same boat and feel the same way, for better or worse this will only add to the fervor for the new 3RS

I will say I have a hard time believing the .1 3RS is that much slower under exact same circumstances/conditions. Tires and conditions/re-paved track likely had to help in some degree, the extent of which I have not the slightest idea (and I am not a .1 3RS owner...)
Old 04-17-2018, 04:42 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,781 Likes on 4,774 Posts

This is why those that think some aftermarket mods to the suspension, exhaust, etc. to the 991.1 GT3 RS will make that car as fast as the 991.2 GT3 RS are really oversimplifying things.

You can throw in all the aftermarket mods, but you cannot buy Porsche fairy dust.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:30 AM
Raucky
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hats off to Porsche, wow. I'm looking forward to seeing if the .2rs feels/is that much faster to a mere mortal like myself.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:52 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

I'm amazed at the hostile reaction by most. Are people actually rooting that the ring time is slower? Is it not awesome what Porsche has been able to do?

And anyone who thinks they know just adding tires and suspension will make a .1rs a few seconds slower is hilarious. Until you get hands on a .2rs and make those .1rs upgrades, you are just purely speculating. Because I'm guessing you could ALSO make the .2rs perform better with future after-market mods. Oem to oem, this is an incredible feat Porsche pulled off and as Porsche-o-files, we should all love this. NA 2wd sub 7 sec ring time. Who else can claim that?
Old 04-17-2018, 09:25 AM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 208 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
I'm amazed at the hostile reaction by most. Are people actually rooting that the ring time is slower? Is it not awesome what Porsche has been able to do?

And anyone who thinks they know just adding tires and suspension will make a .1rs a few seconds slower is hilarious. Until you get hands on a .2rs and make those .1rs upgrades, you are just purely speculating. Because I'm guessing you could ALSO make the .2rs perform better with future after-market mods. Oem to oem, this is an incredible feat Porsche pulled off and as Porsche-o-files, we should all love this. NA 2wd sub 7 sec ring time. Who else can claim that?
Completely agree. I think acquiring a new GT Porsche has become a painful endeavor for most, and people are just tired of it (adms, allocations). So they are trying to justify how not to upgrade and downplay the improvements. I've always said that every .2 version of a GT car has always been a pretty significant improvement and worth getting every time. Anyone who thought this was just 25hp increase must be new to Porsche GT cars...
Old 04-17-2018, 09:37 AM
Akunob
Rennlist Member

Received 896 Likes on 569 Posts

^ Bingo!!
Old 04-17-2018, 09:49 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

These .2 GT3 and GT3RS models are going to be the holy grail of the 991 generation line.... and the more unobtanium GT2RS seals the deal even more.

Kinda like how the 7.2 versions were/are. Like sweet M&M's.... Mezgers before and Motorsport now. I prefer the naturally-powered ones more though.... sorry 2RS.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:09 AM
Dante
Racer

Received 151 Likes on 35 Posts

conditions were undoubtfully ideal...rubber on track after 2 days of VLN race, fresh air temperature for the engine but sunny with the right temperature of asphalt making tyres working with the proper range
Old 04-17-2018, 10:10 AM
Brosef
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9

agreed. Not to mention, it’s laughable to see all the comments about headers in this thread. The power difference between the .1 and .2 is probably the smallest contributor. Just look at how close the 3RS is to the 2RS despite a ~200hp difference.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:14 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by Dante
conditions were undoubtfully ideal...rubber on track after 2 days of VLN race, fresh air temperature for the engine but sunny with the right temperature of asphalt making tyres working with the proper range
i wonder what a stock .1RS would have done on same tires, same day.
just to see how much better the car actually is.

never the less, they got an ideal day and the number is just mind blowing.

now, if you could only buy one....
But since I can’t, I’m matching faster rubber and spring rates to try and chase down the new ones
Old 04-17-2018, 10:18 AM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

But since I can’t, I’m matching faster rubber and spring rates to try and chase down the new ones
I prefer the look of your inferior .1 anyways still hold out hope though, hoping you end up getting that call one way or another.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:56 AM
Dante
Racer

Received 151 Likes on 35 Posts

Dear Trakcar, after being informed that I was not allocated a car (just two RS at my OPC going to VIP clients)..I spent a decent amount of time (trying to) convincing myself that .2 wasn't something really special compared to .1 which is already an almost perfect product; surely there is not the gap between the two versions seen within the 997 generation for instance... because most of parts really changing the driving exprecience (brakes, rubber, chassis width, aero) are pretty the same, nonetheless...reaching the perfection from a 95% score project like the 991.1 is what fascinates me more...and I still want an MK2
Old 04-17-2018, 02:02 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Everytime Porsche raises the performance bar , I ask myself , Is it possible the next one will be as impressive.....I am at Awe of what they have done in a short cycle of production....
Yes , better rubber, better track surface and possibly ideal weather that have produced a massive delta between the I & II, but isn't that exactly what we thrive to do everyday with our cars on track!!!?
Old 04-17-2018, 02:04 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
Thumbs up

Peter: The only one that is going to pass you in a 3RS.II is you.

Quick Reply: 991.2 3RS Ring time..............